Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dino Fudoli's Platform: Anti-Union, Anti-Police, Anti-Jobs, Anti-You!

Thumbs up Dino Fudoli's Platform: Anti-Union, Anti-Police, Anti-Jobs, Anti-You!

In light of tomorrow's debate, and since Mr. Fudoli is making us play the "guessing game" when it comes to his platform---I thought it would be appropriate to offer one up for him. Using his limited campaign literature, his voting record in the EC Legislature (or lack thereof), and the recent Buffalo News article in last Sunday's paper, I have extrapolated what I believe to be a comprehensive platform that Dino has assembled over his vast years of experience.

Shortstuff, iching, Gorja & Gang- Please refrain from simply copy and pasting that single-sided literature piece Dino and Co. shoved into our mailboxes a few weeks ago. It is not necessary, because if sayinga "10% pay decrease in salary" and "eliminating a town vehicle or two" is a platform- It's not- It's a crapform. It's plain rhetoric with no substantaive foundation as how it will help the Town on a whole. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. Now to the real Dino Fudoli agenda:

Dino Fudoli for Lancaster Town Supervisor
    A Lifetime Dedicated to Chris Collins: Making every public sector employee hurt- One Day at a time
    CUTTING TAXES:
    I haven't read the budget yet. But screw it! Who needs to read when you got a Lancaster Republican Party Chairman from Rochester to tell you what to do?!
    • Out of the 30 million dollar Town budget I will take a 10% pay decrease and eliminate a 5 year old Town Truck! Leading to a total savings of 8 cents for the taxpayers! Over 10 years!
    • Did you hear me? I said I would take a 10% pay decrease people! I make 43K as an Erie County Legislator and if successful I will be making 85K as Town Supervisor! That's a 10% pay decrease when you do the math with my giant calculator (it's taller than me- got it from FAO Schwartz- DISCOUNT BABY!)
    • I was one of two (1/2) Legislators in the EC Legislature to vote against funding of ANY & ALL Culturals
    • I was one of two (1/2) Legislators in the EC Legislature to vote against RAT and MOSQUITO control
    • I voted "NO" 152 times, but I didn't know what the "NO's" were for
    • I never voted for a tax increase- yet taxes went up County-wide twice under my leadership

JOBS:
    I'm sick of all these jobs coming to Lancaster- both public and private- It's time to eliminate these wasteful jobs!
    • First: Get rid of the police department and replace them with the Sheriff's. Lancaster police have a 2 min response time compared to the 20 min response time the Sheriff's have. I am sick of all these Unionized Police in our Town---it's time to "Cop-Out" of our well respected Police Force.
    • Second: Screw the Unions. It's time for layoffs people. Massive layoffs. The private sector screwed up the economy and led us down a path of recession. We gave them $700 million dollars worth of TARP Funds- So who should we blame I ask? The public sector! These blue collar workers just don't get! It's time for us to sacrifice the blue collar workers so the private sector can have more corporate welfare available for them. JUMP ABOARD people!
    • Third: Layoffs, layoffs, layoffs- Everything must be on the table, I just refuse to give specific examples. Here's my view on this from last week's Buffalo News: "Fudoli said he would make layoffs to offset the cost of any salary increases. He also takes a dim view of government support of culturals."
    • Last: Enough IDA hand-outs! Let the businesses and jobs move out of Town! That's where they belong.
    CULTURALS:
    I hate the culturals! The libraries and the arts are so "yesterday". I mean who needs books and intellectual property??!?! Not Dino!
    • Bob Giza gets excited when he talks about helping people. Screw that! My panties get all tied up in a knot when I talk about cutting funding to the Lancaster Opera House, Libraries, and all kinds of fun B.S. for the kids to do. Here's another excerpt from the Buff News about my view on this: "Fudoli emphasizes his business background and he gets riled up as he denounces government support of cultural institutions, or what he considers excessively generous benefits and pay for town employees."
    • RILED UP OVER CULTURALS BABY!
    • I was one of two (1/2) Legislators in the whole EC Leg to vote against any funding to these stupid institutions. Time for a renaissance of the DARK AGES!
    UNIONS:
    There is nothing I hate more than Unions. Who do these people think they are? Fighting and working on the behalf of others for fair wages. Not on my watch (my very expensive watch, made in Denmark)!

• Anti-Police Union- Even though one of my running mates was a former Police Officer
    • Anti-UAW- I ONLY drive foreign- so suck it UAW Workers!
    • Anti-Town Employee- Even though my other running mate works for the Fire Dept and drives a Town Vehicle- Yea that's right, we use a Town Vehicle for Lit Drops and other political functions- RULES ONLY APPLY TO OUR OPPONENTS! Whatcha you gonna do about it?
    • AND MOST IMPORTANTLY- ANTI-YOU

Now's the time for CHANGE! My Change! Jump aboard to SS Rolli-Polli Fudoli and we'll "Shake things up".
    This November 8th Vote for Me and Whoever the hell those other people are on my ticket!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Tell us how you really feel...

Originally posted by Ace22:
    •First: Get rid of the police department and replace them with the Sheriff's. Lancaster police have a 2 min response time compared to the 20 min response time the Sheriff's have. I am sick of all these Unionized Police in our Town---it's time to "Cop-Out" of our well respected Police Force.
    Though I am in favor of replacing the town police with the sheriff's dept, Dino is not. Dino said, "I am personally not in favor of eliminating the police department. Although I rarely walk away from the opportunity to streamline government and save taxpayers money, eliminating the police department could put our community at risk by jeopardizing public safety. I would also worry about losing the police programs in our schools that are currently providing resource officers to help curb behavioral issues and prevent the next generation from falling susceptible to drug and alcohol use."

Posted by Ace22:
    •Second: Screw the Unions. It's time for layoffs people. Massive layoffs. The private sector screwed up the economy and led us down a path of recession. We gave them $700 million dollars worth of TARP Funds- So who should we blame I ask? The public sector! These blue collar workers just don't get! It's time for us to sacrifice the blue collar workers so the private sector can have more corporate welfare available for them. JUMP ABOARD people!
    Dino is not against unions. It's the give-aways at the negotiating table. He said, " Its not that I don't want people to make a decent living but there are many extras that are built into these contracts that cost taxpayers millions of dollars over time. So we need to have an open and honest process that respects the taxpayers because for too long, taxpayers have been footing the bill for these lucrative deals the politicians strike with these unions to help keep them in power."

Georgia L Schlager

Giza's platform

Giza's platform-

If you contribute,
    the IDA tax abatement, I will distribute.

Town employees, if you give me your vote, I will denote in the form of a promissory note,
    that a favorable response to your wishes at the bargaining table is what I will devote.

If you want your free Cadillac healthcare plan,
    your wish is my command.

The Walden Ave building purchase was gov't waste to the max.
    But I won't relax until I find new avenues to increase the tax.

I promise our town government
    will increase residential development.
    If we run out of land, I heard from a lauder,
    that if you do it right, you can build on water.

Always remember this-
    I never found a stipen'
    that wasn't to my liken'

Georgia L Schlager

You can add another bullet to his platform- AHOLE!

[QUOTE=gorja;808924]Though I am in favor of replacing the town police with the sheriff's dept, Dino is not. Dino said, "I am personally not in favor of eliminating the police department. Although I rarely walk away from the opportunity to streamline government and save taxpayers money, eliminating the police department could put our community at risk by jeopardizing public safety. [B]I would also worry about losing the police programs in our schools that are currently providing resource officers to help curb behavioral issues and prevent the next generation from falling susceptible to drug and alcohol use."[/B]

Hey Gorj-sweetie>>>>>>>>>>>>EAT CROW

Did you read this morning's Buffalo News yet? Get off your ass, grab some coffee, and Suck-it!

Check Mate.

Any person, persons, or canine that still supports this idiot can go down in history with him!

And, by the way, "Puff the Magic Dino", is much more clever than any crap you could throw together when you roll out of bed.

[QUOTE=Ace22;808929]
    Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Though I am in favor of replacing the town police with the sheriff's dept, Dino is not. Dino said, "I am personally not in favor of eliminating the police department. Although I rarely walk away from the opportunity to streamline government and save taxpayers money, eliminating the police department could put our community at risk by jeopardizing public safety. [B]I would also worry about losing the police programs in our schools that are currently providing resource officers to help curb behavioral issues and prevent the next generation from falling susceptible to drug and alcohol use."[/B]

Did you read this morning's Buffalo News yet? Get off your ass, grab some coffee, and Suck-it!

Check Mate.

Any person, persons, or canine that still supports this idiot can go down in history with him!

And, by the way, "Puff the Magic Dino", is much more clever than any crap you could throw together when you roll out of bed.

That is the Giza goons smear campaign and nothing more

Georgia L Schlager

And there goes the remainder of the credibility....

While Ace22 perceives many shortfalls with Dino Fudoli, and was one mostly like involved in the drug charge allegations he refers to that was published in today’s Buffalo News, residents who attend Town Board meetings religiously perceive leadership deficiencies with his opponent, Supervisor Giza.

It is unfortunate that the debate will only be one hour in length, not enough time to get a full blown opinion on how both candidates feel regarding Ace22 charges and what others and I see as some leadership deficiencies, especially now with the alleged drug scandal Ace22 referred to.

Police/courts/shooting range fiasco

In 2003, the police merger between the Town and Village was touted to save $750,000 (especially in 2004 and 2006 campaign literature) and was never proven. Police fund budget in 2004 (year after merger) was $6.01 million. It is $9.3 million in this budget, a 50% increase. That $9.3 million is 40% of the General Fund and that does not include the money spent on the police/courts/shooting range project costs.

In 2003, the 3949 Walden Avenue Colecraft Building was purchased for $1.63 million; $1.855 was bonded. $725,000 will be paid in interest on the bonding, hundreds of thousands of dollars have been lost from taking the property off the tax rolls, and hundreds of thousands of dollars lost from feasibility costs and building maintenance.

$10 million has been bonded for the Pavement Road new build. Interest over the life of the loan will come to at least $2 million. $12 million + $3 million =$15 million for a total 36,000 square foot (police/courts/shooting range) complex. A 40,000 square foot new build in 2003 could have been had for $7 million - $172 per square foot at the time.

Shooting Range – the town is hard pressed to control spending in this election year but will piss away $600,000 on a shooting range when there are several ranges in a 4 mile radius. The town solely was responsible for the ten year delay in the project. The police/courts building will not be in operation until spring of 2013. Bad governance indeed and where millions of dollars of taxpayer money was wasted in the process. Three of the board members still serve on the board since the project began – Giza, Ruffino and Stempniak.

A government created that we can no longer afford

The Town payroll is $9.6 million – each 1% wage increase = $96,000 in town spending. There are 150 full time employees. Supervisor Giza declares there will be no salary increase this year, but then states in the media that reserves are there to cover a raise. So, which is it? Are we pandering to the unions again.

This is a maybe one shot deal. This Buffalo News declaration is worrisome and needs probing: Giza said the Town Board could take up the budget at its Nov. 7 meeting, one day before the election, and he said the town has enough in reserve funds to cover any raises. The budget must be approved by Nov. 20. Why delay the final budget announcement, to use reserve money and give the unions what they want in return for their support? After all, this board has been union friendly and generous in compensation and benefits.

No town employee contributes to their health care premium ($18,303 family plan). The Plan costs town $2.755 million annually. If town employees were obligated to contribute 10% towards the premium, there would be a savings of $275,000 per year. If town employees were obligated to contribute 15%, as is happening in other government agencies the savings would amount to $413,000. Now we are talking about some serious money.

Supervisor Giza gets lifetime health coverage from the Boys Club, yet takes the town offered stipend for having outside health insurance coverage (has to be somewhere around $8,000). When challenged by residents on double-dipping, his reply: “I’m entitled to it.” This does not bode well with residents who are paying taxes and are not fortunate enough to have work sponsored paid health coverage. While seniors are paying over $300 per month in Medicare and for supplemental health care coverage, Mr. Giza and town employees are getting a free ride.

Other issues

The Supervisor and his board associates supported Lancaster Airport expansion; an expansion that cost taxpayers approximately $10 million in federal and state grant monies that created no jobs, brought in next to nothing in revenues (tax and business) and is a nuisance/safety issues to residents. As Chair of IDA Board, Supervisor Giza supported three IDA’s grants with no promise of job creation, in the applications, just opportunity for airport management to offer cheaper gas and hangar space.

As Town Supervisor voted along with other board members approval to designate distressed “Enhanced Zones”. Then turns around and supported IDA’S for successful retail businesses and received quid pro quo campaign support.

Supervisor Giza was initially not a strong proponent of Penora pumping station construction or waterline project as he claims. He and former Town Engineer Labenski declared on numerous occasions at board meetings that there were no water pressure issues in town. In fact, he wanted to turn the water system over to the county. It was the residents that led the drive to improve the water system because of domestic low water pressure and firefighting limitations.

Supervisor Giza boasts that Lancaster is growing and the second best town to live in. Why then have taxes increased by 38% over the last seven years (2004 – 2011)? It should also be noted that 40% of new builds are patio or townhouses that receive 40% tax breaks because of Condominium Law 339-y consideration.

Longevity pay and other stipends are too generous in today’s economic climate. When I questioned the board in previous years on these items during the budget hearings, I was told those were all contract settlements – like the town was not part of the process and approved such perks.

For years this board never met a rezone it didn’t like, and recently they have been in the habit of rezoning rezones. A great percentage of Lancaster’s wetlands have been developed on and when residents complain about drainage or flooding issues” they are told “you should have known better.

Over the years numerous bogus developer wetland delineations have occurred in the town, and with the blessing of the town. Many homeowners already have sump pumps running 24/7, flooding and drainage issues, and may well see structural failure sin the future.

Let the debate begin!

We always knew the DEMS would play dirty, it was just a matter of time. Article in the News just goes to prove how nervous they really are about this campaign.

Who is the best person to be Supervisor of Lancaster? That has been the most important question since day one. After reading the news article on Dino Fudoli, I still stand by my answer~~Dino Fudoli is still the best person to run this town. These are the reasons:

1. It is apparent that this town has been under the thumb of mafia style tactics as we just read this morning. For decades, Giza has ALLOWED and PARTICIPATED in this kind of control/tactic and the Lancaster people are tired of it.

2. The "special" treatments and job security that Bob Giza has given to solidify mafia loyality like giving Steve Hoffman a seat on the IDA so that Steve Hoffman can be quoted in the Buffalo News ~~reflects badly on Bob Giza who says that he has no role in this smear campaign. How could that be Bob, you have been winning every election because of this mafia style tactics!

3. Conflict of Interest at it's best! Bob Giza claims he is involved in everything, that is a form of control that he has delivered to the Lancaster residents. Just like buying the Colecraft building that was housing boats, and personal items. He bought that building from his friend on the IDA which tells me that the IDA is a shell game of "conflict of interests."

Bottom line, Ace you must not be a christian because what you did and your venom tells me you have serious issues. The saddest thing right now is that family who lost their daughter and you brought this pain back to their lives. How sad is that, and what kind of person does that make you?

[QUOTE=Ace22;808929]
    Though I am in favor of replacing the town police with the sheriff's dept, Dino is not. Dino said, "I am personally not in favor of eliminating the police department. Although I rarely walk away from the opportunity to streamline government and save taxpayers money, eliminating the police department could put our community at risk by jeopardizing public safety. [B]I would also worry about losing the police programs in our schools that are currently providing resource officers to help curb behavioral issues and prevent the next generation from falling susceptible to drug and alcohol use."[/B]

Check Mate.

Well, this must be perceived as a tight Supervisor election race by the Giza supporters since the mafia style personal smear tactics have come out. It appears that the political tactics are to shift the focus from the Town issues, and who would be the better Supervisor to address them going forward, to personal smears against Fudulio to try to put him on the defensive and take the attention off what is really important for the Town. The Giza supporters must be worried that Giza will lose based upon the issues, so they are resorting to this. What ever happened to runing a clean campaign. If Supervisor Giza really is not behind this then he should find out who is and expose them publically for who they are. If he doesn't do this then one has to assume that he is condoning this down in the mud smear tactics and shame on him.

I have always stated how I love Lancaster. Today I can honestly say, it makes me sick to think that people like Ace lives here to change that beauty. How sad.....

My heart goes out to the family that this current regime has smeared into the media. Shame on you Bob Giza.

[QUOTE=Ace22;808929]

Check Mate.

I for one do not appreciate Ace's attack on gorja. Totally inappropriate!! I hope the administrator boots Ace from this site immediately.

Though I am in favor of replacing the town police with the sheriff's dept, Dino is not. Dino said, "I am personally not in favor of eliminating the police department. Although I rarely walk away from the opportunity to streamline government and save taxpayers money, eliminating the police department could put our community at risk by jeopardizing public safety. I would also worry about losing the police programs in our schools that are currently providing resource officers to help curb behavioral issues and prevent the next generation from falling susceptible to drug and alcohol use."
    The 20 minute response time thing is simply a scare tactic and nothing but crap! Come on people are you really that dumb? It doesn't matter who provides police coverage. If the sheriffs took over they would have the same exact response time as Lancaster! Please tell me how it would be any different? The only thing that changes is the look of the car. Oh yeah, and the fact we would save boat loads of money, I forgot that little detail. If you contractually replace car for car would you not still have the same coverage and reponse time?

[QUOTE=ichingtheory;809006]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post

I for one do not appreciate Ace's attack on gorja. Totally inappropriate!! I hope the administrator boots Ace from this site immediately.
    Don't worry, iching. I have thick skin. He/she doesn't bother me. IF I can dish it out, I should be able to take it

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information