Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The TS & His Town Engineer

The TS & His Town Engineer

From what I have heard, the new TE has not introduced himself to many of his employees including those that work in the garage right behind his office. More importantly the TS had hired a consultant for his pet projects and when questioned at a recent TB meeting by someone in the audience in how this individual was being paid and from what accounts, a very vague answer was given. Now the TE wants to do the same with a personal friend from outside the area (with the backing of the TS) and when several questions were raised by members of the TB, it was tabled to his dismay. I also heard that he very rarely confides with his employees other than one that was recently hired by the TS. If I am mistaken, please advise.

No, You're not mistaken. Marlette is on to this attempt by the TE to bring on another carpetbagger & brought it out in the open. The woman is a CADD person that the carpetbagger TE previously worked with. Someone should also clue Mr. Heinninger in that the WWTP is under his command too. He has yet to set foot into the plant either! Mohan has been successful in destroying the Engineering Department!

The Consultant

Keep your eye on this situation and the modifications
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

I don't work in engineering but I have met the new TE a few times. I find him to be an utterly charmless individual. No people skills whatsoever. I am not surprised to hear he has not bothered to meet his staff nor to go out to the WWTP.

Did this guy ever buy a house and move his family here? Or is he hedging his bets.

I keep asking myself why any self-respecting person would voluntarily take a job as TE under the current conditions in Engineering? What's the rest of the story?

If any TB member reads these posts maybe they should begin asking some questions that may make them realize whether this individual should continue in this position. For too long, this department has been left with poor management in what is a vital service to the community with a very substantial budget. The most telling concern is the continuing meddling the TS does w/o any care for the outcome (or is it that he is clueless as some State & Federal officials have found).

Supposedly this guy is a CPM (certified professional manager). I have had the opportunity to take several management courses in and out of acedemia, and none have suggested that I don't introduce myself to the people I am supposed to manage.

I am the BOSS!!

Quote Originally Posted by left wing View Post
    I don't work in engineering but I have met the new TE a few times. I find him to be an utterly charmless individual. No people skills whatsoever. I am not surprised to hear he has not bothered to meet his staff nor to go out to the WWTP.

Did this guy ever buy a house and move his family here? Or is he hedging his bets.
    GREAT..ANOTHER PERSON OF AUTHORITY...with no people skills...no wonder he was chosen by the TS....your people/EMPLOYEES will make or break you...that part PROBABLY wasnt in that textbook in college! WONDER HOW LONG HE'LL LAST?

His appointment is until 12/31/2009. Let's hope he doesn't get another 2year term after this!

Quote Originally Posted by forreason View Post
    If any TB member reads these posts maybe they should begin asking some questions that may make them realize whether this individual should continue in this position. For too long, this department has been left with poor management in what is a vital service to the community with a very substantial budget. The most telling concern is the continuing meddling the TS does w/o any care for the outcome (or is it that he is clueless as some State & Federal officials have found).
    They do read the posts. Believe me there are a couple that already have his number

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Supposedly this guy is a CPM (certified professional manager). I have had the opportunity to take several management courses in and out of acedemia, and none have suggested that I don't introduce myself to the people I am supposed to manage.
    Having never heard of this CPM designation, I thought I'd google it. I found no reference to any certification -academic or professional- issued in the US, only some in the UK and others in Malaysia.
    Is a CPM some sort of a big deal with specific entitlements or is it something I can mail away for and then get to marry people?

Just asking ---

Quote Originally Posted by absolivious View Post
    Having never heard of this CPM designation, I thought I'd google it. I found no reference to any certification -academic or professional- issued in the US, only some in the UK and others in Malaysia.
    Is a CPM some sort of a big deal with specific entitlements or is it something I can mail away for and then get to marry people?

Just asking ---
    Sorry, wrong letters. Should have been PMP (project management professional). My guess is with that & a buck, it might get you a cup of coffee. How impressed are we??

East of Millersport and now on Facebook at facebook.com/absolivious
    Wow, it even has a Wikipedia citation; now that IS impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by absolivious View Post
    Wow, it even has a Wikipedia citation; now that IS impressive.
    Book Smart is one thing...now, can he multitask to apply it to the job, coupled with people skill. I hope Doc wasn't his Professor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Sorry, wrong letters. Should have been PMP (project management professional). My guess is with that & a buck, it might get you a cup of coffee. How impressed are we??
    Gan, $1.47 for a medium @ Timmes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information