Thread: Frank Todaro, Republican Conservative Candidate For 8th District County Legislature

Frank Todaro, Republican Conservative Candidate For 8th District County Legislature

Throughout his political career, when defending his free-market ideals, John Kennedy oft-times would quote the slogan of the New England Council "A rising tide lifts all boats."

Here in Western New York, perhaps no singular person's works and ideals, more better exemplifies that idiom than those of Frank Todaro.

Starting in his family's business, Queen City Collision in 1997, Frank amassed the vocational, business, managerial, and executive skills which enabled him to transform that rather modest business into what is today "Collision Masters," an auto-body and repair business with two locations. Collision Masters, a $ 4 million dollar business, employs a work force of thirty-two and services over 2,500 cars annually.

As Frank grew in business success, so too did he rise in the world of community and civic commitment.

To be sure, Frank has received the public accolades of business success, most notably being listed in Buffalo Business Firsts' "40 Under Forty."

In the world of civic fraternity, Frank serves his community as a member of the BOCES 1 Advisory Board, the Good Government Club of WNY, and as a Twin District Volunteer Firefighter; truly an exemplary record of community service.

However, it was within the scope of his successful auto-body repair business, that Frank was summoned to truly and faithfully pursue the better angels of humanity.

It was at Collision Masters, that Frank developed a passionate value for the wonders of youth. With a personal dedication to harness adolescent energies and to develop fledgling skills, Frank chose to enable our community's young people by establishing a BOCES-affiliated apprenticeship program to train tomorrow's skilled workers. In that role, Frank may be considered to be an educator and mentor.

It was also at Collision Masters, on a day which may have otherwise permanently stained the soul of our community, that Frank saw, confronted, and defeated the ugliness of racism.

Delivered to Collision Masters was a silver truck, spray painted in red with the most horrible of racial slurs. Frank, promptly cast aside profit and priority, and immediately enlisted all of Collison Masters' assets, to promptly expunge the repugnant stain, not only from the truck, but from the collective community that he loves so much.

It would not be an overstatement to say, that in confronting that single incident of darkness, Frank, as if infused with the combined strengths and purposes of the Archangels Michael and Chamuel, righteously dispatched the evil of racism from our community's soul, and restored to its heart, the celebration of peace, brotherhood, and healing.

In recognition of its efforts, Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown proclaimed from Collision Masters, "Neighbors Standing Together Day," and styled Frank as one who "has always strived to give back to our community."

When Frank was selected as a "40 Under Forty" honoree in 2018, bi-partisan praise and congratulations came from Erie County Hall, the New York State Assembly, the New York State Senate, and the white marble steps of the United States Capitol.

But the most notable praise came from New York State Senator, Democrat Tim Kennedy. Senator Kennedy's praise came in the form of a challenge to Frank with these words:

"With this recognition, I hope that you'll take a moment to consider what more you can do for your community."

Having so considered, Frank has decided, without regard to personal profit and interest, that he can best meet the Kennedy challenge by entering a campaign for Erie County Legislator from the 8th Legislative District.

Frank brings to this 2019 campaign, and will deliver to County Hall next January, a unique blend of business experience, managerial skills, civic awareness, mentoring, and a deep and abiding passion to embrace and lift all members of our entire Erie County family.

An entrepreneur, manager, educator, civic leader, and healer, that is Frank Todaro.

While it remains true that "A rising tide lifts all boats," in a day present with harsh tone, racial and gender tensions, and sharp political division, IMHO, it is not an exaggeration to suggest that Frank Todaro brings to our community, his own special skill set of soothing outreach which also will "calm the stormy sea."

IMG_2699.jpg
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 1st, 2019 at 04:11 PM.

What a nice write-up Mark. Will you be donating your writing skills to the democrats, as well?

He also donated a $10,000 frame machine to the Ormsby Education center's BOCES program

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    What a nice write-up Mark. Will you be donating your writing skills to the democrats, as well?

He also donated a $10,000 frame machine to the Ormsby Education center's BOCES program
    I am very enthusiastic about Diane Terranova, who is a Democrat. Ergo, if asked, I would be more than happy to assist her in this campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I am very enthusiastic about Diane Terranova, who is a Democrat. Ergo, if asked, I would be more than happy to assist her in this campaign.
    You know, I meant the candidates endorsed by the Democrats not the Democrat endorsed by the Republicans.

Georgia L Schlager

You know, I meant the candidates endorsed by the Democrats not the Democrat endorsed by the Republicans.
    Well, I have endorsed five of six candidates already, so that forecloses those elective possibilities.

But, who knows Gorja? I'll keep an open mind regarding the sixth office, for which I remain at this point in time, neutral.

I have known Frank for about 25 years. He'll be an excellent legislator if elected. I was hoping he'd run for town council or supervisor. Probably could use some experience before going for supervisor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    He'll be an excellent legislator if elected.
    Thank you Neubs!

Quote Originally Posted by Neubs24 View Post
    I have known Frank for about 25 years. He'll be an excellent legislator if elected. I was hoping he'd run for town council or supervisor. Probably could use some experience before going for supervisor though.
    Thanks Neubs. I really appreciate someone putting out positive information about someone not because you're pushing the
    Lancaster Republican agenda but because you care about the community.

Georgia L Schlager

Thanks Neubs. I really appreciate someone putting out positive information about someone not because you're pushing the
    Lancaster Republican agenda but because you care about the community.
    Gorja, deny if you will, but since I am the only one, to the best of my knowledge, that has written anything significantly positive about Mr. Todaro, I assume that your comments are directed at me.

Unasked, I respond that your words are presumptive and unduly prerogative, and are as subtle as a tarantula walking across a wedding cake.

As a "Blank" voter, I am generally pushing the Lancaster Republican agenda, because that agenda is not a Republican Party agenda, not a Democrat Party agenda, but an agenda that puts the interests and concerns of the people of Lancaster first agenda.

Capeesh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 9th, 2019 at 08:57 PM.

Gorja, deny if you will, but since I am the only one, to the best of my knowledge, that has written anything significantly positive about Mr. Todaro, I assume that your comments are directed at me.

Unasked, I respond that your words are presumptive and unduly prerogative, and are as subtle as a tarantula walking across a wedding cake.

As a "Blank" voter, I am generally pushing the Lancaster Republican agenda, because that agenda is not a Republican Party agenda, not a Democrat Party agenda, but an agenda that puts the interests and concerns of the people of Lancaster first agenda.

Capeesh?
    Which is what the Republican agenda IS! PEOPLE OVER GOVERNMENT!
    The above is opinion & commentary, I am exercising my 1st Amendment rights as a US citizen. Posts are NOT made with any malicious intent.

Capeesh?
    Never met the man, but I have heard a lot of positive things about Mr. Todaro that go back to two years ago when he was being considered as a Republican candidate for Lancaster Town Board – but unfortunately did not get endorsed.

I am disappointed that he is now endorsed for the Erie County Legislator position and not for a position on the Lancaster Town Board where (IMHO) his chance for victory would have been a lot better and where our community would have been better served.

The Republicans and Conservatives have their hands full in getting Cheektowaga to vote Republican. However, Todaro is not Ted Morton and that's a good thing; but then again, neither is John Bruso.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    I am disappointed that he is now endorsed for the Erie County Legislator position and not for a position on the Lancaster Town Board where (IMHO) his chance for victory would have been a lot better and where our community would have been better served.
    The Republican candidates for Lancaster Town Council are two highly qualified, community-motivated men, who will bring their own strong and diverse skill sets to the 2019 campaign, and to the Council next January.

Mr. Stutz, a newcomer to politics, is a very giving resident, committed to community service, and in his "2020 Vision For Lancaster," has demonstrated an impressive ability to identify the prioritized needs and concerns of Lancaster.

Bob Leary is just simply "Mr. Resume."

Mr. Todaro certainly has a very strong sense of community commitment, which in the past, he functionally applied to lift our entire WNY community.

Therefore, I would argue that his service on the more broader county level would actually be even more appropriate, and would well serve not only the people of Lancaster, Cheektowaga, and Alden, but Erie County as a whole.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 12th, 2019 at 08:50 AM.

Thread Information