Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some of Carls Views - started by WNYresdient

Some of Carls Views - started by WNYresdient

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    3 things you disagree with about Carl, I would like to know. If he decides to run I will help give him as much expose as I can.
    1) health care, even though I disagree with the bill up for vote right now because it's not progressive. So i guess that is two in one, because I disagree with him when he calls the the bill is progressive.

2) His free market stance, the free market and reganomics have destroyed this country.

3) The fact that he claims to represent the working class people he doesn't. I not only disagree with that but am insulted by it.

I think if you agree and support him than you should do whatever you can to show your support. I however do not support him and think it's annoying he claims to represent the working class when I doubt he even speaks to people who make less than 100 grand on a regular basis.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    1) will carl as governor vote on the health care plan? Yes or No?

2) The free Market is what built this country. Carl as governor will not be handling "macro economics" of the USA.

3) Yes he does. The Non-government worker/business owner. How can you claim he doesn't? What have you seen him do personally to confirm your statement?

I however do not support him and think it's annoying he claims to represent the working class when I doubt he even speaks to people who make less than 100 grand on a regular basis.
    I don't even know how to respond to your comment. How do you form an opinion like that? Just because someone works their ass off to make money you believe they won't associate with people who make less than they do?

1) will carl as governor vote on the health care plan? Yes or No?

2) The free Market is what built this country. Carl as governor will not be handling "macro economics" of the USA.
    To a point. The Free Market has also done some of the greatest damage to our nation as well:

* Child labor
    * Slavery
    * Destruction of the environment

Completely free market does nothing but consume, in the name of profit. We have always tempered the market, since the beginning of our nation. In fact, Denmark, the fathers of capitalism realized very soon that the free market needs regulation in order to build trust in it, and therefore created and mandated the "Double Entry Bookkeeping" system.

3) Yes he does. The Non-government worker/business owner. How can you claim he doesn't? What have you seen him do personally to confirm your statement?
    I am a non-government worker/and business owner. I do not want profit being the motive in health care. And, the current bill, at least attempts to correct that.

I'm sick of paying $800/month in insurance, and then still not really knowing if I'll be dropped because some bean counter thinks I'm too "high-risk".

I don't even know how to respond to your comment. How do you form an opinion like that? Just because someone works their ass off to make money you believe they won't associate with people who make less than they do?
    Paladino hardly "works his ass off"... Do you really think a property developer has the best interests of the people at heart? No, developers are more or less "property flippers" with a nice title.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    To a point. The Free Market has also done some of the greatest damage to our nation as well:

* Child labor
    * Slavery
    * Destruction of the environment

Completely free market does nothing but consume, in the name of profit. We have always tempered the market, since the beginning of our nation. In fact, Denmark, the fathers of capitalism realized very soon that the free market needs regulation in order to build trust in it, and therefore created and mandated the "Double Entry Bookkeeping" system.
    What does this have to do with Carl being our next governor of NYS?

We now have Osha, I don't believe slavery is allowed in NYS and child labor laws.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I am a non-government worker/and business owner. I do not want profit being the motive in health care. And, the current bill, at least attempts to correct that.

I'm sick of paying $800/month in insurance, and then still not really knowing if I'll be dropped because some bean counter thinks I'm too "high-risk".

HE won't be voting on the health care bill.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Paladino hardly "works his ass off"... Do you really think a property developer has the best interests of the people at heart? No, developers are more or less "property flippers" with a nice title.
    No one hands people their business they run. If your a business owner you might get to the point of being able to take it easy after a awhile but it's not handed to you for the most part. Over the years I have heard people tell me "Your lucky you own a business".. LUCK has nothing to do with it unless your born into a successful family business. But then again I have seen parents try to get their kids into their business and it doesn't work out.

That's because they're handed the business. They won't take care of it as if they started it up.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco View Post
    That's because they're handed the business. They won't take care of it as if they started it up.

For the most part yep.

We now have Osha, I don't believe slavery is allowed in NYS and child labor laws.

HE won't be voting on the health care bill.
    WNYRes, please keep up with the conversation. I was replying to your questions...

If you can't keep up with the conversation, well, it's considered bad form to become involved in it.

He (Carl) was speaking out on how "workers" don't want health care reform, and speaking (presumptuously) on their behalf.

It is evident he does not have the "working class" interest at heart.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Slavery was a government program, not a market phenomenon.

We haven't had a free market since about 1917.

We still have child labor and forced child labor as well.

Three strikes and you're out.

Quote Originally Posted by NBuffaloResident View Post
    He (Carl) was speaking out on how "workers" don't want health care reform, and speaking (presumptuously) on their behalf.
    Are you sure this is the case?

My view of reform might be drastically different than yours. I'm sure he'd agree reform is needed, just not the way it's currently being proposed.

On behalf of the working men and women of Western New York, we warn you that the tax, social and business burdens of the democrat sponsored Health Care Bill in its present form, are overwhelmingly at odds with the best interests of the people you represent.
    Key phrase, "in its present form."
    Last edited by ryan; March 6th, 2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Update
    Someone who can't balance a budget probably shouldn't be in a position to spend someone else's money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    a government program, not a market phenomenon.
    There's a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ostrowski View Post
    Slavery was a government program, not a market phenomenon.
    Ummm ... Only in the alternative universe that you inhabit, Ostrowski ... the one where up is down and down is up.

That's it?

The market is the sum total of all voluntary economic transactions among the 6.8 billion people on the planet.

Slavery is not voluntary. In the US, slavery was given legal protection by the government. Slavery was just another failed government program.

zzzz...you're better than Tylenol PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information