Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ruffino Administration: "Had Enough Yet?"

Attached Images Attached Images
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

I understand that kudos are in order for the Lancaster Town Police for their prompt attention.

With that said, hey "conservative" Supervisor Ruffino and candidate Wozniak, I don't appreciate Leftists terds trespassing on my property and stealing my Trump sign.

This is the second violation of my property in recent weeks, and surely such behavior does not reflect a conservative appreciation for the First Amendment.

Collectively, how about representing your entire constituency, or potential constituency, and PUBLICLY demand an end to this criminal mischief, eh?
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

It happens everywhere to both sides.
    Here's part of an article from the Clarence Bee-
    Former Clarence Town Board member Bernie Kolber was sitting in his neighbor’s driveway when he saw a car pull up in front of his house.

A young girl exited the car and proceeded to remove two of Kolber’s political yard signs supporting Donald Trump. Knowing that the street was a dead end, Kolber blocked the car’s pathway and let the girls go with a warning.

His experience mirrors that of many other residents in recent weeks, as the tension in the buildup to next month’s presidential election is spilling into neighborhoods across the country. Political yard signs, historically an easy way for a resident to show support for a political candidate, have been targeted by both sides of the hotly contested November election.

Western New York has not been excluded. From Tonawanda to Chautauqua, residents and local police departments have noted a steep incline in calls and complaints of political sign vandalism.

The issue in Clarence and across Western New York have certainly not been relegated to one party or candidate.

Clarence Center resident Russ Vaughan recently posted a Biden sign on his lawn, the first such sign he’s ever posted for a political candidate. In less than a week, it was removed in the middle of the night.

“Driving around Clarence Center, it was noticeable that several other Biden signs were gone,” he said.

Vaughan refuted the idea that the sign could have been removed by youth with nothing better to do.

“My neighbor has a Trump sign, and that’s still there,” he said.

After the sign theft, Vaughan’s wife and daughter created a few new, homemade Biden signs and posted them. Today, they’re still up and have not been tampered with.

“We did put those closer to the house than the previous ones,” he said.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    It happens everywhere to both sides.
    Here's part of an article from the Clarence Bee-
    Former Clarence Town Board member Bernie Kolber was sitting in his neighbor’s driveway when he saw a car pull up in front of his house.

A young girl exited the car and proceeded to remove two of Kolber’s political yard signs supporting Donald Trump. Knowing that the street was a dead end, Kolber blocked the car’s pathway and let the girls go with a warning.

His experience mirrors that of many other residents in recent weeks, as the tension in the buildup to next month’s presidential election is spilling into neighborhoods across the country. Political yard signs, historically an easy way for a resident to show support for a political candidate, have been targeted by both sides of the hotly contested November election.

Western New York has not been excluded. From Tonawanda to Chautauqua, residents and local police departments have noted a steep incline in calls and complaints of political sign vandalism.

The issue in Clarence and across Western New York have certainly not been relegated to one party or candidate.

Clarence Center resident Russ Vaughan recently posted a Biden sign on his lawn, the first such sign he’s ever posted for a political candidate. In less than a week, it was removed in the middle of the night.

“Driving around Clarence Center, it was noticeable that several other Biden signs were gone,” he said.

Vaughan refuted the idea that the sign could have been removed by youth with nothing better to do.

“My neighbor has a Trump sign, and that’s still there,” he said.

After the sign theft, Vaughan’s wife and daughter created a few new, homemade Biden signs and posted them. Today, they’re still up and have not been tampered with.

“We did put those closer to the house than the previous ones,” he said.
    Regard the alleged violation of Biden signs, I am not a Republican but I am a Trump supporter, and I'll would ask that free expression be honored by all, and that private property not be violated.

I do understand that a neighbor who had his Trump sign attached to his house had some of his siding pulled off.

Some may liken the stealing of a sign to a puckish prank; defacing and destruction of private property is an entirely different matter, eh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 21st, 2020 at 06:26 PM.

FYI...

District Attorney’s Office Investigates Claim Regarding Supervisor

October 22, 2020

by MARIA PERICOZZI Editor

The Erie County District Attorney’s Office is investigating a claim regarding Lancaster Town Supervisor Ron Ruffino filling up his personal vehicle with town gas.

During public comment at Monday’s Lancaster Town Board meeting, Council Member Bob Leary asked Ruffino to comment on the matter.

“The [district attorney’s office] came in, and there’s nothing being done that’s wrong,” Ruffino said. “The district attorney’s office cleared me of this matter. There are no issues at all – they kind of laughed at it quite honestly.”

Ruffino said in July, he submitted a six-month log sheet of town business travel with his personal vehicle. During the first six months, he drove 388.6 miles. The gas rate for mileage is set at $0.575 per mile, so his total claim would be $223.44. During those six months, Ruffino said that he filled up his personal vehicle with town gas five times, which equated to $154.96. The town wrote a reimbursement check for the difference, of $68.48.

Leary said he had never heard of reimbursements being done this way, and that he talked to the other supervisors, and it has never been done before.

“You have no right to go and fill up your personal vehicle. You have the same rights as anyone else on the town board,” Leary said.

Ruffino stated he received a call in early August from the district attorney’s office stating he was being investigated. Shortly after, two officers from the district attorney’s office came to town hall to investigate the claim.

Erie County District Attorney Public Information Officer Kait Munro confirmed the district attorney’s office is investigating the claim, but was unable to provide additional information at this time.

Ruffino said if he filled up his tank at a local gas station, the reimbursement check would have been more. The gas rate at the pump for official vehicles is currently $1.29 a gallon, cheaper than the gas at local gas stations.

“If I didn’t get the gas there, I’d get it at a gas station,” Ruffino said. “If I fill up at a gas station, it makes no difference to me, but then I’m going to claim for more money because it’s not town gas… By doing that, I’m getting less money paid to me for gas mileage.”

Ruffino said he does not have a town vehicle, and uses his personal vehicle, paying his own insurance.

“I don’t sit in my office all day,” Ruffino said. “I go to meetings at night, meetings at daytime. I’m traveling all over the place to businesses to be the face of the town.”

Leary said the board specifically does not give the supervisor an official town vehicle.

“If you have to drive somewhere, you can fill out a voucher with your mileage on that,” Leary said. “You don’t have the right to go fill up your car, which is supposed to be only for official vehicles at the school pumps, and list it as a town vehicle. … You should turn your vouchers in like everybody else.”

Leary added that the amount of money involved is not that high, and may not meet the threshold, but that he would like to get the district attorney on the record as to why they are not pursuing this.

“Until the district attorney’s office tells me I’m doing something wrong, I’m going to continue,” Ruffino said.

Leary said he was told the district attorney’s office was not going to pursue the matter at the time, but that the door was not closed.

“The real story here is that this is another ploy by Councilman Leary that is costing the taxpayers valuable dollars, the cost for these officers to look into the investigation and the cost of them having to come to town hall to complete their process, while I’m sure they could have been assigned to a case that would be more useful for the taxpayers,” Ruffino said.

Ruffino stated Monday that he will request a copy of the final analysis from the district attorney’s office and will follow their recommendations.

On Tuesday, Ruffino said he contacted the district attorney’s office and asked if there was anything he needed to be aware of regarding the case. He said the office stated if something was wrong with his actions, Ruffino would have “probably heard something by now.”

Reference: https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...ng-supervisor/

JUST MY OPINION:

Ruffino, Monday, October 19, 2020:

"The real story here is that this is another ploy by Councilman Leary that is costing the taxpayers valuable dollars, the cost for these officers to look into the investigation and the cost of them having to come to town hall to complete their process, while I’m sure they could have been assigned to a case that would be more useful for the taxpayers,” Ruffino said.

Nah, in my opinion this is the real story. On Monday, October 18, Supervisor Ruffino said...

“The [district attorney’s office] came in, and there’s nothing being done that’s wrong,” Ruffino said. “The district attorney’s office cleared me of this matter. There are no issues at all – they kind of laughed at it quite honestly.”
    ...but as I understand the above-referenced October 22, 2020 Lancaster Bee news story, apparently the issue is STILL under investigation, and...

Lancaster Bee, October 22, 2020:
    "Erie County District Attorney Public Information Officer Kait Munro confirmed the district attorney’s office is investigating the claim, but was unable to provide additional information at this time."
    So, what is the current status of the investigation?

Did the DA find that Supervisor Ruffino has done nothing wrong, or is the DA still investigating the matter?

Clarification Please!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 22nd, 2020 at 09:40 AM.

Just My Opinion...

Mike Wozniak is the Democrat candidate for Town Council.

Mr. Wozniak is a former building inspector in the Village of Depew, who claims to have resigned that position to spend more time with his family.

Mr. Wozniak now pursues a position which will demand, in my opinion, even more of his time than his previous position in Depew.

Mr. Wozniak's 2020 campaign commitment comes after the Democrat Party purportedly selected him for his "conservative values," which according to Democrat Vice Chairman Ron Giza, reflect the "same ideology that Ron [Ruffino] wanted."

Click on this attachment from The Lancaster Sun, August 6, 2020:

image - 2020-10-22T121421.561.jpg

Unless Mr. Wozniak states to the contrary, should not the voter assume that Mr. Wozniak favors a pay raise for the Supervisor, the reinstatement of the Budget Officer stipend, and is not concerned about Mr. Ruffino's practices concerning gas mileage and fill-ups?

Also, absent such a statement from Mr. Wozniak, is it not reasonable for the voter to consider the possibility that Mr. Wozniak may have interrupted his family values-based retirement, perhaps under pressure, to pursue the 2020 campaign for Town Council in order to suit the personal "ideological" needs of the Supervisor, rather than champion what many conservatives consider to be genuine "fiscal conservatism?"

Just askin'.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 22nd, 2020 at 12:43 PM.

In reviewing my comment...

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post

Also, absent such a statement from Mr. Wozniak, is it not reasonable for the voter to consider the possibility that Mr. Wozniak may have interrupted his family values-based retirement, perhaps under pressure, to pursue the 2020 campaign for Town Council in order to suit the personal "ideological" needs of the Supervisor, rather than champion what many conservatives consider to be genuine "fiscal conservatism?"

[/B][/SIZE]
    ...I thought this Letter To The Editor appearing in the October 22, 2020 Lancaster Bee from Lancaster Conservative Party Chair Debbie Lemaster may help to guide the Conservative voter, such as myself, with truly conservative fiscal values, in the "right" direction...

Dear Conservative voters

October 22, 2020

Dawn Gaczewski was interviewed, vetted and endorsed by the Erie County Conservative Party as candidate for Town of Lancaster Council member.

Gaczewski lost the Conservative Party primary line to Democratic endorsed candidate Mike Wozniak.

Wozniak, a lifelong Democrat and Democratic Party

Committee member, changed his party affiliation to Conservative prior to winning the June primary. His name appears on the Nov. 3 election ballot line as representing the Conservative Party. Wozniak is NOT our endorsed candidate.

Wozniak did not petition for an interview with the Conservative Party, was not interviewed or vetted by the Conservative Party committee and does not share Conservative Party values.

Our Erie County Conservative Party is asking for your help. Please protect our Conservative values by voting for Dawn Gaczewski on the REPUBLICAN line on Election Day.

Deborah Lemaster
    Schwartz Road
    Lancaster
    Reference: https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...vative-voters/

Oh No ... do we have to deal with her again. the Queen wants he Job back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanc View Post
    Oh No ... do we have to deal with her again. the Queen wants he Job back.
    The Queen is a high card; we are currently dealing with a Joker.

Or, perhaps are you referring to this currently reigning monarch who wanted her job back after her Clarence gig, and found a second paradise in Lancaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

Budget Director Pamela Cuviello:...

If the latter is the case, and...

"... We are all in this together”.

...perhaps the people in Lancaster will understand what the people of Clarence endured, eh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 22nd, 2020 at 03:43 PM.

i remember the movie, everyone remembers the movie... poor Ralph gets the snot knocked out of him again by the bully that you portray as a message to everyone who scans your posts... Is that the message you really want to send, that you are a bully... i don't think so, but you could start by choosing a more suitable opening picture and statement...unless you really are???

To Whom It May Concern,

I am just responding to newspaper stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Wehner View Post
    ...by the bully that you portray as a message to everyone who scans your posts...
    Sounds like you have been consulting someone before posting your pathetic garbage, eh?

Perhaps I am hitting a nerve with certain people?

Maybe certain people should focus more on their job(s) than engaging social media?

i remember the movie, everyone remembers the movie... poor Ralph gets the snot knocked out of him again by the bully that you portray as a message to everyone who scans your posts... Is that the message you really want to send, that you are a bully... i don't think so, but you could start by choosing a more suitable opening picture and statement...unless you really are???
    BTW, it was not a movie; it was an episode of "The Honeymooners," entitled "The Bensonhurst Bomber," just sayin'.

Such an accusation from the author of the indecipherable written vomit illustrated above, whose credibility had been previously addressed?

I know very little about Mr. Sugg other than what I read here or in the BN. My only contact with him was when he paid a visit to my home with petition in hand. He wanted on the ballot for village trustee. Not ever meeting him before, I asked him what political party he was affiliated with. He told me the local village party. I asked again what? Is your party affiliation. He refused to answer..I did not sign his petition. First impressions mean a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I find that hard to believe. Russ is always upfront.
    https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...state+assembly

So Mike, you obviously live in the Village of Lancaster as you were asked to sign Sugg's petition in 2013, that allowed him to get enough petitions and have his name on the ballot as running for Village of Lancaster Trustee.

Now you must know that the Villages of Depew and Lancaster base their elections on local party names, not the names of major parties (like DEMS & REP). On his petition it was so stated that he was running on the Integrity of Choice Party -as was one other candidate. So are you saying that the man's qualifications and integrity weren't good enough for you to sign the petition, that is was major party affiliation that influenced your choice and where you did not sign the petition? That's sad, Mike; sad because the other information was irrelevant.

And, Mike, are you sure you did not sign the petition because that can easily be ascertained.
    Cmon Lee open your eyes....an R is a R....a D is a D....local party names are just wolves in sheeps clothing....as far as my refusing to sign a petition, I believe I did indeed not sign... But by all means have at it.
    Mike, in your initial post you initially state without reservation that you did not sign Sugg’s petition. In your most recent post you write: “as far as my refusing to sign a petition, I believe I did indeed not sign... But by all means have at it.”

Well, I did have at it Mike and I now have a copy of the petition you and your wife signed on January 20, 2013 for Russell W. Sugg. The petition clearly spelled out that Russell Sugg and Edward M. Marki were seeking Trustee positions as candidates of the Village of Lancaster Integrity of Choice Party.

Cansdale, Obrien and Robinson filed petitions that identified them as Citizens Party members, not Republicans. He identified his party correctly for the purposes of the petition.

You either sign a petition or you don't. Well, despite denying you signed Sugg’s petition,, you did and I can’t understand why you chose to publish the demeaning post you did to undermine Sugg’s credibility when in fact it was you who are being disingenuous.

What possessed you to post this ****, Mike?
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Your credibility is now shot! I am not surprised, but to make a statement like this tells me someone put you up to this. Why would you attack a very nice person like this is beyond disingenuous.
    WOW, great job Lee.

How does the petition signing work in the village with their phony named parties? As in elections outside of villages, as a registered democrat, a Republican wouldn't come to me to sign a petition to run. Did Mike have to be an Integrity of Choice party member to sign Mr Sugg's petition?
    Bully, nah.

If I wanted to be a bully, I would post something like this....

image - 2020-10-22T181249.338.jpg
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 22nd, 2020 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    FYI...

Reference: https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...ng-supervisor/

JUST MY OPINION:

Ruffino, Monday, October 19, 2020:

Nah, in my opinion this is the real story. On Monday, October 18, Supervisor Ruffino said...

...but as I understand the above-referenced October 22, 2020 Lancaster Bee news story, apparently the issue is STILL under investigation, and...

Lancaster Bee, October 22, 2020:

So, what is the current status of the investigation?

Did the DA find that Supervisor Ruffino has done nothing wrong, or is the DA still investigating the matter?

Clarification Please!
    The Lancaster Sun's October 22, 2020 edition seems to confirm that the investigation into Supervisor Ruffino's gas usage is ongoing...

Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by mark blazejewski:
    The Queen is a high card; we are currently dealing with a Joker.
    Like this depiction of the first couple - Schroeder/Gaczewski from a local Facebook page

Georgia L Schlager

I do enjoy political satire and always hope to apply some light-heartedness to politics.

With that said, should I assume that you have never supported a political figure before you opposed that exact same political figure Gorja?

image - 2020-10-23T210205.251.jpg

Should I assume that you never opposed a political figure before you supported that same political figure Gorja?

image - 2020-10-23T210947.271.jpg

This is a curious comment from a Ruffino supporter...

The Giza campaign must think all the taxpayers suffer from short term memory loss. The 2012 budget and slight tax decrease is just an "election year budget" as Mr Hangauer stated. The Giza-crats stuck the taxpayers with a double digit tax increase in the 2011 budget.

Do the Giza-crats think that we would forget that?

The "election year police facilty construction" that laid on the back burner for 8 years with the Giza-crats wasting more than $3 million of taxpayer money on the Colecraft Fiasco. In 2003, it was politically motivated spending as it is in 2011.

The uncontrolled growth approved by the Giza-crats with not enough sewer capacity, poor infrastructure, low water pressure. The Giza-crats are never proactive just reactive.

The negotiating of the white collar union contracts, in which the elected officials receive the same benefits. Giza never found a stipend, he didn't liken.

Do the Giza-crats think we would forget about that?

Then there is the airport with their 3 IDA's, nonpayment of taxes and our Giza-crats over the years approving the airports expansion of more than 25% of a nonconforming use property without a public hearing.

Do the Giza-crats think we will forget about that?

At times, I have small bouts of senility like forgetting where I put my keys or glasses, but I'll never forget the sorry record of this administration.
    "I'll never forget the sorry record of this administration."

Hmm, do you still stand by those words Gorja, especially in light of the membership of the current Lancaster Town Democrat leadership and the current occupant of the Supervisor's chair?

I am specifically referring to Chairman McCracken and Vice Chairman Giza; the joint leadership that gave us Supervisor Ruffino and now want to straddle us with Mr. Wozniak?

Giza-crats, eh Gorja?

Would those Giza-crats be the members of the Town Council of 2011 Gorja?

Would those Giza-crats include the 2011 Lancaster Town Democrat Leadership Gorja?

Who were the Giza-crats who comprised the 2011 Lancaster Town Democrat Committee leadership Gorja?

Who were the Giza-crats present on that 2011 Town Council Gorja?

Were not those players not Bob Giza, John Abraham, Donna Stempniak, and the Dancing Supervisor-To-Be Ron Ruffino Gorja?

Karma's a *****, eh Gorja?

Reference: https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...ight=giza+2011

L M A O !
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 23rd, 2020 at 09:46 PM.

Almost a decade ago and a lot has changed in the voting and the conservative practices in attempting to save money and not overspend.

There never would have been an issue with Fudoli if he had not stopped paying his property taxes. That was my issue with him in changing course.
    I know, some people thought it was okay but I just wasn't one of them. Then, he was an adamant Redskin supporter.

Georgia L Schlager

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information