Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancaster Industrial Development Agency (LIDA) resignations

Yes, in 2012 with a democratic majority on the board, Republican Fudoli was elected chairman.
    They didn't make it political

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Lancaster residents deserve an explanation

The Town of Lancaster will start livestreaming all its board meetings held at Town Hall beginning with Monday evening’s town board meeting. The Lancaster Industrial Development Agency (LIDA) has committed to likewise livestream its meetings held in the same Town Hall room. Openness and transparency to the max!

Unable to attend meetings anymore for age-related health reasons, I am looking forward to watching the meetings livestreamed. However, there is no LIDA minutes / agenda meeting scheduled on the Town’s ‘Recent Minutes and Agendas’ website menu.

When going to the LIDA website for information, I discovered the website has not been updated in 2022 – nada, no listing of new members, minutes, and agendas, etc. When asking a newly appointed LIDA member for reason, I was only informed there are some transition issues, that it’s ‘a work in progress.’

The LIDA’s purpose is to serve the town in promoting commercial development, job creation and other functions that help grown the town’s tax base as well. No transition, the result of membership change, should impact its function. The town’s best interest should be front and center.

Lancaster residents are owed an explanation why the transition is not going smoothly. What impact did Supervisor Ruffino’s resignation have – resigning directly after the vote for LIDA Chair took place at the opening Organizational Meeting portion, and where he was not elected Chair. IMHO, this resignation was tendered in Supervisor Ruffino best interest, not the town’s.

The same can be said of LIDA CFO Pamela Cuviello resigning the very same day. As Town of Lancaster Director of Administration & Finance, Cuviello held the LIDA position as CFO for the past two years - as others in her position did by rote for years. Cuviello stated in a correspondence submitted to the LIDA: “Thank you for your consideration, however, I am no longer interested in the position of CFO for LIDA.”

The LIDA is now missing a town board representative sitting on its board; a first in my memory. The LIDA should have Town and Village board membership representing their municipality’s best interests.

The LIDA for the first time in my memory is absent a CFO, a position held by the Town of Lancaster Director of Budget & Finance.

Do either of these resignations have anything to do with the LIDA website not being updated, and where no LIDA activity news is being disseminated remains to be determined. Maybe not, but those are the only two changes that are obvious to one on the outside looking in. The public has a right to know why they are being kept uniformed. Why the LIDA website has not been updated.
    Since you are clearly and overwhelming the proven lapdog of Dino Fudoli, maybe get a hold of him and get him to do his job with the information you seek. As the Number on boot-licker of Fudoli, I would assume you know how to reach the man.

Stop your whining and do it yourself.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Does a scorched earth approach to governance well-serve the best interests of Lancaster's residents?

Methinks not.
    Any normal human being would just move on and get the job done, either themselves, or another way with someone who have the technical ability to post the darn information.

Gee, maybe ask the GOP beloved town clerk, oh heck, she probably would need a case handout to do the job. Sounds like any volunteer could accomplish the matter.

Maybe you could do it, without a cash handout!

Indeed. When appointed to serve on LIDA, the town supervisor as a courtesy was elected Chair. Considering the town was under Democratic Party control for 66 of the past 70 years (from 1996-2021), the Chair appointment was a given.

The town board now under control of recently elected Conservative- ‘real’ Republicans decided to go a different direction, appointing, and returning only Supervisor Ruffino to the seven member LIDA Board of Directors.

At the Organizational Meeting, at time of Chair voting, Supervisor Ruffino received no nominating petition. Suspecting such happening, Supervisor Ruffino submitted an immediate written resignation correspondence and left the LIDA meeting. This is analogous to a playground child who brought the ball to the game, was not elected ‘captain,’ and in anger took his football and went home leaving his team behind and their best interest. Ruffino should have continued to serve in the town’s best interest.

In his 20 years of public service in the Town of Lancaster, Mr. Ruffino has sat on Democrat controlled boards as Councilmember and in the last two as Supervisor. He as other Democrats in office have openly stated ‘we have the votes. The circumstances have reversed, and he cuts and runs?

A former Supervisor was asked repeatedly why the town was consistently acting on certain matters when it was obvious change was needed. His answer: “Because we have always done it this way.” The new LIDA board wants to take the board in a different direction and has the authority to do so.

Supervisor Ruffino was appointed to LIDA and choose to leave on his own volition.

After serving two years in LIDA as CFO, Cuviello chose to not continue to serve. Cuviello was not removed. She also left on her own volition; a first to my knowledge.
    SO DAMN WHAT!

Ron decided not to continue on. It's his right. Much like your right Lee Chowaniec to continue to whine and whine and whine about anything and everything.

Yawn!

I say good for Ron. Looks to me like Dino just wanted window dressing, or worse, a shiny object like a flashy ring to wear and show off to crow about.

GOOD FOR YOU RON RUFFINO!!!!!

Poor little cooped up Lee. The misery just oozes and oozes from nearly every single post he writes.

The hate is eating at his brain!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Any normal human being would just move on and get the job done, either themselves, or another way with someone who have the technical ability to post the darn information.

Gee, maybe ask the GOP beloved town clerk, oh heck, she probably would need a case handout to do the job. Sounds like any volunteer could accomplish the matter.

... Dino Fudoli...get him to do his job...
    I am sure Fudoli will get his job done, and done well.

I am equally sure that, as a former LIDA Chairman, he does not need on the job training, nor do I think that he needs to rely on the wisdom, insights, and heretofore undisclosed information held by a self-admitted, less-than-prepared out-going LIDA Chairman, eh?

"The LIDA Board was a topic at the Feb. 3 Lancaster Town Board work session, where Ruffino addressed some of Leary’s concerns. After heated discussion between Leary and Ruffino regarding Leary’s concerns, Ruffino stated he was new in his position and still learning."
    Reference: https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...da-violations/

Perhaps Mr. Ruffino was the architect of his own LIDA Chairmanship demise?

After all, did he not himself say that he was "still learning" in his position?

I don't recall Mr. Fudoli, or any other LIDA Chairman ever saying such a thing.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 5th, 2022 at 08:57 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Is that thinking consistent with Mr. Ruffino's 2019 campaign pledge?

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    While I may respect Supervisor Ruffino's decision, in my mind, I simply can not harmonize his resignation, for whatever reason tendered, with his 2019 campaign pledge to be "tuned in to the 21st century and the concerns of our residents."

Reference: (Click Attachment To Enlarge)

Attachment 19990

With that said, I offer this question:

Why would Supervisor Ruffino deprive his supporters their voice on the LIDA, and withhold from the organization, an entity which exists to further the interests of the people of Lancaster, what wisdom he may have gleaned from his many years of experience in town government?

Just askin'.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 5th, 2022 at 08:52 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Yes, in 2012 with a democratic majority on the board, Republican Fudoli was elected chairman.
    Gorja, a Conservative majority on the Town Council voted to appoint Supervisor Ruffino, just as a Democrat-controlled Town Council voted to appoint Supervisor Fudoli.

To what I assume is your point, as I understand things, neither the past Democrat-led, nor the present Conservative-led, Town Council(s) had a controlling voice in the selection of the LIDA Chairman.

Does not the LIDA membership vote for its own officers, including its Chairman?

Ruffino stated at the work session that LIDA is a completely separate government agency.

“First of all, LIDA has nothing to do with the town board, except appointing people,” Ruffino said.
    Reference: https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...da-violations/

If Mr. Ruffino was not re-elected to serve as Chairman, perhaps it was for reasons that were truly non-political?

"The LIDA Board was a topic at the Feb. 3 Lancaster Town Board work session, where Ruffino addressed some of Leary’s concerns. After heated discussion between Leary and Ruffino regarding Leary’s concerns, Ruffino stated he was new in his position and still learning."
    Conversely, perhaps Mr. Fudoli's election was a meritorious-based decision, resultant from his past service as LIDA Chairman?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 5th, 2022 at 09:59 PM.

Everything is politics!

Prior to and after Supervisor Giza’s term in office (1996-2011), only Lancaster Industrial Agency membership appointee names were recognized at the Town Board’s Organizational Meeting - held at the first town board meeting of the year. It was the LIDA membership that elected its Chair at their first Organizational Meeting held shortly thereafter.

It was during the entire Giza administration that the language of the resolution changed: Giza , Robert H, be and is hereby appointed Member and Chairman, Industrial Development Agency.

The language changed back when Supervisor Fudoli took office in 2012. He was listed as ‘appointed member of the Industrial Development Agency’ – not Chair., not Supervisor. He was elected Chair by the LIDA membership. The same can be said of Ruffino – appointed as member of the Industrial Development Agency, not as Supervisor of the Town of Lancaster or as Chair of the Industrial Development Agency.

The LIDA is a self-governing agency and elects its Chair. Perhaps you can explain how Supervisor Giza was recognized as LIDA Chair in every year of his 16-year term before a LIDA board meeting took place. Politics was not involved, eh? Much ado about nothing!

It’s late, I’m old and tired and will deal with your cohort in the morning,

Since you are clearly and overwhelming the proven lapdog of Dino Fudoli, maybe get a hold of him and get him to do his job with the information you seek. As the Number on boot-licker of Fudoli, I would assume you know how to reach the man.

Stop your whining and do it yourself.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Lapdog? Boot licker? Hilarious!

I have not spoken with or exchanged emails/texts with Mr. Fudoli since he left office. No reason to, then or now. He is well qualified to Chair the LIDA and that was obvious when he was the only one nominated for the position and elected with only Ruffino’s ‘no’ vote.

I wish Fudoli and the new board well. It was time for a change in membership. Some of those members were throwbacks to the Giza era – coming and going throughout the years.

Whining? Nah, happy as a clam. Your conniving, deceitful political team got clobbered in the primary and the election as well. You and your guys are the whining losers, so much so the head whiner left the LIDA team – quitting on his constituents as well.

The next time you look into a mirror, you will see the 'loser'! LOL

Breezy wrote:

SO DAMN WHAT!

Ron decided not to continue on. It's his right. Much like your right Lee Chowaniec to continue to whine and whine and whine about anything and everything.

Yawn!
    Nah, not whining, just wondering what’s holding LIDA from taking off in updating its website thereby providing the public access to information. The only thing that openly changed was the quitting of an appointed board member and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Did their quitting play a role in the delay?

I say good for Ron. Looks to me like Dino just wanted window dressing, or worse, a shiny object like a flashy ring to wear and show off to crow about.

GOOD FOR YOU RON RUFFINO!!!!!
    Yeah, hooray for quitters!

Dino has a new ring?

Poor little cooped up Lee. The misery just oozes and oozes from nearly every single post he writes.

The hate is eating at his brain!

LOL
    Nah, as I earlier posted, happy as a clam. The voters of Lancaster saw through the deceitful, Machiavellian collusion of the aligned Democrat and Republican Parties and overwhelmingly voted for Conservative – Real Republican candidates at the primary and November elections.

Whose brain is being eaten out is the Lancaster Democratic Party. Once having a plurality of near 2-1 in registered voters over the Republicans, the gap has been dramatically closed. It is the Conservative Party that has grown most in party registered voters – and the number of blanks (unaffiliated voters) – my people.

Lancaster Town Residents – 45,106
    Registered Voters:
    Democrats – 12,037
    Republicans – 10,574
    Blanks – 7,658
    Conservatives – 1,422
    Working Families – 198
    Other – 1,514

Perhaps you can ask the departed CFO who really controls putting the information on the LIDA website and why it is not taking place yet – but will be shortly.
    Why the shot at the ‘beloved’ Town Clerk? The Town Clerk has nothing to do with the LIDA.

And do you honestly think that someone is not getting paid to update / place information on the LIDA website?

The town is changing, and in a good way. The old guard, the ‘this is the way we have always did things’ cronies are disappearing and you and your ilk’s only agenda to keep power is to personally attack opposing candidates or anyone voicing an opinion other than yours – like you attempted to do with Dickman and Pilato in the recent election and failed.

The hate is on your side, Sleazy!

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    When going to the LIDA website for information, I discovered the website has not been updated in 2022 – nada, no listing of new members, minutes, and agendas, etc. When asking a newly appointed LIDA member for reason, I was only informed there are some transition issues, that it’s ‘a work in progress.’
    In the agenda for the January 18 LIDA meeting, there was a resolution to appoint Leza Braun as website administrator.
    Would she be the only with the responsibility of updating their website?

Georgia L Schlager

From an October 2021 LIDA meeting, it stated the following
    So they do have time.

Georgia L Schlager

In the agenda for the January 18 LIDA meeting, there was a resolution to appoint Leza Braun as website administrator.
    Would she be the only with the responsibility of updating their website?
    No. Ask your friend.

No. Ask your friend.
    Whoever that's suppose to be is beyond me. I was always under the assumption that the LIDA secretary updated the website.

Georgia L Schlager

Whoever that's suppose to be is beyond me. I was always under the assumption that the LIDA secretary updated the website.

Again, ask your friend(s) / cohorts in high places - or call the office of the ex-CFO of LIDA, who happens to be the Town of Lancaster Director of Administration & Finance and ask whose responsibility it is to update and maintain the LIDA website and gets paid for doing so. She does owe the public that much.

When the current LIDA board gets the agency squared away, the membership is to be commended for the time and effort it put in to do so.

It is time to open the door and let the sunshine in. The public deserves the openness and transparency it is always promised.

Hopefully, Lancaster's past year of extraordinary political deceit has come to an end! Fortunately, the voters saw through the deceit and voted into office candidates having the best interests of the town in mind.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information