Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drunken Philandering Assemblyman

Drunken Philandering Assemblyman

WGRZ.COM: Western New York Assemblyman Mike Cole may be facing ethics charges in Albany.
    Cole, who is married, has told the Assembly Ethics Committee that after a night of drinking at an Albany bar, he wound up sleeping on the floor in the apartment of an Assembly intern.
    Cole says the incident took place last Monday night when a number of legislators, staffers, and at least the one intern gathered at an Albany bar to watch the Sabres-Islanders playoff game.
    Cole says the 21 year old intern sat at his table during the game, and that after the game he walked her home to her apartment.
    The Assemblyman says at that point, he realized he was too drunk to get his car and drive home, and so he spent the night sleeping on the floor of the woman's apartment.
    The Assembly has rules that prohibit any socializing between members and interns.
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=47523

Interlude with an intern? In the spirit of Bill Clinton and Gary Condit, this is hardly an isolated incident for our elected representatives.

In fact, in today's permissive society, it's hardly even a newsmaker. Assemblyman Cole had better hire a good Public Relations Attorney. In a carefully worded press release he can blame his inexcusable behavior on prescription, drugs, alcohol, gambling or poor parenting. Next, he can enroll in counseling or a 12-Step program, and soon all will be forgiven.
    Last edited by ChaneysGotaGun; April 27th, 2007 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaneysGotaGun
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=47523

In the spirit of Bill Clinton and Gary Condit, this is hardly an isolated incident for our elected representatives.

In fact, in today's permissive society, it's hardly even a newsmaker. Just blame your inexcusable behavior on drugs, alcohol, gambling or poor parenting. Next, get yourself some counseling and the public will soon forgive you.
    I read that story, and the couldn't stop thinking, "what an idiot." You'd think these guys would learn from the past, but noooooooooooooooooo.

What he does on his own time is his business, I guess. But he crossed a very clear line by bunking with an intern. What -- he thought no one would find out? Maybe they think the rules change in Albany....

I just hope he's being honest about what happened. If it turns out to be otherwise, he should be removed from office.

The article says the intern was fired, no mention why though. That was weird.

Who the hell invites an assemblyman up to sleep on THE FLOOR??? You'd think a better option would be to call him a cab. You'd think.

Assemblyman Cole: "It's important to note that there have been no allegations whatsoever of inappropriate conduct by the young lady in question."
    To paraphrase:

1. "She's been bought."
    2. "My staff has advised the young lady that if she talks to reporters or a congressional investigations committee, she will end up like Gary Condit's intern."

Let's see what this intern looks like before we jump to any conclusions. I'm not saying there aren't a lot of chubby chasers out there (right Bill?), and I'm also not saying that people don't wear beer goggles, but if this intern is ugly I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    If as I suspect she's attractive (lets face it, he's not going to offer to walk an ugly chick home...) then he's more than likely lying about what happened.

WNYRes,
    I know you aren't fond of the "colorful" commentary, but I think in this instance this type of speculation is necessary.

Screw him, I feel bad for his wife. She must be mortified.

To paraphrase:

1. "She's been bought."
    2. "My staff has advised the young lady that if she talks to reporters or a congressional investigations committee, she will end up like Gary Condit's intern."
    Hey he was just doing to the intern what the rest of the Assembly and Senate does to the taxpayer every day.So lets all have a smoke and enjoy the afterglow.
    Now close your eyes and think about the music that was played in the canteena scene from the Starwars movie. That night in Legends seeing all those cretins partying had to be exactly like it. Sam Hoyt drinking through that hole in his head. Dale Volker with his big Elephant head.And Francine Delmonte playing the part of princess Layya. And we cant forget George Mazeiar as Jobba the hut.
    Hey Gun I love the signature. Viava La Movement

Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    What -- he thought no one would find out?
    um... according to the story on npr, he told the legislature about it the next day.
    One beautiful thing about having a government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations is that every disaster is measured in terms of economic loss. It's sort of like getting your arm sheared off in a car accident and thinking, "Damn, now it'll take longer to fold the laundry" as blood spurts from your arteries. - The Rude Pundit

Quote Originally Posted by raoul duke
    um... according to the story on npr, he told the legislature about it the next day.
    I'm sure he told the legislature after word spread around the house and around the campus like wildfire.

If he'd kept his mouth shut, eliminated all witnesses, and Chandra Levied the co-ed, he would be enjoying a long successful career like Gary Condit.

Instead it looks like the beginning on the end for Mike.
    I wonder if Alden will hire him back.

I'm sure he told the legislature after word spread around the house and around the campus like wildfire.

If he'd kept his mouth shut, eliminated all witnesses, and Chandra Levied the co-ed, he would be enjoying a long successful career like Gary Condit.

Instead it looks like the beginning on the end for Mike.
    I wonder if Alden will hire him back.
    God I love it when the bad guys step in it. I hope its the end.They all suck.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd
    Let's see what this intern looks like before we jump to any conclusions. I'm not saying there aren't a lot of chubby chasers out there (right Bill?), and I'm also not saying that people don't wear beer goggles, but if this intern is ugly I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
    If as I suspect she's attractive (lets face it, he's not going to offer to walk an ugly chick home...) then he's more than likely lying about what happened.

WNYRes,
    I know you aren't fond of the "colorful" commentary, but I think in this instance this type of speculation is necessary.
    I can hardly believe what I've just read. Can you truly be that superficial?

You've left me speechless, and that's not a easy thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    God I love it when the bad guys step in it. I hope its the end.They all suck.
    ...apparently, so do interns

Quote Originally Posted by RaginTaxpayer

The truth hurts,they all get better lookin at closeing time.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    ...apparently, so do interns
    You hit that one out of the park. Keep it up.
    {Thats a soft ball}

Quote Originally Posted by RaginTaxpayer

Hey, if I am hiring a secretary in the future, she'd better have great legs....I, too, would like to see what the girl looked like (I call her a girl because at 21, she is too young for me)....but, let's be realistic....people walk dogs, but not home from bars...
    "The horror........The horror..........."

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas II
    Hey, if I am hiring a secretary in the future, she'd better have great legs....I, too, would like to see what the girl looked like (I call her a girl because at 21, she is too young for me)....but, let's be realistic....people walk dogs, but not home from bars...
    uhhh, gentlemen do, ...don't they?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information