Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayor William Schroeder Seeks Second Term

Mayor William Schroeder Seeks Second Term

Lancaster mayor seeks reelection for second term

January 14, 2021
    by MARIA PERICOZZI Editor

Current Village of Lancaster Mayor William Schroeder has announced that he will be running for reelection with the Citizens Party in the March 16 village election.

For the first time since 1997, the race for the Village of Lancaster mayor will be contested. Current trustee Lynne Ruda announced her candidacy for mayor with the Integrity Party. The election is slated for March 16.

Schroeder was elected mayor in March 2017 and has since worked to help the constituents of Lancaster.

“I can’t think of a better place to do that from than the mayor’s seat,” Schroeder said. “I think we’ve done a very good job in the Village of Lancaster.”

Schroeder said the village is a customer service-based business that provides services to the residents, and that he tries his best to help the residents.

“It’s very gratifying to do that,” Schroeder said, adding he gets a lot of satisfaction from helping residents. Even if he can’t help personally, he often knows someone who can.

The Village of Lancaster has seen unprecedented progress in the last three years with the West Main Street extension project.
    “It’s nice to see it finally come to fruition,” Schroeder said. “The other development that’s been going on in the area, it’s 50 years in the making. There’s been a lot of trial and error, but it’s finally coming to life.”

Schroeder said there is quite a bit to do in the next four years, including rezoning Central Avenue from Walden Avenue to Broadway to allow residents to open a business out of their homes.

“Because of the pandemic, people are looking at other income opportunities,” Schroeder said. “If they can open a business in their home, then they don’t have to pay rent to somebody.”

Schroeder said he likes seeing the business district grow. He has also sent a letter to Gov. Andrew Cuomo, urging him to reopen restaurants and bars.

“I’m so upset about our bars and restaurants being shut down,” Schroeder said. “If they go out of business, they’re not coming back. The saddest sign to see in a business window is ‘For Rent.’”

Being a life member of the Lancaster Fire Department himself, Schroeder said he would like to see Fireman’s Park come together as a tribute to firefighters. He joined in 1979, which was something he wanted to do since he was a little boy.

“I went through all the ranks,” Schroeder said, adding he was fire chief and received a number of awards within the department.
    Schroeder said he is most proud of receiving the Fire Safety Educator of the Year award from the Fireman’s Association of the State of New York. He has also received the Fireman of the Year award, as well as the president’s award.

Working with the state assembly woman at the time, Schroeder started a Fire Safety Education program.

“We built an award-winning fire prevention and safety program,” Schroeder said, adding he’s presented the program to thousands of people. “I had a wonderful career with the Lancaster Fire Department. I enjoyed every minute of it. I enjoy supporting them now because I understand what they need.”

Schroeder is also in the process of pursuing an addition for the West Drullard fire station to allow for showers, a workout facility and laundry area.

Schroeder enjoys going out, meeting residents and hearing their concerns. He is trying to safely go door to door for campaigning, but has also started a Facebook page.

Most people he’s spoken to have been very satisfied with the job the current board has been doing, and he has very little negative feedback. Residents were especially worried at the beginning of the pandemic when sales tax would take a hit. The Village of Lancaster has not received Erie County sales tax since 2003, so the village was not impacted.

We’ve been able to stay fiscally stable,” Schroeder said, adding he’d like to continue to keep the tax rate for residents low. “In my term as mayor, we’ve had two years of a zero tax increase, and one year of 1.5% of an increase.”

Schroeder said the low or no tax increase helps add to the quality of life.

“We’re able to keep the tax rate down and still maintain and improve our services,” Schroeder said. “I’m very proud of that.”

Schroeder said he may be the “chief executive officer” but he has 10,000 bosses: the residents.

“We work for the people,” Schroeder said. “We answer to them.”

Reference: https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...r-second-term/
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm asking because I don't know.

reelection with the Citizens Party
    So village elections are a different sent of "political" parties compared to town/city/state?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

So village elections are a different sent of "political" parties compared to town/city/state?
    Indeed Res, the VOL parties are not elected on major party lies.

Here is how I understand village politics:

The village parties are separately composed of members of both major parties. Those major party players, who are village residents, may join opposite village parties as a channel to organize their tactics, vent their inter-party disagreements, and to challenge their inter-party counter parts, strictly in the world of village issues. IMHO, it is through that village politic that the village members of the major political parties test the strength of their positions on inter-party issues.

For example, Democrat Committee Member X may hate Democrat Committee Member Y, but both do not want to challenge each other in the arena of the Democrat Committee, so they take their fight to the village, were they can brawl without leaving a conspicuous odor of division within the major party chamber itself.

That response may be as confusing as village politics itself, but to generalize, I would liken village politics to the same template as was applied during the Spanish Civil War of the 1930s; a surrogates' war if you will.

Was my comment helpful Tony?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 14th, 2021 at 12:57 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Isn't this the guy who jumps in bed with any political party that suits his interests of the moment?

Seems like a super politician to me.

The only reason Blazejewski is pumping him up is because the mayor currently resides in the pocket of Lancaster Republicans.

You cannot call this guy non-partisan.

Not even remotely.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Sure was.

I didn't really know how that all worked.

Breezy

Isn't this the guy who jumps in bed with any political party that suits his interests of the moment?
    Could be. I don't know.

Teach me more.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    NO. It was sick, twisted, misleading and aligned with the wacko partisan obsessive freaks out there today and sadly just more of your regular conspiracy posts here on Speak Up Western New York. Gee, no interparty 'issues' in the Republican Party locally? Everyone gets alone fabulously? LOL

Hmmmm, why not smear the Dems!

And you actually think people out there respect what you say?

They think you're nuts!

It boggles the mind to think that any voter would be influenced by the Chowaniec and Blazejewski moan and groan machine - - the tome of grievance, yeah Had enough yet. It feels rather odd to read some of that, and then, in the very same Lancaster thread, they expect people to respect them as knowledgeable servants of the public. Crazed loonies who have lost complete control in my opinion (heck, others, too, LOL).

Very strange readers, very strange.

For example, Democrat Committee Member X may hate Democrat Committee Member Y, but both do not want to challenge each other in the arena of the Democrat Committee, so they take their fight to the village, were they can brawl without leaving a conspicuous odor of division within the major party chamber itself.
    Don't you read what you post?

The only "conspicuous odor" is coming from ALL of your posts!

Sure was.

I didn't really know how that all worked.

Could be. I don't know.

Teach me more.
    Tony, I have been a Lancaster resident for 65 years.

My comments were based on my participation in the affairs of the village, my knowledge of my hometown, and my general skills as a historian. They were not comments of an nameless, flighty political operative, venue unknown, whose knowledge base appears to embedded in controlled partisan thought and daily political-hack talking points.

You may want to critically assess the value of such insights, which most probably reflect the rantings of one that habitually LIES and maligns stakeholder residents.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 14th, 2021 at 07:53 PM.

Tony, I have been a Lancaster resident for 65 years.

My comments were based on my participation in the affairs of the village, my knowledge of my hometown, and my general skills as a historian. They were not comments of an nameless, flighty political operative, venue unknown, whose knowledge base appears to embedded in controlled partisan thought and daily political-hack talking points.

You may want to critically assess the value of such insights, which most probably reflect the rantings of one that habitually LIES and maligns stakeholder residents.
    Mark, you got caught promoting a political whore. Just admit it for crying out loud!

No surprise there.

I'm sorry I have to say I am laughing at this gem:

They were not comments of an nameless, flighty political operative, venue unknown, whose knowledge base appears to embedded in controlled partisan thought and daily political-hack talking points.
    HeHaHA - too precious Mark. You are far too easy to goat.

Too funny!

Heck, there are some very important races here in Lancaster this time around in 2021, readers.

We're going to have to keep a close eye on the conspiratorial postings of Mr. Blazejewski!

And challenge these rants at every turn.

Mark, just read your own writings here. How is that a lie?

Last edited by Breezy; January 14th, 2021 at 08:36 PM.

This thread is intended to be strictly informational. In fact, the serious reader will note that I did not endorse any candidate.

In the pursuit of a discussion of campaign issues, I point out in September, 2020, Mayor Schroeder cast a "No" vote on the furtherance of the roundabout project. Mayor Schroeder held that his vote was cast in support of, and as a voice for, those village residents who opposed the project.

In opposition to the Mayor's vote, Trustee Ruda, cited a "poll" which purportedly measured the attitude of village residents. Ruda claimed 60% supported the project, and made this comment which appeared in the September 17, 2020 edition of The Lancaster Sun:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 16th, 2021 at 09:39 AM.

If people are looking for a truly independent, non-partisan, and clearly a rising STAR for Village of Lancaster Mayor in 2021, and someone who is focused on the future of the village then - look no further that LYNNE RIDA! ( https://mayorlynneruda.com/meet-lynne/ ).

I don't think there has been anyone more qualified standing for election for this important office.

So, I guess it is no surprise that the onerous grump Blazejewski is taking up the charge to push back on Lynne's candidacy. Absolutely no surprise there. His history of promoting the most devious, devilish and sinister candidates (it's a sort of McCarthyism at the local level) is well known, and almost always it's the boorish thug type politician he promotes, as well. Sad.

But let's focus on the future, readers!!!

Talk about a breath of fresh air! Just check out Lynne's website to see for yourself her excellent credentials, and real-world experience - - - not just as an educator who, to borrow a phrase, is "Making Us Proud," with her Grammy nomination and other well-earned recognition, but just as important is her selfless commitment as a volunteer firefighter where she was honored with the "Chief's Award" in 2016. Heck, she wasn't just named 2015 Administrative Member of the Year Award from the Lancaster Fire Department, she's out there planting flowers to make the department look beautiful in the spring. Ha!

Schroeder had his chance. The hyper-partisan mayor seems stale to me when I compare his energy and credibility to that of his dynamic opponent.

Let's see, just a few stats about Lynne have to make this race a no-brainer because she is so darn qualified and relevant to be the next mayor:
    • Lifelong Lancaster resident, Village of Lancaster Trustee and the Director of Economic Development
    • Chairperson of the grants committee, part of a team bringing over $9 million back to our community through local, state, and federal grants
    • Volunteer Firefighter for the Village of Lancaster, where she learned the true meaning of service, discipline, and camaraderie
    • Dedicated music teacher at Lancaster High School
    • Board of Directors for the Lancaster Opera House

It's simply incredible, readers, that at Lancaster High School, Lynne Rida serves as the advisor of the First Responders Club, which is devoted to bringing First Responder experiences to high school students. With the decades-long difficulties throughout the region in volunteer firefighter recruitment, it is just heart-warming to see a local community leader like Lynne promoting this critical community service to continue to fill the ranks of these vital volunteer firefighters.

To me, this is quite an eye-opener. Someone truly looking out for the future of Lancaster as opposed to looking out for their next shady political move.

Schroeder is the past! Lynne Rida is the future!

It's as simple as that.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I don't think there has been anyone more qualified standing for election for this important office.

Breezy
    Just check out Lynne's website to see for yourself her excellent credentials
    I will...

I did....

From her site

She is also the chairperson of the Economic Development Committee
    What qualifies the person for this position? I see she is a music teacher.

As I have stated, I have yet to make an endorsement Res.

I understand candidate Ruda to be a talented music instructor. Absent unknown information to compel reassessment, I have no real issue with her professional status as it may apply to the race, and perhaps impact a possible Ruda administration.

However, I am troubled by the Ruda comment referred to in post #9. Surely as a teacher, she strives to honor our full Constitutional political system, and as a custodian of our children's future, holds a simple human tolerance for the ideas of others.

I am also very concerned with the generally accepted narrative surrounding the creation of the "new" Integrity Party. From what I understand, its membership is in significant part, a compendium of retreaded, dissatisfied Citizen Party members, rogue Republicans, Democrat Committee establishment types, and patronage employees.

More concerning, from what I understand, Supervisor Ruffino may have been instrumental in its conception. The VOL Trustee candidacy of his office secretary only lends support to such suspicion(s).

If the foregoing is true, as a life-long resident of Lancaster, the direct intrusion of a non-village resident town Supervisor into the political affairs of the village, raises in my mind potential issues of propriety which may negatively impact the autonomy of the village.

But, again, I have yet to make an endorsement.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 16th, 2021 at 03:04 PM.

But, again, I have yet to make an endorsement.
    You can't ineptly gas bag your way out of this one.

"I have yet to make an endorsement," LOL who would want it?

One would think that the incumbent would get a clear message out to you concerning your 'help' is highlighting his re-election candidacy: SHUT THE HECK UP! Your social media presence being a kind of wrecking ball on decency and fair play, especially your use of Red Scare tactics and other conspiratorial ramblings that if anything, result in more people laughing at your commentary than taking up your cause.

Just saying!

Being capricious and far-far-right, Blazejewski (readers may recall his 'help' on the Make NY Red Again! Facebook page and Had enough yet, on here) also bumbles his way into clearly showing readers exactly where he's coming from, or who he is endorsing. Take this one, "rogue Republicans" are behind the campaign for an upgrade in the office of mayor, he states, as if anyone not supporting the incumbent is an enemy, on some rogue mission. PLEASE! And, what the heck is a "retreaded, dissatisfied Citizen Party members," anyway? LOL, not the Citizen Party part, but the "retreaded, dissatisfied" part. So, if members who work closely or are involved in local village government feel that an overbearing opportunist needs to go, then they must be "retreaded and dissatisfied" ??

Blazejewski groans about "our full Constitutional political system," but he's full of crap.

Of course we constantly hear First Amendment 'concerns' from these right wing types, except when they want to cancel your First Amendment Right and also add the use of the dreaded 'cancel cultural' as a sort of double-whammy of hypocrisy, as seen here by Blazejewski. He attempts to deny someone their First Amendment Right and canceling their right to stand for election because of their employment status, and where there are zero restrictions from running for public office.

Blazejewski has supported other government employees who ran for Lancaster office, but, they were his cup of tea then so in his warped mindset it's OK ?????

Readers, the more you read Mr. Blazejewski, the more you should be concerned about anyone he promotes for YOUR VOTE!

Check out the drab, and arguably the most odious thread in the Lancaster section of this website for his true feelings on public policy, Had enough yet.

Remember, it's your vote!

"But, again, I have yet to make an endorsement," Blazejewski crows!

PLEASE!

From her site

She is also the chairperson of the Economic Development Committee
    Most importantly, it says she is more than a standout music teacher; although I think it could be said that as a standout music teacher, together with all the other attributes seen on her website, she clearly is more than qualified to sit in the mayor's chair. So we'll see. You can't just brush someone off as unfortunately seen already here on this thread by another poster with this race who seems to go out of his way to diminish Lynne's credentials.

The very reality that there hasn't been a contested race for village mayor since 1997 also says a lot about the current situation in the village government.

Anyway, when I was involved years ago I recall village and town board members being assigned to committees in their local governments, and it looks to me that LYNNE RIDA serves as chairperson of the committee she mentioned on her own website. You also could see that her committee has focused on grant acquisition listed, as well, to outstanding success. I'm sure the current mayor must have also been involved with that, but if anything, Lynne seems humble when she stated on her website that she was "part of a team" winning over $9 million for the village in grants. It also shows she understands the serious financial considerations all governments face, including annual budgets, and also public safety where she looks to me to be a leader helping volunteer firefighter recruitment.

Last edited by Breezy; January 18th, 2021 at 01:33 PM.

Given the negative impact that Covid restrictions have had, and continue to have, on small businesses and daily life in Lancaster, does not this priority, ascribed to Trustee Ruda in the January 14, 2021 Lancaster Sun, seem perplexing?...

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information