Thread: Season over for Sabres.

Season over for Sabres.

Ended the season with 81 points. Up from 54 last year. That's 13 more wins.

Ended the season with 201 goals. Up from 161 last year.

Ended the season with a 60 point scorer. Something they have not had since 2011-12.

4 players with over 20 goals. 3 with over 30 assists.

Eichel was what we thought. Ristolainen positioned to be a top defensemen in the NHL and Reinhart not only showed he was worth the #2 but also moved to the wing. Kane got back to 20 goals, even with a short season. Lastly, ROR became the #1 Center GMTM thought he was.

The future is bright. Regardless of what the morons think.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Pretty good. Just taking measurements from the year before and comparing. All positive. Everything takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Pretty good. Just taking measurements from the year before and comparing. All positive. Everything takes time.
    It was a tale of two seasons.

"By the winter, the Sabres morphed into legitimate team again. They went 20-14-7 over the final 41 games, earning 47 of their 81 points. They finished on a 8-3-2 run.That’s a 94-point pace over a full season, which would put them in the thick of the playoff race."

I think if they can be smart with some moves over the summer there is a really good chance for a playoff run next season.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    It was a tale of two seasons.

"By the winter, the Sabres morphed into legitimate team again. They went 20-14-7 over the final 41 games, earning 47 of their 81 points. They finished on a 8-3-2 run.That’s a 94-point pace over a full season, which would put them in the thick of the playoff race."

I think if they can be smart with some moves over the summer there is a really good chance for a playoff run next season.
    Yeah, second half of the season was really nice. Not that many parts away from have a playoff push next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Yeah, second half of the season was really nice. Not that many parts away from have a playoff push next year.
    I think the thing I am most excited about is seeing the successful transition of Samson to wing. ROR, Eichel as 1-2 Centers and Kane/Samson as 1-2 wingers is a solid start to a top 6. If they can sign another top 6 wing and then bring back or develop another in the existing group...that will be something.

Hope we're able to draft a LHD this year.

look who they played the end of the season.. how about friday night game lost to the one of the worset teams in the league and at home. went to the game most fans bailed in period number 3. the hype is the media, and this team has a long way to go you have to win at home in front of your fans.

Year in and year out, fans longed for Buffalo to do something mediocre.with the bills not making the playoffs for 16 years and the sabres for five I will have to go with the sabres in getting into the playoffs before the bills.

The Sabres are considerably better and more entertaining than they were in recent years, but let’s not use the basement as a benchmark. They were a waste of time and money, the polar opposite of what fans should accept, for two years before finally turning things around over the past 40 games.

buffalo news The Sabres are considerably better and more entertaining than they were in recent years, but let’s not use the basement as a benchmark. They were a waste of time and money, the polar opposite of what fans should accept, for two years before finally turning things around over the past 40 games.
    Bylsma usually chooses his words carefully, and he was particularly selective Friday. His message was obvious. The losing culture that began before he arrived caused more damage than he expected. He started from scratch and changed attitudes of players who had grown accustomed to losing or didn’t understand winning. He is right Bills and sabres have been mismanaged for years and the bills still have some of ralphs belongs with in the office.

Culture changes take time. Ask the Bills. Bylsma spent months figuring which buttons to push with his players and just as long for them to understand him. He stressed the importance of detail, repeatedly pounding home his message until it became instinctive. It’s a continuous work in progress, but there has been progress.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    look who they played the end of the season.. how about friday night game lost to the one of the worset teams in the league and at home. went to the game most fans bailed in period number 3. the hype is the media, and this team has a long way to go you have to win at home in front of your fans.

Year in and year out, fans longed for Buffalo to do something mediocre.with the bills not making the playoffs for 16 years and the sabres for five I will have to go with the sabres in getting into the playoffs before the bills.

The Sabres are considerably better and more entertaining than they were in recent years, but let’s not use the basement as a benchmark. They were a waste of time and money, the polar opposite of what fans should accept, for two years before finally turning things around over the past 40 games.

buffalo news The Sabres are considerably better and more entertaining than they were in recent years, but let’s not use the basement as a benchmark. They were a waste of time and money, the polar opposite of what fans should accept, for two years before finally turning things around over the past 40 games.
    Bylsma usually chooses his words carefully, and he was particularly selective Friday. His message was obvious. The losing culture that began before he arrived caused more damage than he expected. He started from scratch and changed attitudes of players who had grown accustomed to losing or didn’t understand winning. He is right Bills and sabres have been mismanaged for years and the bills still have some of ralphs belongs with in the office.

Culture changes take time. Ask the Bills. Bylsma spent months figuring which buttons to push with his players and just as long for them to understand him. He stressed the importance of detail, repeatedly pounding home his message until it became instinctive. It’s a continuous work in progress, but there has been progress.

You're a moron and you don't know sh*t about hockey.

On Friday they started Kasdorf in net. It was his first and only game in the NHL.

You're a moron and you don't know sh*t about hockey.

On Friday they started Kasdorf in net. It was his first and only game in the NHL.
    I know a lot about hockey and watched the game. The team never gave the kid any help. JACK ASS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GI joe View Post
    I know a lot about hockey and watched the game. The team never gave the kid any help. JACK ASS!!!
    You're echoing my point dumb ass.

Suggesting the loss to Columbus is a sign of the season would be similar to suggesting that Washington should have started a rebuild after they lost to Buffalo by the same exact 4-1 score in January.

You're echoing my point dumb ass.

Suggesting the loss to Columbus is a sign of the season would be similar to suggesting that Washington should have started a rebuild after they lost to Buffalo by the same exact 4-1 score in January.
    your such a tool. next time I visit the transplants down south ill bring you a hot dog and a ham.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    your such a tool. next time I visit the transplants down south ill bring you a hot dog and a ham.
    We already have Sahlen's down here and Wegmans is coming...due to the number of people who were smart enough to pack up and leave.

Never really thought of WNY being know for Ham. Chiavetta's and real polish sausage on the other hand......

You still don't know anything about hockey.

We already have Sahlen's down here and Wegmans is coming...due to the number of people who were smart enough to pack up and leave.

Never really thought of WNY being know for Ham. Chiavetta's and real polish sausage on the other hand......

You still don't know anything about hockey.
    just met with some area transplant friends that were here for a visit (they would never come back here) they told me about wegmans going down there. Sahlens also make da ham.

here I got you a book for the new sabres season so u can follow the game.

Thread Information