Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security?

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation

The Denver Post, on February 15th, ran an Associated Press article entitled Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6b rounds of ammo, so far to little notice. It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As reported elsewhere, some of this purchase order is for hollow-point rounds, forbidden by international law for use in war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America.
    Read the full story in Forbes

Some people see a ominous connection ?

In the last few years Billions have been spent on Americas private "Interior Airstrips" - much of that tax funded monies were earmarked for "Homeland Security" ???????

Small Airports Get Big Subsidies From Travelers' Taxes

The federal government has taken billions of dollars from the taxes and fees paid by airline passengers every time they fly and awarded it to small airports used mainly by private pilots and globe-trotting corporate executives.

Some of these "general aviation" facilities used the federal dollars for enhancements such as longer runways and passenger terminals aimed at luring traffic, an Associated Press review has found. And the money comes with little oversight, and at the expense of an increasingly beleaguered air transportation system.

"They're making out like bandits," said Bob Poole, director of transportation studies at Southern California's Reason Foundation and author of several studies on air transportation costs. "It's not only that airline passengers are paying more than their fair share, but they're being overtaxed to give private jets a free ride."

Passengers pay as many as six separate taxes and fees on a single airline ticket, adding up to more than $104 billion since 1997, the AP found. Yet these assessments often are overlooked by the millions who click the "buy" button to purchase tickets online, even though they can exceed 25% of the total airfare
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Hey Bob, this thread is calling you....

Naaaa. I explained it once.

b.b.

It is NOT a purchase of 1.6 Billion rounds. It is a purchase requisition saying the US government wants to purchase ammo with a cap of UP TO 1.6 Billion rounds. This means they can put in a series of small orders as needed without having to go through the additional contracting (and costs) associated with re-competing and re-awarding a bid to a new contractor required by federal law. It is a mechanism of spending less money and eliminating waste.

Could the IDIQ have a smaller maximum value? Probably. There is no story here.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

The Denver Post, on February 15th, ran an Associated Press article entitled Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6 billion rounds of ammo, so far to little notice. It confirmed that the Department of Homeland Security has issued an open purchase order for 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. As reported elsewhere, some of this purchase order is for hollow-point rounds, forbidden by international law for use in the war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years in America.

This looks like Obama's private Army needs ammo. With his agenda to disarm the evil American public. Why is there no public discussion about this threat to our freedom?
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

OH MY GOD! Not only am I carrying illegal 12 round magazines in my P2000, but they are filled with internationally forbidden hollow point ammunition.

(putz)

b.b.

Your one of "Them" so its OK!

(Arrogant)
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Although people like Bob do not find this thread disturbing, What I find extremely disturbing is why Homeland Security refuses to answer questions by congress as to
    why amount of ammo was procured, in addition to 2,700 APC's

Does anyone else find this a little bit troubling? Is the government trying to cause paranoia because they seem to be doing a good job of it.

GOVERNMENT FUNCTIONS BEST WHEN THEY ARE AFRAID OF THEIR PEOPLE.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    OH MY GOD! Not only am I carrying illegal 12 round magazines in my P2000, but they are filled with internationally forbidden hollow point ammunition.

(putz)

b.b.
    Yeah, I cross the Niagara river into the US all the time at night in my inflatable raft.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Although people like Bob do not find this thread disturbing, What I find extremely disturbing is why Homeland Security refuses to answer questions by congress as to

Does anyone else find this a little bit troubling? Is the government trying to cause paranoia because they seem to be doing a good job of it.

GOVERNMENT FUNCTIONS BEST WHEN THEY ARE AFRAID OF THEIR PEOPLE.
    The 2700 APC's were purchased for The Marines.

The ammunition purchase is an open-ended order for the future. They didn't take delivery of 1.6 Billion rounds.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one is entitled to their own facts.

Does anyone else find this a little bit troubling?
    Yes I do!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post
    The 2700 APC's were purchased for The Marines.

The ammunition purchase is an open-ended order for the future. They didn't take delivery of 1.6 Billion rounds.
    Purchased, requisitioned, ordered,, It is a concern
    I read the APC's were for HSA
    There have been no answers from the department to Congress.

Why are we spending money for that magnitude of munitions???

Purchased, requisitioned, ordered,, It is a concern
    I read the APC's were for HSA
    There have been no answers from the department to Congress.

Why are we spending money for that magnitude of munitions???
    I buy in bulk to save money. So does the government. This ammunition was purchased on contract, to be delivered and used over a long period of time. This is a normal amount of ammunition to purchase for this purpose, and we are saving quite a bit of money by paying for it all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcrime View Post

I buy in bulk to save money. So does the government. This ammunition was purchased on contract, to be delivered and used over a long period of time. This is a normal amount of ammunition to purchase for this purpose, and we are saving quite a bit of money by paying for it all at once.
    Personally I find it deplorable that our government is spending that much on ammunition and hardware for domestic use?! When more and more Americans are receiving public assistance and food stamps. It makes zero sense unless there is a war here that I am missing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information