Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Republicans endorse Sugg for assembly seat

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Stop it gorga, you are making too much sense and Breezy will only distort or detract from the point being made – kind of like the uber biased mainstream media.
    Yeah, I've heard that about some Dem dummkopfs.

Georgia L Schlager

LOL, LOL, LOL

Sugg can certainly run, but he just cannot hid from his past!

And the other folks mentioned here, well, they are not running.

Sugg is. And his participation as a member of Team Fudoli just last year says it all.

Of course it's up to the voters, oh, yeah, the same exact voters who kicked the entire Team Fudoli to the curb.

Obviously, the voters of Lancaster were not swayed by the 'rocket scientists' on here.

I assume the same will hold true this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    LOL, LOL, LOL

Sugg can certainly run, but he just cannot hid from his past!

And the other folks mentioned here, well, they are not running.

Sugg is. And his participation as a member of Team Fudoli just last year says it all.

Of course it's up to the voters, oh, yeah, the same exact voters who kicked the entire Team Fudoli to the curb.

Obviously, the voters of Lancaster were not swayed by the 'rocket scientists' on here.

I assume the same will hold true this time around.
    “Fudoli, Fudoli, Fudoli,” cries Breezy; yet again. Is Dino his campaign manager?

“Team Fudoli association with will bring defeat to Sugg,” cries Breezy.

That’s it, Breezy?

Was Sugg endorsed by Fudoli last year? Or, just another candidate endorsed by the political parties?

I will give you that Sugg paid the price for Fudoli’s failure but for that I would have to lay blame on the Republicans who drank the DEM Kool aid BS and stayed home.

How about posting something on why I should consider voting for Monica Wallace. Your negative fear and smear tactics are getting old. And, unlike you old boy (or girl – politically correct or not) I do vote for candidates from both major parties.

Team Fudoli; now that is funny (and lame).

Hi Breezy,

Hope all is well in your world...

Sugg has experience in governing. Wallace is in academia. As a Village Trustee, Sugg has shown that the residents are his first priority.

It is very difficult to take a person who has had a career in academia, effortlessly switch to politics.

Understanding the narrative in running candidates as a block on the ballot is common practice. The fact that you are showcasing the past election as a point of reference in a negative light-shows us how narrow minded you truly are.

Have a great day

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post

It is very difficult to take a person who has had a career in academia, effortlessly switch to politics.
    Oh, try telling that to the family of Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

That's exactly what he did.

Sounds to me like Ms. Wallace has a similar mindset for entering politics.

I also have to say that Mr. Sugg is no degenerate politician like the Queen Bag Lady for Steve Pigeon: Ms. Kristy Mazurek.

However, Mr. Sugg still is a political hack, a mere political hack but a political hack nonetheless - and he's also the "same ole same ole" political type in all the glory of the old fashioned pork and patronage, friends and family, good ole boy network type.

Like shortstuff just implied, Mr. Sugg has the kind of political experience needed to go from a local elective office onto a career in Albany.

Readers, that's exactly what is NOT needed to clean up the cesspool of Albany politics!

How anyone could support Sugg when an actual Ethics Professor, with the utmost credibility and respectability is on the ballot is beyond me. Yes, gorja someone who actually taught law students ethics! And someone uniquely qualified to challenge a culture where ethics is the Number One problem.

Just saying!

I also have to say that Mr. Sugg is no degenerate politician like the Queen Bag Lady for Steve Pigeon: Ms. Kristy Mazurek.

However, Mr. Sugg still is a political hack, a mere political hack but a political hack nonetheless - and he's also the "same ole same ole" political type in all the glory of the old fashioned pork and patronage, friends and family, good ole boy network type.

Like shortstuff just implied, Mr. Sugg has the kind of political experience needed to go from a local elective office onto a career in Albany.

Readers, that's exactly what is NOT needed to clean up the cesspool of Albany politics!

How anyone could support Sugg when an actual Ethics Professor, with the utmost credibility and respectability is on the ballot is beyond me. Yes, gorja someone who actually taught law students ethics! And someone uniquely qualified to challenge a culture where ethics is the Number One problem.

Just saying!
    Once again you label Sugg as a ‘political hack’ based on his campaign relationship with the other Republican/Conservative endorsed candidates and your unfounded allegation that he ethically inappropriate in not calling out their shortcomings – your hammering Fudoli and Brainard on their financial misdeeds.

Fudoli acted properly in his capacity of Supervisor. There was never conflict of interests issues raised about his official conduct. His business affairs were entirely legal and private. Mr. Sugg was their running mate. He was not Mr. Fudoli's priest; Mr. Fudoli was not Sugg's penitent.

Joe Brainard never held public office Mr. Brainard's business practices were addressed by civil legal procedure. Mr. Sugg did not have an official interest in Mr. Brainard's private business affairs; he was not, and is not a civil administrative law judge. What was there for Mr. Sugg to say?

And, Mr. Sugg, in his elected capacity as VOL Trustee fulfilled his oath of office regarding the appearance of impropriety concerning VOL officials and official business capacities. As with Fudoli, he did not address issues with personal behavior with questionable overtones - or business practices unrelated to the VOL.

Did Mrs. Coleman, Mrs. Terranova, Mr. Walter, speak to the personal behavior and private business practices of their running mate? Show me where.

Breezy, you wrote: Readers, that's exactly what is NOT needed to clean up the cesspool of Albany politics! You were referring to Mr. Sugg while at the same time saying what we need is another lawyer in Albany to clean up the ‘cesspool’. Seriously? The cesspool was created by the great majority of lawyers holding positions in Albany.

A former lawyer who is running for president should be in jail!

Issues Breezy, stick to the issues; present day issues that is.

Just saying!

Oh, try telling that to the family of Daniel Patrick Moynihan.

That's exactly what he did.

Sounds to me like Ms. Wallace has a similar mindset for entering politics.
    As a Sociologist, Moynihan became very active in politics. His movement on black poverty was impressive and relevant. That said, comparing him to Wallace is premature.

Originally posted by Breezy:
    However, Mr. Sugg still is a political hack, a mere political hack but a political hack nonetheless

Political hack
    - A political hack is a negative term ascribed to a person who is part of the political party apparatus, but whose intentions are more aligned with victory than personal conviction.

Au contraire, Breezy. It is very clear to see that Sugg's intentions are in align with his personal conviction as he exemplified when proposing an Ethics committee in the village

Georgia L Schlager

Where is that like button

COVENANT WITH THE PEOPLE OF THE 143rd

There are some running for office this year who want to “be your voice” and speak for you. That is fine, but that is not my style. I prefer to HEAR your voice and WORK for you.

I have spoken with you. I have listened to you. I have heard your voice. You have identified problems that ALL people experience. I share your concerns. I pledge to work to help lessen those problems. My pledge is not a campaign promise; that is rhetoric. My pledge is not a slickly worded contract; too many legal loopholes. My pledge is my bonded COVENANT with the people of the 143rd State Assembly District.

I give to the people of the 143rd New York State Assembly District my solemn word, that by the close of the 2017 legislative session, I will address the following issues, and through the legislative process, propose attendant remedies:

(1) I will address the Student Debt Crisis. I will propose legislation providing for limited exemptions from the base five (5) per cent New York State Sales Tax for college, GED, and vocational students.

(2) I will address the issue of family caregivers. I will propose legislation providing for limited exemptions from the base five (5) per cent New York State Sales Tax for family caregivers.

(3) I will address the difficulties of our veterans. I will propose legislation providing for total and permanent exemptions from the base five (5) per cent New York State Sales Tax for all veterans of the United States Armed Forces, including veterans with service in the National Guard.

(4) I will address the financial concerns of the elderly. I will propose legislation providing for total and permanent exemptions from the base five (5) per cent New York State Sales Tax for all seniors in New York State.

(5) I will address the expressed concerns of the STAR program’s application process. I will propose legislation to simplify of the STAR program's application process by including it as a line item on the New York State Income Tax form.
    Without reference to any stated concern, I will take the initiative to work diligently to expand the STAR program into ancillary areas.

(6) I will honor the contributions of law enforcement and first responders. I will propose legislation providing total exemptions from the base five (5) per cent New York State Sales Tax for all law enforcement personnel and first responders during the entire month of September, each and every year

(7) In the general interests of good governance, I will propose legislation to begin the Constitutional process to term-limit all members of the New York State Assembly and the New York State Senate. That legislation would limit each Assembly Member and each Senator to serving five (5), two-year terms.

(8) I will work to prepare our students for today's economy, by proposing legislation giving enhanced tax credits to businesses participating in vocational and pre-college internships, hands-on job experiences, and/or informational seminars, on campus, or on site, aimed at further developing talents, skills, and interests in pursuit of sound student preparation to meet the challenges of today's economy.

(9) I will address the affordability of child daycare. I work to develop legislation to provide significant income tax relief for those parents engaging in child daycare programs.
    I further promise, by the end of the 2018 legislative session to:

(1) Have always supported the reduction of taxes on business, especially small business, in New York State.

(2) To have always supported the full preservation of our Constitutional guarantees, and to consistently support governance that keeps, to the maximum extent possible, decision making in the hands of the most local authority.

(3) To have worked diligently for campaign finance reform based upon transparency, with an oversight process directly and meaningfully involving citizen participation.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I AM COMMITTED TO TRUE GOVERNMENT ETHICS REFORM.

I was elected to the Village of Lancaster Board in 2013. I was elected as a member of the Integrity Of Choice Party. In 2013, the citizens of Lancaster recognized that our great village was in need of more transparency regarding the public acts of village officials, and more intensified enforcement of the functioning code of ethics.

Since taking office in 2013, I have made every effort to move ethics reform forward. I have tried quiet persuasion. I have tried public exposure. I have always tried the friendly hand of inclusion. UGH! From those experiences, believe me, ethics reform IS NOT EASY, but it must be STUBBORNLY PURSUED.

There seems to be a very wide gap between the insecurities and interests of the political power holders, and the disheartened frustrations of the citizen stakeholders. I want to bridge that gap with direct citizen participation. I have proposed such a remedy to the Lancaster Village Board. No legislator, no lawyer, and no other civil official can surpass in commitment and proprietary interest, the inborn decency, integrity, and common sense of the law-abiding citizen.

ABOVE ALL ELSE, I pledge to bring my intensified commitment to ethics reform TO ALBANY: JANUARY 1. I will fight for ethics reform, I will sacrifice for ethics reform, but I will not compromise for ethics reform. In that spirit, I pledge to serve with ETHICAL DIGNITY, and to devote every available hour of my time to serving the urgent needs of the people of the 143rd.

Georgia L Schlager

I know very little about Mr. Sugg other than what I read here or in the BN. My only contact with him was when he paid a visit to my home with petition in hand. He wanted on the ballot for village trustee. Not ever meeting him before, I asked him what political party he was affiliated with. He told me the local village party. I asked again what? Is your party affiliation. He refused to answer..I did not sign his petition. First impressions mean a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Wehner View Post
    I know very little about Mr. Sugg other than what I read here or in the BN. My only contact with him was when he paid a visit to my home with petition in hand. He wanted on the ballot for village trustee. Not ever meeting him before, I asked him what political party he was affiliated with. He told me the local village party. I asked again what? Is your party affiliation. He refused to answer..I did not sign his petition. First impressions mean a lot...
    I find that hard to believe. Russ is always upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Wehner View Post
    So Mike, you obviously live in the Village of Lancaster as you were asked to sign Sugg's petition in 2013, that allowed him to get enough petitions and have his name on the ballot as running for Village of Lancaster Trustee.

Now you must know that the Villages of Depew and Lancaster base their elections on local party names, not the names of major parties (like DEMS & REP). On his petition it was so stated that he was running on the Integrity of Choice Party -as was one other candidate. So are you saying that the man's qualifications and integrity weren't good enough for you to sign the petition, that is was major party affiliation that influenced your choice and where you did not sign the petition? That's sad, Mike; sad because the other information was irrelevant.

And, Mike, are you sure you did not sign the petition because that can easily be ascertained.

Cmon Lee open your eyes....an R is a R....a D is a D....local party names are just wolves in sheeps clothing....as far as my refusing to sign a petition, I believe I did indeed not sign... But by all means have at it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information