Page 58 of 274 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    It's probably true, If there was a POTUS I had more respect for, I'd probably be more open to the misdealings of the Left
    I too would have more respect for ex-POTUS Obama had he come out and displayed any outrage of Weinstein's sleazy behavior; but then again how can he or Michelle do so considering Harvey's campaign financing and Michelle's ringing testimony of the family's values.

As for Hillary being shocked and appalled and not aware of Harvey's depravity, now that's funny. The great protector of women rights having been involved with Bill's sexcapades, Weiner's wiener and now Weinstein leads to whether she should be considered naïve or an enabler of such conduct.

The Left is already trying to damage control by comparing this to Trumps despicable escapades. Two wrongs don't make a right. Own it boys. Hollywood, the media and politicos on the Left have know about this for 20 years and covered it up. The same self-righteous, sanctimonious bunch that would dare judge others while hiding their transgressions.

Now that Harvey has been rendered powerless they are all coming out of the woodwork willing to throw him under the bus.

Just released:

President Obama has added his name to the list of famous people who are disgusted by the stories that have surfaced about Harvey Weinstein.
    The former Prez just said, "Michelle and I have been disgusted by the recent reports about Harvey Weinstein. Any man who demeans and degrades women in such a fashion needs to be condemned and held accountable, regardless of wealth or status."

Obama went on ... "We should celebrate the courage of women who have come forward to tell these painful stories. And we all need to build a culture -- including by empowering our girls and teaching our boys decency and respect -- so we can make such behavior less prevalent in the future."

YAWN!

Why does that get a yawn when Mark posted that he'd like to see this very thing??

Also, the same people defending, making excuses for and voted for Trump are projecting so much fake outrage about this because it's someone on the left. He isn't an elected official, he's just some bozo that donated money. Give me a break.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

This Weistein diversion comes at a convenient time; it is taking the critical eye off the ball. That is why I used the term "diversion."

Foreign policy: North Korea and Iran are obvious.

BUT, more alarming: The Las Vegas issue. I have not seen such an inconsistent, contradictory, incomplete narrative, quickly spun as a simplistic "nothing to really see here, move along" conclusion since 1963.

I was a dumb-ass eight-year-old when I saw Ruby shoot Oswald "live," and even I knew that someone does not walk into a police station, crowded with seventy-five Dallas PD Officers, Dallas County Sheriffs, Texas Rangers, FBI, Secret Service, and God only knows who else, and freely shoot a guarded person. Someone shot Oswald to shut him up, was my initial thought.

I feel the exact same way about the Vegas shootings. Too much unexplained, unaddressed information, conveniently overlooked and/or ignored, apparently in the interests of a "calming" pronouncement.

I'm not conspiratorial, but just common-sense reactive. Again, that is why I call this Weinstein thing a "diversion."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 11th, 2017 at 07:34 AM.

Why does that get a yawn when Mark posted that he'd like to see this very thing??

Also, the same people defending, making excuses for and voted for Trump are projecting so much fake outrage about this because it's someone on the left. He isn't an elected official, he's just some bozo that donated money. Give me a break.
    And they took that money and looked the other way knowing he was a sleaze bozo!

Quote Originally Posted by lee chowaniec View Post
    and they took that money and looked the other way knowing he was a sleaze bozo!
    l know its tempting. I really do love it. I so ashamed.

LMAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    This Weistein diversion comes at a convenient time; it is taking the critical eye off the ball. That is why I used the term "diversion."

Foreign policy: North Korea and Iran are obvious.

BUT, more alarming: The Las Vegas issue. I have not seen such an inconsistent, contradictory, incomplete narrative, quickly spun as a simplistic "nothing to really see here, move along" conclusion since 1963.

I was a dumb-ass eight-year-old when I saw Ruby shoot Oswald "live," and even I knew that someone does not walk into a police station, crowded with seventy-five Dallas PD Officers, Dallas County Sheriffs, Texas Rangers, FBI, Secret Service, and God only knows who else, and freely shoot a guarded person. Someone shot Oswald to shut him up, was my initial thought.

I feel the exact same way about the Vegas shootings. Too much unexplained, unaddressed information, conveniently overlooked and/or ignored, apparently in the interests of a "calming" pronouncement.

I'm not conspiratorial, but just common-sense reactive. Again, that is why I call this Weinstein thing a "diversion."
    I beginning to think the concert that got shot up wasn't the originally intended target. The guy had enough stuff to outfit multiple shooters and now we find out a security guard interrupted him doing some kind of drilling in his room. I'm thinking that after the guard he decided he had to go then and not wait for the intended time/target
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I beginning to think the concert that got shot up wasn't the originally intended target. The guy had enough stuff to outfit multiple shooters and now we find out a security guard interrupted him doing some kind of drilling in his room. I'm thinking that after the guard he decided he had to go then and not wait for the intended time/target
    Sharky,

The problem with contemporary America is that everyone who thinks critically, let alone out of the box, is a conspiracy nut.

Moreover, there are crazies that advance truly insane theories, that discredit the truly credible scenarios and attendant motives. Suffice it to say, I had relatives there. Much more to it, from what I hear.

If all such critical thinkers are so nuts, explain what has happened to America. There has been, and continues to be, more social, cultural, and political change in my life, ESPECIALLY in the last twenty-five years, than there was in my entire grandfather's life. He seen transportation go from the horse and buggy to walking on the Moon.

(As I am writing this, breaking news on Fox: the Boy Scouts will now accept females into every aspect of Scouting. See what I mean?)

This is truly a "weird" time in history.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 11th, 2017 at 01:33 PM.

Sharky,

The problem with contemporary America is that everyone who thinks critically, let alone out of the box, is a conspiracy nut.

Moreover, there are crazies that advance truly insane theories, that discredit the truly credible scenarios and attendant motives. Suffice it to say, I had relatives there. Much more to it, from what I hear.

If all such critical thinkers are so nuts, explain what has happened to America. There has been, and continues to be, more social, cultural, and political change in my life, ESPECIALLY in the last twenty-five years, than there was in my entire grandfather's life. He seen transportation go from the horse and buggy to walking on the Moon.

(As I am writing this, breaking news on Fox: the Boy Scouts will now accept females into every aspect of Scouting. See what I mean?)

This is truly a "weird" time in history.
    It's a terrible time in history and only in America is History so easily removed from sight so as not offend the over abundance of special interest groups
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

It's a terrible time in history and only in America is History so easily removed from sight so as not offend the over abundance of special interest groups
    Exactly.

In the world of cold history, Lincoln exists with Booth; Kennedy lives with Oswald; MLK exists with Ray. They are separately honored, and separately disdained, but their alternate "contributions" to history are not mutually exclusive.

Collectively, those lives represent the complete American experience.

This paragraph within "The Bee's" October 12, 2017 editorial entitled "October has all the options when the news is so depressing" by David Sherman, is a seeming example of twisted journalistic logic, and requires response:

"There are no provisions for an elected official to leave the game before it starts because he objects to players protesting against injustice. There are no provisions for another elected official to state “only one thing will work” in dealing with North Korea and that he created the word “fake.” There are no provisions for that same elected official to question why a Senate committee is not investigating a legitimate American news agency."

I have one petty, and five urgent observations to make:

(1) Mr. Sherman's thematic use of the word "provision" is a rather ambiguous, if not awkward, transitory term to link his last two paragraphs to the fundamental Carlin skit. Petty, but nevertheless bothersome.

(2) The term "elected official" is irrelevant.

Assuming Mr. Sherman is referencing the Vice President, yes it is true that Mike Pence holds that elected office. It is also true, and far more relevant, that Mike Pence is a consumer. As a consumer, Mike Pence is not required to accept a flawed product.

Furthermore, and without regard to Mr. Pence's rights as a consumer, First Amendment rights do go both ways. EVEN IF the players have right to engage their First Amendment right(s) on "company time," certainly the Vice President has a right to assert his First Amendment right(s) to express his displeasure.

(3) Mr. Sherman's comment that Vice President Pence "objects to players protesting against injustice," appears to be pejoratively misleading.

Like many Americans, Vice President Pence obviously objects to disrespecting the American flag and the national anthem, neither of which is synonymous with "injustice."

To the contrary, the American flag is a blood-stained symbol of freedom, "Equal Justice Under Law," and cherished American values. That flag continuously waves under the prideful, heavenly eyes of fallen heroes, who bled and died to preserve the right to protest "injustice."

Regrettably, Mr. Sherman seemingly fuses, and confuses, the flag, the anthem, and the nation that both represent, with the singular actions of lawless men, bearing bigoted hearts and morally stained souls.

(4) Regarding Mr. Sherman's reference to the origin of the word "fake," a simple observation: "Necessity is the mother of invention."

(5) Does a "legitimate" news agency report false, or "fake" news that an American President wants to increase the American nuclear arsenal "tenfold," yet suppress apparently verified news about a major Democrat donor who engaged in the abuse, and perhaps the rape, of several women?

Like the word "is," I guess it depends on what your definition of "legitimate" is.

But, just a closing observation: if Mr. Sherman is so concerned with the individual right to protest, should he not be equally concerned with the diligent application of the Constitutionally-inferred right to know?

A little hypocritical, IMHO.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 12th, 2017 at 02:11 AM.

This paragraph within "The Bee's" October 12, 2017 editorial entitled "October has all the options when the news is so depressing" by David Sherman, is a seeming example of twisted journalistic logic, and requires response:

The 'Bee' is essentially the modern day printed version of a facebook page and a couple of coupons. Not sure why you're giving any weight to this person.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    The 'Bee' is essentially the modern day printed version of a facebook page and a couple of coupons. Not sure why you're giving any weight to this person.
    People may be inconsequential. Their published, mass-circulated, inflammatory words are not.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 12th, 2017 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Agree!

However, I can see the reason for Mark’s post. In his editorial Mr. Sherman wrote: “News is often violent, disturbing and piled high with inappropriate content.”
    He should have added ‘inaccurate’ as well’.

Recently, as many times in the past, inaccurate information has been presented on town board meeting content. And where in the past public involvement regarding issues, concerns and questions to the board were wrote about, such reporting rarely ever takes place.

The Bee reporter could simply get all the information off the town website and stay home – as does the Buffalo Snooze assigned reporter; if there is one.

The recent town board recordings provided by Gorja and the soon promised recordings of all town meetings on the town’s website are the new paradigm for openness and transparency.

However, I can see the reason for Mark’s post.
    That editorial Lee, was subtly incendiary. Personally, I think it is teeing- up a twisted Democrat campaign narrative. That anticipated narrative should be preemptively addressed.

But, what do I know?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 12th, 2017 at 12:03 PM.

Thread Information