Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vandalism or Protesting?

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Vandalism or Protesting?

Vandalism or Protesting?

History either way you look at it.

Will they be charged with destruction of public property?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    ISIS destroys ancient artifacts in Mosul

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Criminal charges sought for protesters who toppled Confederate statue in North Carolina

When protesters, angry over the deadly incidents in Virginia this weekend, decided to take down a nearly century-old statue of a Confederate soldier in North Carolina on Monday, law enforcement stood back and watched.

At no time did officers with the Durham Police Department or deputies with the Durham County Sheriff’s Office intervene as activists brought a ladder up to the statue and used a rope to pull it down, according to multiple media reports.

No one was arrested Monday, however, a day later, Durham County Sheriff Mike Andrews announced investigators were working to identify the protesters and planned to bring criminal charges against them.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/15...-carolina.html

Vandalism! Protesting is making your feelings known and working with politicians to remove the statue legally

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    More on CNN

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    ISIS destroys ancient artifacts in Mosul

This and the Taliban destroying ancient Hindu artifacts in Afghanistan came immediately to mind when I heard this on the news this morning. BTW, the above videos show the so called Liberals that I despis
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Islamic Council CAIR Broadcasts Demand For Removal Of All Confederate History

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which is the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, called on state and local governments across America to respond to the deadly attacks in Charlottesville by removing every single Confederacy memorial or symbol. Not just one or two, they’re calling for every single one to be gone.

In addition, CAIR offered a template resolution to be introduced by public bodies such as city councils, state legislatures, and school districts calling for the removal of every Confederate symbol that exists across the country.
    https://conservativedailypost.com/is...erate-history/

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Here are the Confederate memorials that will be removed after Charlottesville

(CNN)More than 150 years after the Civil War ended, the Confederacy is memorialized with statues, monuments and historical markers across the United States.

Some say they mark history and honor heritage. Others argue they are racist symbols of America's dark legacy of slavery.
    A nationwide debate surrounding this issue has been underway since Dylann Roof killed nine African-Americans in a Charleston church in 2015, in an effort to "start a race war." And it flared up again after white nationalists marched last weekend to protest the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue in Charlottesville, Virginia, where one woman was killed amid violent clashes between demonstrators.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/us/con...rnd/index.html

These criminals are idiots. Having lived in the Deep South for many years there is still a connection with the populace to their fallen relatives. These law breaking miscreant SJW's have no knowledge or connection to those that died on the losing side of which many were not fighting for slavery but fighting for what they saw was Northern aggression. It's not that simple and whether they like it or not it is part of our history. I hate these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    These criminals are idiots. Having lived in the Deep South for many years there is still a connection with the populace to their fallen relatives. These law breaking miscreant SJW's have no knowledge or connection to those that died on the losing side of which many were not fighting for slavery but fighting for what they saw was Northern aggression. It's not that simple and whether they like it or not it is part of our history. I hate these people.
    Like I posted in another thread:

I could side with state removing the confederate flag, but not monuments to our history. However, many of those statues were placed in the early 1900's when Woodrow Wilson rolled back desegregation laws. And wasn't it Wilson (Or Coolidge) that was blasted for playing Birth of A Nation in the White House? Regardless, that was during a tumultuous time when the Klan was at full force, was active in influencing elections and more Blacks were killed and lynched than any time in history.

So, I'm torn on the idea, but in the end, History is not meant to make us feel good. History is meant to record events in time and these monuments are reminders of what we gone through as a country. A testament to the people who for better or worse had a profound impact on our country.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Like I posted in another thread:

I could side with state removing the confederate flag, but not monuments to our history. However, many of those statues were placed in the early 1900's when Woodrow Wilson rolled back desegregation laws. And wasn't it Wilson (Or Coolidge) that was blasted for playing Birth of A Nation in the White House? Regardless, that was during a tumultuous time when the Klan was at full force, was active in influencing elections and more Blacks were killed and lynched than any time in history.

So, I'm torn on the idea, but in the end, History is not meant to make us feel good. History is meant to record events in time and these monuments are reminders of what we gone through as a country. A testament to the people who for better or worse had a profound impact on our country.
    I agree, most importantly what these cretins do not understand is that these confederate soldiers and unlike other wars they were not foreign combatants, THEY WERE US our great grandfathers, uncles, brothers, sons at the time. etc etc. Before the war they were Americans after the war they were Americans. Maybe these idiots could do a little research and see how Southerners were treated during the reconstruction with civilian atrocities and read about the suffering at Andersonville.

Seriously the more I think about it the more I despise and loathe these aholes. F' them.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Blame the media for a lot of this.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This was sent to me and I do not know if it's true. I did search "true or false Activist May Go Blind After Leftist Agitators Throw ACID IN HIS EYES" but more versions of the story came up. I didn't see anything on actual TV news sites or legit news paper sites.

Activist May Go Blind After Leftist Agitators Throw ACID IN HIS EYES at Charlottesville Rally…Leftists Tweet “I hope you go blind”

“Baked Alaska” is a former liberal who wrote for the ultra-liberal Buzzfeed publication. He’s now a conservative activist and Trump supporter who regularly attends pro-Trump and free-speech rallies to document the violence from the Left, and to show his support for his fellow conservatives.

http://100percentfedup.com/watch-con...hope-go-blind/

There you see people posting items like:

em @emilymmxx
    I hope you go blind.
    9:39 PM - Aug 13, 2017

https://twitter.com/emilymmxx?ref_sr...pe-go-blind%2F

Pu†o @GarbageTaint
    Please gay God, let it be permanent
    5:52 PM - Aug 13, 2017

https://twitter.com/GarbageTaint?ref...pe-go-blind%2F

When did it become OK to tear down or remove historical statues or monuments without going through the proper channels? For a people who say that we should all be unbiased and tolerant of others, I see that they meant it to apply to everyone else... ....and not themselves. I see censorship. They are obviously uneducated enough to not understand that these are historical symbols instead of symbols of racism, so this justifies tearing statues down? Why don't they just rewrite history also and stop teaching about the families that were torn apart when brother fought against brother, and neighbor fought against neighbor during the civil war? Hell, while they're at it, why not just burn books that include any sad periods of our history? Then we can pretend none of it ever existed. Then we will never learn from it either.

I'm seeing other stories that included one about Baltimore removing statues/monuments overnight? Who gave this OK? Did they get a court order? Did someone just make 'an executive decision'? What the Hell is going on here? If something offends me, can I just take it down?

I've got a suggestion for these A$$hats: There are many third world countries that embrace this kind of hate, and intolerance, and violence, and fascism, and have no constitution to protect it's citizens from a government out of control. Why don't they leave the U.S. and just relocate? I promise you they will not be missed.

For a group of people who like to call our president and conservatives 'Nazis' or 'Racists' or 'Haters', I think they should look in the mirror a bit longer when they are tying the black scarf over their face. They have become what they profess to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvinBuffalo View Post
    When did it become OK to tear down or remove historical statues or monuments without going through the proper channels? For a people who say that we should all be unbiased and tolerant of others, I see that they meant it to apply to everyone else... ....and not themselves. I see censorship. They are obviously uneducated enough to not understand that these are historical symbols instead of symbols of racism, so this justifies tearing statues down? Why don't they just rewrite history also and stop teaching about the families that were torn apart when brother fought against brother, and neighbor fought against neighbor during the civil war? Hell, while they're at it, why not just burn books that include any sad periods of our history? Then we can pretend none of it ever existed. Then we will never learn from it either.

I'm seeing other stories that included one about Baltimore removing statues/monuments overnight? Who gave this OK? Did they get a court order? Did someone just make 'an executive decision'? What the Hell is going on here? If something offends me, can I just take it down?

I've got a suggestion for these A$$hats: There are many third world countries that embrace this kind of hate, and intolerance, and violence, and fascism, and have no constitution to protect it's citizens from a government out of control. Why don't they leave the U.S. and just relocate? I promise you they will not be missed.

For a group of people who like to call our president and conservatives 'Nazis' or 'Racists' or 'Haters', I think they should look in the mirror a bit longer when they are tying the black scarf over their face. They have become what they profess to hate.
    They are a bunch of cry bullies that need a good paddling. The real scary thing is that these idiots are our future.. Get ready for the 4th Reich when these morons are in charge! Bunch of aholes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information