Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grump, Here's a Very Nice Thing Brian Kulpa Accomplished for Amerist

grump, Here's a Very Nice Thing Brian Kulpa Accomplished for Amerist

grump, Brian Kulpa even took on the Billionaire Class and WON!

You have to give him credit for that.

Buffalo News...

Amherst opens weekly pop-up market at former gas station site
    Amherst opens weekly pop-up market at former gas station site | Local News | buffalonews.com

Stephen T. Watson Jan 30, 2021

The Town of Amherst is bringing activity back to a long-vacant former site of a gas station in Eggertsville.

A pop-up market will operate each Saturday in February at what is now Gateway Park, at Niagara Falls Boulevard and Kenmore Avenue.

The "Market at Gateway Park" offers a rotating group of local businesses, vendors and food trucks, including: Cheesy Chick Café, KCafe Asian Fusion food truck, Fat Bob's Smokehouse food truck, Kornerstone Coffee, M&M Spicy Pickles and Hanzlian’s Sausage.

There's room for additional vendors and interested businesses are invited to call 716-631-7032. The town is waiving vendor fees for the market.

The outdoor market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and all vendors and customers are required to wear masks and practice social distancing. A town tent will provide reusable bags, hand sanitizer and further details on its plans for the property.

The park is made up of two parcels, one purchased by the town and one acquired through eminent domain following a bitter standoff with the New York City billionaire who owned the former gas station property.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    grump, Brian Kulpa even took on the Billionaire Class and WON!

You have to give him credit for that.

Buffalo News...

Amherst opens weekly pop-up market at former gas station site
    Amherst opens weekly pop-up market at former gas station site | Local News | buffalonews.com

Stephen T. Watson Jan 30, 2021

The Town of Amherst is bringing activity back to a long-vacant former site of a gas station in Eggertsville.

A pop-up market will operate each Saturday in February at what is now Gateway Park, at Niagara Falls Boulevard and Kenmore Avenue.

The "Market at Gateway Park" offers a rotating group of local businesses, vendors and food trucks, including: Cheesy Chick Café, KCafe Asian Fusion food truck, Fat Bob's Smokehouse food truck, Kornerstone Coffee, M&M Spicy Pickles and Hanzlian’s Sausage.

There's room for additional vendors and interested businesses are invited to call 716-631-7032. The town is waiving vendor fees for the market.

The outdoor market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and all vendors and customers are required to wear masks and practice social distancing. A town tent will provide reusable bags, hand sanitizer and further details on its plans for the property.

The park is made up of two parcels, one purchased by the town and one acquired through eminent domain following a bitter standoff with the New York City billionaire who owned the former gas station property.
    Desperate for something good to say about KULPA..??

"A town tent will provide reusable bags, hand sanitizer and further details on its plans for the property."
    Provide or sell? Provide implies "free" which is a waste of tax payer money
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    Yup, posting a bit more positive stuff, just something nice!

Of course I think Brian is doing a good job, just saying.

He’s an absolute disaster. Record tax hikes year after year, turning town hall into Poloncarz’ outhouse, giving massive assessment breaks to billionaire out of state developers, taking a piece of developable property that was paying taxes to the town into a “park”, the maintenance costs of which, of course, fall on the taxpayers, trading much of the town’s recreational land for a contaminated brownfield,the cleanup cost, for which will then fall on the taxpayers, further bailing out the out if state developer who bought a pig in a poke known as Blvd. Mall by making town taxpayers pay to build roads through the property so the billionaire can try to build one the idiot “walkable” village centers that will fail here as sure as the fact that the walking dead cheated his way through Syracuse University Law School, supporting the extension of the job destroying, business killing, monumental failure that is called a metro rail system...for starters. Just sayin’.

Poor simple Breezy. You are aware, of course, that this nice new park has almost no available parking and sits right at the corner of an incredibly busy intersection that is the meeting place of 3 different municipalities with loads of truck and bus traffic on an hourly basis. A smart supervisor would’ve worked with the owner to try to develop a commercial use that would’ve fit the site and the area and kept the property on the tax rolls. Not Kulpa, he’s on record as saying that the town can’t have enough parks, a statement that, on its face, is nonsense. And the taxpayers will be left to pay to pick up trash. And while I’m thinking of it in addition to posting a 13% tax hike in town taxes this year, Kulpa had to borrow money to pay operating costs for the town. I can assure you that that’s a sign of management incompetence and a looming financial nightmare.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    And while I’m thinking of it in addition to posting a 13% tax hike in town taxes this year
    Isn't that something, 13%? You know not every home owner makes 6 figures and many are probably living on retirement. Let's say you were paying $3500 in taxes. Tack on 13% means you are paying roughly $455 more. Correct? $38 more a month. People switch cable packages over a $10 monthly increase. I'm pretty sure everyone are receiving the same services after the increase.

$3500.00 in taxes??? I wish...That "phenomenal" idea one of his fans bring up...IS I AGREE...IDIOTIC location..He could of called on his buddy..the new owner of the Blvd Mall and asked for a gratuity in return...utilizing some of the desolate parking lot for his heralded "POP UP MARKET"!

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Isn't that something, 13%? You know not every home owner makes 6 figures and many are probably living on retirement. Let's say you were paying $3500 in taxes. Tack on 13% means you are paying roughly $455 more. Correct? $38 more a month. People switch cable packages over a $10 monthly increase. I'm pretty sure everyone are receiving the same services after the increase.
    It took me about 30 seconds to google the tax increase was actually 7.87%, God only knows where grump got his BS number from. 7.87% not too cool anyway, the paper says property owners will pay $124 more for a $230,000 assessment. https://buffalonews.com/news/local/f...0407212d7.html

I give Kulpa credit for cleaning up this eyesore and sticking it to the bum billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    He’s an absolute disaster. Record tax hikes year after year, turning town hall into Poloncarz’ outhouse, giving massive assessment breaks to billionaire out of state developers, taking a piece of developable property that was paying taxes to the town into a “park”, the maintenance costs of which, of course, fall on the taxpayers, trading much of the town’s recreational land for a contaminated brownfield,the cleanup cost, for which will then fall on the taxpayers, further bailing out the out if state developer who bought a pig in a poke known as Blvd. Mall by making town taxpayers pay to build roads through the property so the billionaire can try to build one the idiot “walkable” village centers that will fail here as sure as the fact that the walking dead cheated his way through Syracuse University Law School, supporting the extension of the job destroying, business killing, monumental failure that is called a metro rail system...for starters. Just sayin’.
    Gee, grump, maybe you should run.

I see they don't have a candidate anyway, and they are trying to get some retreads to run, looks like Brian has it. LOL

It would be fun to hear you make those statements at a town board meeting. That would be quite a show!

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    gee, grump, maybe you should run.

I see they don't have a candidate anyway, and they are trying to get some retreads to run, looks like brian has it. Lol

it would be fun to hear you make those statements at a town board meeting. That would be quite a show!

isnt politics great!!?

Poor simple Breezy. As I said quite clearly the town tax was up 13 %...the town tax not the overall tax which includes highway, special districts etc. and the levy for the general town tax was up 13% as it says printed on my tax bill. You’re falling for the old Susan Grelick gimmick touting the overall rate instead of the amount spending went up and the amount of increase that actually has to be collected to pay it. Playing with the rate is easy. Just tell your meat puppet assessor to increase assessments townwide by highly valuing newly added properties, by taking advantage of a booming real estate market to recognize higher values thereby lowering the rate. It’s the oldest game in the book, used regularly by people like Kulpa and Grelick, who love spending other people’s money, to befuddle people like you. That’s why I repeatedly post on this site that the only thing that matters is the levy because that’s what Kulpa needs to pay the bills. And this year even the levy doesn’t tell the full story because Kulpa borrowed to pay operating expenses that normally would be included in the general town tax. To truly reflect the increase, in addition to this year’s levy, the tax bills should include disclosure of the discounted amount necessary to retire the borrowing he pursued to pay weekly salaries.
    Last edited by grump; February 2nd, 2021 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Gee, grump, maybe you should run.

I see they don't have a candidate anyway, and they are trying to get some retreads to run, looks like Brian has it. LOL

It would be fun to hear you make those statements at a town board meeting. That would be quite a show!

Why would I waste my time saying this in front of the town board who did it? Unless you’re saying they don’t understand what they did. Kulpa certainly knew, it’s his budget. As for what the other 4 knew who the hell knows. I will say that when Bucki votes against the budget that says volumes. She’s as confused as the walking dead in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    Poor simple Breezy. Yesterday, which was Saturday, I drove by the “Gateway Park”, open Saturdays in February with some type of vendors market and it was an empty, snow covered lot. Perhaps Kulpa can find some vendors that aren’t invisible. Or maybe it’s all just horsesh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Poor simple Breezy. Yesterday, which was Saturday, I drove by the “Gateway Park”, open Saturdays in February with some type of vendors market and it was an empty, snow covered lot. Perhaps Kulpa can find some vendors that aren’t invisible. Or maybe it’s all just horsesh*t.
    I disagree, grump. I have family near there and I'm in the area a lot. I remember when the deli/gas station was there and it was awful. Anyway, just a little progress and the area looks a lot nice. I'm glad they fixed it up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information