Thread: Barrier = wall = fence right?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Barrier = wall = fence right?

Hillary Clinton used to sound a lot like Trump on immigration

Read some of the comments on this youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnqlkShEZQM

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    [h=1]Hillary Clinton used to sound a lot like Trump on immigration

This is Hillary 2.5. She has been rebooted from the Hillary in the 90s. All new positions that are designed for todays voter.

Don't even talk about the Hillary of the 80s. That was just a beta model and before she was sold on the open market.

a fence is not a wall... but I always assumed once the reality sinks in that Mexico isn't going to pay for anything, and nobody is going to build a wall, that this logic would be used to pretend Trump knows what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles View Post
    a fence is not a wall... but I always assumed once the reality sinks in that Mexico isn't going to pay for anything, and nobody is going to build a wall, that this logic would be used to pretend Trump knows what he's talking about.
    I would almost....almost......like to see a Trump Presidency just to see the look on his supporters when his Alpha Program, the one that hooked so many lemmings, his border wall, doesn't get built. Much less paid for by Mexico.

I also don't know what to make of the periodic headlines, the ones where ICE makes mass arrests of illegal aliens. I've been out of the business for awhile now but all I have read is how ICE isn't doing ANY deportations. Like they all sit around the office drinking coffee and playing computer games.

And what is going on with Obama? How is it that this Secret Muslim continues to get away with military strikes against Al Queda and ISIS. When all the rants claim he does nothing against his people.

b.b.

I have a client that refuses to pay for updates on their website. They are on WordPress and several times a year both the framework and used plugins get updates...many of which are security related. They say they will take care of it on their own but they simply never get around to it.

The thing is, beyond being the development agency on record we are also the host for the client and they sit on one of our premium boxes. They love the ability to have just a single point of contact for when an issue arises but were unable to get that an ounce of prevention would save them a pound of cure. We are also the 5th agency that has worked with them in the last 8 years or so. They mandate that they work with someone local and we are pretty much the only agency left that not only will take them on as a client but also has the ability to do the type of ongoing development they need.

Back to the updates...the long story short is we simply increased the billing on their hosting plan to the point where not only does it cover the cost of us doing the updates they previously declined when having an option but also added a nice bit of margin for us to compensate for the headache.

What's the point of this story if you need to ask? Well sometimes in business you get clients to pay for things they don't want when you use the leverage in a situation.

I think the wall is a stupid idea but I do think the US could get Mexico to 'pay for it' simply because we hold leverage. I think that Trump is looking at this from a perspective of how an international business would act rather than a nation through traditional diplomacy. There is plenty of money that goes between both nations where you can tweak numbers to compensate. There are trade deals that can be adjusted. But most importantly there is the flow of legal immigration. The US could open up the doors to Central America and parts of Asia to flood the market of affordable migrate labor, which in turn would allow US businesses to keep similar margins.

Personally, I would love to replace immigrants from Mexico with immigrants from India for several reasons but mostly because Indians have a very high success rate at integrating and embracing US culture.

Now regardless of if you like that untraditional diplomacy or not...it does not mean the option is not there. So ya, the US could build a wall and make Mexico 'pay for it' if they wanted.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So if Trump said we are going to build fence you would be ok with that?

There's nothing new about a fence. We have a fence. Bigger fencing has been installed over the past 10 years. Where we can't put physical fencing, we have virtual fencing. But leave it to Trump fans to think there is no fence and that no border controls exist until Trump came along.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    a fence is not a wall
    I'll play along with your word game.

We won't build a wall. We will build a brick fence.

http://www.houzz.com/brick-fence

Brick fence stock photos and images

http://www.canstockphoto.com/images-...ick-fence.html

Stock Photo - Brick Fence with Barbed Wire

http://www.canstockphoto.com/images-...hp?id=11305571

Brick & Stone Fencing

http://www.fencemasterhouston.com/re...e-fencing.html

This needs to stop. Call it anything you want it's a structure to stop and hinder people from illegally entering the USA.

I cannot understand why there is so much debate about a nation's right to have controlled borders? Seriously WTH is wrong with having a barrier to illegal immigration. How would the liberal idiots feel if there back yards in black rock, the west side, etc etc. were trespassed, property vandalized, drugs being transported in large numbers with impunity? Oh yeah then there would be a problem

A bunch of namby pamby hypocrites. These people disgust me. They even block half way houses etc. in their neighborhoods. The demise of this country will come from a liberal hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    I cannot understand why there is so much debate about a nation's right to have controlled borders? Seriously WTH is wrong with having a barrier to illegal immigration.
    Guilt.

People have been bashed over the head with political correctness and guilt for so long they are unable to say NO out of fear for being called names. When faced with opposition from people who do have the courage to say no, they deflect by calling those people racists or hate mongers...whatever works.

I'll play along with your word game. This needs to stop. Call it anything you want it's a structure to stop and hinder people from illegally entering the USA.
    The only person playing words games here is Donald Trump. We already have a fence. He promised to build a wall. If a fence is the same thing as a wall then why would we build what we already have? Once again, stop with the excuses for this guy.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I"ll continue to humor this discussion.

We have an inadequate fence.

"not enough or not good enough : not adequate"

We do not have an adequate fence.

IN this case my opinion is we need a stronger southern border.

IN this case my opinion is we need a stronger southern border.
    That's a great opinion. But it's not what Trump was promising, which was to build a wall.

The only person playing words games here is Donald Trump. We already have a fence. He promised to build a wall. If a fence is the same thing as a wall then why would we build what we already have? Once again, stop with the excuses for this guy.
    How well is that fence working?

almost 20 thousand of tax payer dollars per illegal immigrant, for a country as broke ass as Puerto Rico actually worse. Rich nations fail just like poor nations except the fall is much harder. We blew our wad with borrowing for a lousy sub 2 percent growth.

Trump is where he is now because people are sick of a government that puts the interests of it's citizens last. Except if you have an Obama phone which by the way according to GAO is 500 million in fraud.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    That's a great opinion. But it's not what Trump was promising, which was to build a wall.

Wall, fence, brick fence, brick wall it's all the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information