Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Former Amherst Attorney Versus Amtrak Locomotive

The Former Amherst Attorney Versus Amtrak Locomotive

Remember a few weeks ago there was a bunch of reports of a (now) judge that got smacked by an Amtrak train in Depew. There was (is?) all kinds of speculation about the circumstances, but the most predominant was that he is/was involved with some alleged ne'er-do-wells and he was trying to kill himself. There were allegations that the was "on the take." IMO, the guy seemed shady when he was in the Amherst attorney's office years ago. Gave me the creeps.

Last I heard, he was in hospital for a busted up leg or something and the report obtained by some 'news' station was ridiculously redacted. Whatever.

Soooooo, what's the skinny on the guy? What's the deal/dirt?

The guys name is said to be John Michalski.

Member, what business did you have with him when he was in the town attorneys office that gave you the “creeps”, if you don’t mind my asking. And do you have some reason to think that the name that has been reported for him is not really his name? Your post kinda sounds that way. Again just wondering.

hadn't heard about it but ch4 has a long article
    https://www.wivb.com/news/exclusive-...-hit-by-train/

using linkedin as a source for how long he's been a judge is a joke though. linkedin can say whatever a person wants. Judges are public officials, look it up in state records
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Member, what business did you have with him when he was in the town attorneys office that gave you the “creeps”, if you don’t mind my asking. And do you have some reason to think that the name that has been reported for him is not really his name? Your post kinda sounds that way. Again just wondering.
    My exposure to the then-attorney's office representative (Michalski) was related to a matter that I brought before the "housing court"... a code violation. As the "plaintiff" as it were I (along with four others similar to me) met with Michalski. My feel - as well as the predominant feeling of the group - was that Michalski was trying to compel us to select our actions based on some benefit to himself. One of the group had even come right out and said (paraphrasing)... 'My God, he wants us to make it worth his while." I couldn't disagree. And, for the record, no there was never any explicit comments in that regard... it was a feeling of the 'creeps'. I got the feeling that he was less interested in the facts of the matter... and more interested in getting something out of it for himself. Further, his general demeanor was not equivalent to other attorneys (municipal, corporate, personal, IP, litigation, real estate, environmental, etc... including Jones & Nesper, for example) with which I have been involved from time to time. I took him to be a thoroughly 'political' being.... one that was revered by Jane Woodward. [BTW, when we spoke to Klein about our feeling, he did not disagree.]

Nah, that's his name. That's the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    hadn't heard about it but ch4 has a long article
    https://www.wivb.com/news/exclusive-...-hit-by-train/

using linkedin as a source for how long he's been a judge is a joke though. linkedin can say whatever a person wants. Judges are public officials, look it up in state records
    Thanks. Yeah, I've seen that (March 22nd) report. I was interested ("nosey", one might say) about any follow-up. Has it been hushed... and if so, by whom... and on what grounds? Is the guy still a Judge? How much "leave" time do judges get?

If all of this happened to an ordinary person...all the details would have been pasted all over the media!

Quote Originally Posted by Member 2358 View Post
    My exposure to the then-attorney's office representative (Michalski) was related to a matter that I brought before the "housing court"... a code violation. As the "plaintiff" as it were I (along with four others similar to me) met with Michalski. My feel - as well as the predominant feeling of the group - was that Michalski was trying to compel us to select our actions based on some benefit to himself. One of the group had even come right out and said (paraphrasing)... 'My God, he wants us to make it worth his while." I couldn't disagree. And, for the record, no there was never any explicit comments in that regard... it was a feeling of the 'creeps'. I got the feeling that he was less interested in the facts of the matter... and more interested in getting something out of it for himself. Further, his general demeanor was not equivalent to other attorneys (municipal, corporate, personal, IP, litigation, real estate, environmental, etc... including Jones & Nesper, for example) with which I have been involved from time to time. I took him to be a thoroughly 'political' being.... one that was revered by Jane Woodward. [BTW, when we spoke to Klein about our feeling, he did not disagree.]

Nah, that's his name. That's the guy.
    Well, what was he going to get out of it for himself? Money? Prestige? A raise? How did you determine he was “revered” by Jane Woodward? Did he invoke her name? Did she invoke his name? He never said anything to suggest that he wanted anything. Judge Klein “didn’t disagree” when you expressed your feelings? Apparently he didn’t “agree” either or you would’ve certainly pointed that out. Maybe Judge Klein is too much of a professional to engage in that sort of thing? Just asking. Sounds to me like he didn’t roll in your direction so you think he’s a “creep”.

Thanks. Yeah, I've seen that (March 22nd) report. I was interested ("nosey", one might say) about any follow-up. Has it been hushed... and if so, by whom... and on what grounds? Is the guy still a Judge? How much "leave" time do judges get?
    If you want to know if he’s still a judge look it up. It’s public record. It seems to me that it’s a matter that is still under investigation...an investigation that seems to go well beyond your housing court problem, judging by the sound of it. I’m no legal expert, but I’m pretty sure that federal investigators are under no legal duty to disclose the contents of an ongoing investigation to a disappointed litigant in a housing case that apparently has nothing to do with the federal investigation. Gee, why don’t you play out your fantasies by trying to discern the role of Jane Woodward, an elected official who left office over 10 years ago, if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    If all of this happened to an ordinary person...all the details would have been pasted all over the media!
    Not if it was part of an ongoing criminal investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Well, what was he going to get out of it for himself? Money? Prestige? A raise? How did you determine he was “revered” by Jane Woodward? Did he invoke her name? Did she invoke his name? He never said anything to suggest that he wanted anything. Judge Klein “didn’t disagree” when you expressed your feelings? Apparently he didn’t “agree” either or you would’ve certainly pointed that out. Maybe Judge Klein is too much of a professional to engage in that sort of thing? Just asking. Sounds to me like he didn’t roll in your direction so you think he’s a “creep”.
    Let me tell you something clearly and without any room for interpretation... the code matter fell directly in "my" (our) favor. It closed in exactly the way that we wanted, hoped, and expected. Your statement involving some highly probably speculation ends up being wrong. No matter what it "sounds like" to you. You have come to a conclusion (so-to-speak) that does not correlate to the actual truth/facts. I can't even fathom why the hell you give a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    Absolutely. I mean, c'mon, that redacted report was laughable. At the end of the day, anyone - and I mean anyone - that intentionally lies on a railbed knowing a train is approaching can hardly be considered "stable." I'm not even clear on what about that would need a lengthy alleged "investigation." I suppose, however, the so-called "investigation" could be merely a claim to try to give reason to secrecy(?). Not sure how/if that would work.

I wonder if the guy was 'on the take' from the mob. Kinda seems like that is a strong possibility. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Sorta seems like it has the early stage makings of a movie... of which I'd like to be part of.

Let me tell you something clearly and without any room for interpretation... the code matter fell directly in "my" (our) favor. It closed in exactly the way that we wanted, hoped, and expected. Your statement involving some highly probably speculation ends up being wrong. No matter what it "sounds like" to you. You have come to a conclusion (so-to-speak) that does not correlate to the actual truth/facts. I can't even fathom why the hell you give a crap.
    So let me understand. You won. You got exactly what you wanted. And you can’t fathom why I give a crap. Let’s see “Soooooo, what’s the skinny on the guy? What’s the deal/dirt?” Where have we heard that? From you, in your first post when you started this thread. Perhaps the better question is why do you give a crap? And, of course, you didn’t even bother to answer the questions I raised about the points you were trying to make...about something in it for him...about Jane Woodward. Jane Woodward? Really? Other than you dragging her name into it how does she even figure in the story about the train.

Absolutely. I mean, c'mon, that redacted report was laughable. At the end of the day, anyone - and I mean anyone - that intentionally lies on a railbed knowing a train is approaching can hardly be considered "stable." I'm not even clear on what about that would need a lengthy alleged "investigation." I suppose, however, the so-called "investigation" could be merely a claim to try to give reason to secrecy(?). Not sure how/if that would work.

I wonder if the guy was 'on the take' from the mob. Kinda seems like that is a strong possibility. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

Sorta seems like it has the early stage makings of a movie... of which I'd like to be part of.
    Let’s see if we can explain this so you can get it. You’re wrong. If it involved an “ordinary person” instead of a state court judge no one other than the immediate family would even know about it. It wouldn’t be a news story at all. You think this the first time in the history of the rail industry in western New York that someone was struck by a train? And apparently, in addition, it’s not just the judgeship but the fact that it involves an ongoing federal investigation that makes it extraordinary. I’m pretty sure that the feds needn’t disrupt the integrity of their investigation just to satisfy your interest in an individual when your interest is plainly driven by personal animus against him.

Ahahahahah hahahahahhaaaaaaaaa. Just read the Buffalo News piece on this Michalski guy. The theme from his buddies and cohorts is "John's like really a fun guy; he can make you laugh". His friends say they wouldn't think he's done anything bad... 'cuz, again, y'know, he's funny. Puts me in mind of so many murderers abut whom the neighbors say 'gosh, he/she was always nice, quiet, friendly' never woulda expected that person to slaughter someone. LOL the guy runs to a railbed lays down in front of a freakin' freight train. Yep. Fun guy. Hold my beer. Reynold's - another chum of Woodward - seems to love this guy. All these supporters are gonna have egg on their face, I'd be willing to bet. Yeah, he's the guy I want making important decisions. Hardly. Didn't he have some interest in that eatery in Clarence where El Ranchito is now? I think he did. Makes no real matter... just curious. Coincidence - he gives money... and poof (after losing two tries to get elected as a judge) he gets appointed. Coincidence. Maybe. Could be. I suppose.

One can only hide for so long... it just takes one mistake to shine the light. In my opinion laying in front of a choo choo is a mistake.

Well, at least you got 2 things right. That he may have had an interest in a Clarence restaurant “makes no real matter” and “laying in front of a choo choo is a mistake”, something I rather imagine he’s learned. And I gather you must be new in town because you seem surprised that people who want to be judges make political donations. In the 8 county region of western New York how many state court judges are elected and how many are appointed? Is there something wrong, unusual or improper in an appointment to the bench? And what in the hell is it with your fixation with Jane Woodward?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information