Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Protest "Earth Hour"

Protest "Earth Hour"

An article in todays Buffalo News states that a protest is to be done on Saturday March 28,2009. This group want us to turn all our lights off at 8:30 PM. What I'm going to do is turn all my lights on just to protest these minority political opinionated groups from controlling my life.
    Russia didn't make me vote for Trump, Hillary did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lackawanna View Post
    An article in todays Buffalo News states that a protest is to be done on Saturday March 28,2009. This group want us to turn all our lights off at 8:30 PM. What I'm going to do is turn all my lights on just to protest these minority political opinionated groups from controlling my life.

I like your idea! until Al gore gives up his plane and SUV, his globel warming argument has no validity!
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Because saving electricity (and money) is such a baaaaad idea!

And for what it's worth Lacks...those who understand that energy resources are NOT infinite and recognize the value of using and thereby polluting less are NOT in the 'minority.'
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Quote Originally Posted by run4it View Post

And for what it's worth Lacks...those who understand that energy resources are NOT infinite and recognize the value of using and thereby polluting less are NOT in the 'minority.'
    So one day Niagara falls is going to shut off?
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Lighs Off Bad Idea

Your reply is what the problem with the Liberal movement in this country. The Liberals belive they are the only group that understands everthing and are never wrong.

Why do you worry about saving money when you seem to support the outlandish spending in the public sector.

I like the idea myself, heck to stick it to the utilities we should do this more then once a year.

Your reply is what the problem with the Liberal movement in this country. The Liberals belive they are the only group that understands everthing and are never wrong.

Why do you worry about saving money when you seem to support the outlandish spending in the public sector.
    I believe in science. Science tells me that there can only be so much oil under our crust. Science tells me that there can only be so much coal. Science tells me that these things take millenia to produce more. Science tells me that burning these things causes pollution. Science tells me that pollution affects our air, water, and soil to make it less than or completely unfit for our use. I think anyone who can't look at science and accept it is a loony.

No I don't think that Niagara Falls is going to shut off. But yes, one of the possible consequences of Global Warming is that there won't be as much snow, causing not as much runoff into the lakes, causing less water to come through the river, causing less water pressure and therefore electricity coming out of the power project. And, as detractors like to say, all those 'natural' electicity sources (water, solar, wind) can't POSSIBLY ever give us enough energy to maintain our power consumption.

As far as public spending? I have no problem with constant, rolling ,across the board reviews and efficiency cuts. However, I do view much of it as both morally and practicably necessary. I DON'T view excess energy waste as necessary in any sense. So if some people want to make a point of using less energy, thereby saving a little bit of money out of their OWN pockets, what's your problem?

And by the way, when the end of the month comes and your electric bill is $3 more than your neighbor's because he turned out all his lights and you blazed everything you could find....won't that make you feel a little stupid? (hint: it should)

By the way, Lacks...when was the last time, as a conservative, YOU were wrong?
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Better Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Boycottbigoil View Post
    I like the idea myself, heck to stick it to the utilities we should do this more then once a year.
    Why not pass an National Law that each home can only have one light on at a time. If caught having more than one light on you should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law with jail time or a fine.

That would help President Obama's energy program and enrich (transfer the wealth) to our national coffers. Don't laugh "Big Brother" is coming.

That's right! Stick it to the Man!
    If you don't like gay marriage blame straight people. They're the ones who keep having gay babies.

I admit being wrong

Yes I have been wrong before. My biggest error was believing that the political process was honest.

Yes I have been wrong before. My biggest error was believing that the political process was honest.
    When was that? I remember hounding you into it one time when you made the incorrect assumption that I (or was it my wife) were self-serving union members (which neither of us are). But when have you ever been wrong as a repudiation of any 'conservative' belief? I dont' remember you admitting it.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Stupid?

I believe in science. Science tells me that there can only be so much oil under our crust. Science tells me that there can only be so much coal. Science tells me that these things take millenia to produce more. Science tells me that burning these things causes pollution. Science tells me that pollution affects our air, water, and soil to make it less than or completely unfit for our use. I think anyone who can't look at science and accept it is a loony.

No I don't think that Niagara Falls is going to shut off. But yes, one of the possible consequences of Global Warming is that there won't be as much snow, causing not as much runoff into the lakes, causing less water to come through the river, causing less water pressure and therefore electricity coming out of the power project. And, as detractors like to say, all those 'natural' electicity sources (water, solar, wind) can't POSSIBLY ever give us enough energy to maintain our power consumption.

As far as public spending? I have no problem with constant, rolling ,across the board reviews and efficiency cuts. However, I do view much of it as both morally and practicably necessary. I DON'T view excess energy waste as necessary in any sense. So if some people want to make a point of using less energy, thereby saving a little bit of money out of their OWN pockets, what's your problem?

And by the way, when the end of the month comes and your electric bill is $3 more than your neighbor's because he turned out all his lights and you blazed everything you could find....won't that make you feel a little stupid? (hint: it should)

I don't believe anything that the United States alone will do will solve the alleged global warming problem.

You used a poor example showing if my neighbor shut his lights off for 1 hour he would save $3 dollars from his electric bill. That would mean his monthly electric bill for lights alone would be approximately 3x6(hrs a day)x30(for days)=$540 a month electric bill for lights only. I don't live in neighborhood where the houses are that big. Even by Liberal standards that example was a stretch and should be considered false.

Unregistered
    I don't believe anything that the United States alone will do will solve the alleged global warming problem.

You used a poor example showing if my neighbor shut his lights off for 1 hour he would save $3 dollars from his electric bill. That would mean his monthly electric bill for lights alone would be approximately 3x6(hrs a day)x30(for days)=$540 a month electric bill for lights only. I don't live in neighborhood where the houses are that big. Even by Liberal standards that example was a stretch and should be considered false.
    Maybe he thinks you live next door to Al Gore.

You're deliberately missing the point. Even if his bill is only 20 cents less than yours, it's still less because you threw a hissy about something that doesn't even necessarily concern or effect you.
    But your being a dick
    ~Wnyresident

Unregistered
    I think anyone that accepts science as fact and doesn't realize that it is theoretic in nature, is equally as loony.

All too many scientific "facts" have been "proven" wrong.

The above sentence makes about as much sense as many scientific "facts."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information