Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resolution confusion

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    That's your opinion. As I posted,
    And this is your opinion...

But at the last meeting, he came at the highway superintendent like an enraged pit bull which wasn't necessary.
    ...eh Mary Shelly?
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

That's your opinion. As I posted,
    Hey Gorja, let me help you out with this half comment that you posted...

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    I know he is new, so perhaps he should remain silent and suppliant

The entire comment was written and conveyed in the form of a question, not an assertion...

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I know he is new, so perhaps he should remain silent and suppliant, and wait-out 18 years on the Council, and only then act like the inappropriate showman Ruffino, and speak as an unelected taxpayer from the prestige of his Council seat, and not from the proper forum of the gallery?
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

For any of those conspiracy theorists of the new administration adding jobs, here's the recording of the work session.

Edit- Dickman, Leary and Mazur did add (create) a new job.

Georgia L Schlager

For any of those conspiracy theorists of the new administration adding jobs, here's the recording of the work session.

Edit- Dickman, Leary and Mazur did add (create) a new job.

Am I being a conspiracy theorist if I offer kudos to Ruffino to relate my understanding that he saved the town $8,000 at the expense of Ms. Barbaro?

Am I also being a malcontent if I express my relief that the savings will mitigate any impact of possible significant overtime pay for his office staff?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 21st, 2020 at 11:42 PM.

I would like to state that I may have misjudged Councilman Leary.
    I guess it's because he is just not a smiler which makes him look pessimistic rather than optimistic to me.
    He did respectfully ask questions and make comments last night which is more important.

Georgia L Schlager

I would like to state that I may have misjudged Councilman Leary.
    I guess it's because he is just not a smiler which makes him look pessimistic rather than optimistic to me.
    He did respectfully ask questions and make comments last night which is more important.
    It just may all be in our beholding eyes Gorja.

When you see Ruffino in the Supervisor's chair, you may see a late-to-the-party fiscal conservative that makes you smile proudly; I may see a phony, self-serving, manipulative, lying, ego-driven, disingenuous, deceitful, loathsome party hack that turns my stomach, and I see that with my clean glasses on.

Just sayin'.

I started this thread to petition for resolution language transparency. Too often the town has spot-on reason to approve a resolution but the resolution language does not completely / precisely define reasons for approval. Too often there is no one from the public to seek clarification.

Last night’s town board work session and regular meeting was an example where the board and department heads took it upon themselves to bring clarity by openly discussing several matters of public interest.

Thanks to Gorga’s posting of the work session meeting dialogue and the town’s recording of the regular meeting, the public has excess to true transparency; what exactly took place at the meeting through its entirety; not through secondhand report. I would hope that Gorga continues to post the work session recording and that the town consider doing likewise as this is an integral part of what takes place at the regular meeting.

At last night’s meeting, all area’s of public interest on several resolutions were brought to light and reviewed:

Dog shelter grant application approval and submission to the State

Schedule of Salary adoption for Park Crew Chief and reason for its approval

Bid application for four vehicle purchases – two for highway, two for parks. Highway Superintendent explained purchase process and reasons for.

Hiring of a building and grounds caretaker for 525 Pavement Ave

Requirement to submit PO-17 form to county promote two Mechanic Assistants – no new hires

Pursuing of a grant to build athletic fields at property on Broadway & Schwartz

Waste disposal – landfills are overtaxed – COST agreement with Covanta to convert waste into energy will be pursued

Comment

Kudos to council member Robert Leary for questioning and comments on several resolutions. Kudos for Supervisor Ruffino’s response and the civilized exchange that took place between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    I started this thread to petition for resolution language transparency. Too often the town has spot-on reason to approve a resolution but the resolution language does not completely / precisely define reasons for approval. Too often there is no one from the public to seek clarification.

Last night’s town board work session and regular meeting was an example where the board and department heads took it upon themselves to bring clarity by openly discussing several matters of public interest.

Thanks to Gorga’s posting of the work session meeting dialogue and the town’s recording of the regular meeting, the public has excess to true transparency; what exactly took place at the meeting through its entirety; not through secondhand report. I would hope that Gorga continues to post the work session recording and that the town consider doing likewise as this is an integral part of what takes place at the regular meeting.

At last night’s meeting, all area’s of public interest on several resolutions were brought to light and reviewed:

Dog shelter grant application approval and submission to the State

Schedule of Salary adoption for Park Crew Chief and reason for its approval

Bid application for four vehicle purchases – two for highway, two for parks. Highway Superintendent explained purchase process and reasons for.

Hiring of a building and grounds caretaker for 525 Pavement Ave

Requirement to submit PO-17 form to county promote two Mechanic Assistants – no new hires

Pursuing of a grant to build athletic fields at property on Broadway & Schwartz

Waste disposal – landfills are overtaxed – COST agreement with Covanta to convert waste into energy will be pursued

Comment

Kudos to council member Robert Leary for questioning and comments on several resolutions. Kudos for Supervisor Ruffino’s response and the civilized exchange that took place between the two.
    Yes, I agree Lee, it was a very transparent meeting on both sides. As well as both sides spoke
    respectfully when presenting their reasons for or against a resolution.

I do like that the supervisor at the beginning of the meeting communicates to the attendees new information of interest
    that has transpired since the last meeting.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information