Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the West Seneca Ethics Board - unethical?

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Sorry, Dan, at this point I just can't take your "review" of Lawson's platform seriously. Esp after this thread sinks into my mind.

I'm simply addressing Post #1.

I have no horse in this race.

When you are caught in a private Facebook group with the membership of a government-appointed committee, baring other duly-appointed members, and include a candidate for Town supervisor in the private setting about government matters, that is the definition of unethical behavior - and behavior that does not pass the smell test, that does not avoid the appearance of impropriety, and behavior that does not show respect for the spirit of the law.

And you know it too!

That is called a caucus, which is expressly permitted by law. Your refusal to acknowledge that shows your purely partisan view is willing to over look facts.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    That is called a caucus, which is expressly permitted by law. Your refusal to acknowledge that shows your purely partisan view is willing to over look facts.
    I'd have to say right back at ya, Dan, about the partisan comment.

If it's no big deal the Town's ethics board would have waived the secret body off and let them continue on in the dark.

And why did you leave Gary out of your original post?

I'd have to say right back at ya, Dan, about the partisan comment.

If it's no big deal the Town's ethics board would have waived the secret body off and let them continue on in the dark.

And why did you leave Gary out of your original post?
    First, I left all names out of my post, not just Gary's because the issue is bigger than those involved.

Second, you are telling me that democrats do not caucus at any level because it is unethical?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

First, I left all names out of my post, not just Gary's because the issue is bigger than those involved.
    You provided total and complete identifying titles so anyone could find the names of the Dems, yet did not have anything whatsoever that would identify Dickson in Post #1 unless the reader knew the details - come on now, Dan! Go back and read it, and please, let it sink in.

Gee!

Second, you are telling me that democrats do not caucus at any level because it is unethical?
    I really don't care if it's Dem, Rep, Green, whatever. But, again come on now, this was a Town government advisory committee, not a clubhouse!

I really don't care if it's Dem, Rep, Green, whatever. But, again come on now, this was a Town government advisory committee, not a clubhouse!
    So, to be clear, you would never support a candidate that was part of a caucus because it would be unethical? Come on breezy for a partisan political hack you should be more believable than that. Now you are just pounding on the table because neither the facts nor the law supports your position.

So, to be clear, you would never support a candidate that was part of a caucus because it would be unethical? Come on breezy for a partisan political hack you should be more believable than that. Now you are just pounding on the table because neither the facts nor the law supports your position.
    I humbly disagree, Dan.

In the circumstances posted by yourself I couldn't support such a candidate, but that doesn't seem to me to happen like in this case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information