Thread: What type of representation does the group want? - Moved by WNYresident

What type of representation does the group want? - Moved by WNYresident

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

I don't even know how to respond to your comment. How do you form an opinion like that? Just because someone works their ass off to make money you believe they won't associate with people who make less than they do?

I am not saying carl never associates with these people, i am saying he doesn't represent them.

Not all working class folk who aren't in the 'political class' are going to agree with Carl.

If he runs for governor, good for him, but he won't get my vote. Neither will patterson. Actually nobody represents my ideals.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    So then, what is your ideal governor?

So then, what is your ideal governor?
    Ideal governor is a governor that executes the will of the majority, while not trampling the rights of the minority. Plain and simple.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    Ideal governor is a governor that executes the will of the majority, while not trampling the rights of the minority. Plain and simple.
    Even if that drives the state into a wall? What if the majority wants all welfare qualified people to get free college education paid for by non-government ran businesses? just add a 15% education taxes on all NYS businesses. You'd be fine with that even thought it would cause businesses to go to states that didn't place that burden on them?

Even if that drives the state into a wall? What if the majority wants all welfare qualified people to get free college education paid for by non-government ran businesses? just add a 15% education taxes on all NYS businesses. You'd be fine with that even thought it would cause businesses to go to states that didn't place that burden on them?
    "The measures of the fair majority... ought always to be respected." --Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1792. ME 8:397

"Laws made by common consent must not be trampled on by individuals." --Thomas Jefferson to Garret Vanmeter, 1781. ME 4:417, Papers 5:566

Yes, and I think I'm in good company.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Depends on the size of the business.

Let's say a Walmart size business, yes I think a business that is that size should have to pay a tax to help pay for state education. They aren't going to move out of the state because they still would have a huge profit.

I think giving a tax break to Bass Pro is bollox.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Thread Information