Thread: Office of Taxpayer Accountability

Office of Taxpayer Accountability

I received the following e-mail that may be of interest:

Dear New Yorker,

I am excited to inform you about some new interactive web features on the Office of Taxpayer Accountability (OTA) website. The first feature is called "Straight Talk from the Taxpayer." Straight Talk allows you to submit, discuss, and vote on ideas to cut government spending, streamline government operations, save taxpayer dollars, and provide local property tax relief. My staff will review these ideas for inclusion in taxpayer savings reforms. You can access this feature directly by clicking here.

Recently, the OTA established Twitter and Facebook accounts to provide an opportunity for more widespread and regular communication with taxpayers. You can follow the OTA’s progress on Twitter by clicking here, and you can become a fan on the OTA Facebook page by clicking here.

We have also launched EmpireStat, a new, data-based government performance and accountability system. Through EmpireStat, taxpayers will be able to monitor work and progress through monthly reports and other information and data posted on this web page.

As businesses use interactive web-based IT to generate innovative ideas directly from their customers; our customers – the hard-working taxpayers of New York – should also have a say in the way we spend taxpayer dollars and provide services. I hope you join in our efforts to reform and streamline State and local government, and please let us know how you enjoy these new interactive web features.

Best,

David A. Paterson
    Governor of New York State
    The website is: http://taxpayer.ny.gov/
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    I received the following e-mail that may be of interest:

The website is: http://taxpayer.ny.gov/
    I feel so much better now

Picture a suggestion box with a paper shredder carefully concealed at the bottom.

9 billion deficit and now they want opinions/suggestions......maybe they should email that to NY expat businesses and former citicizens....you know kinda like an exit interview...those tend to be the most informative.

Thank you for my morning laugh Daniel T.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Picture a suggestion box with a paper shredder carefully concealed at the bottom.
    Probably about right.
    Meow, baby

This is abviously an authoritarian trick to try and identify the enslaved resisters. I wouldnt even trust clicking on the link. Want to make the state more efficient? Stop sending money to Albany. Revolt! Revolt and have the patience to wait out the war and start over the right way. The current system can not be fixed, it needs to be abolished.

It may be everything said above, however if you do not speak to those who should be listening you should not be surprised that they do not hear you.

So I submitted the following suggestion: Since state civil service appointees who work in the five boroughs of New York City or in Nassau, Suffolk, Rockland, or Westchester Counties will receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment and appointees who work in Dutchess, Orange, or Putnam Counties will receive an additional $1,513 annual mid-Hudson adjustment, wouldn't it be prudent to only make appointments in those counties for job titles that need to be in those geographic areas and move all the non-geographically bound titles to other locations?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information