Thread: Bills vs. Jets Week 1 Highlights | NFL 2019

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Bills vs. Jets Week 1 Highlights | NFL 2019

Bills vs. Jets Week 1 Highlights | NFL 2019

Highlights? Well they won, that's a high. Everything else was pretty low.
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I would agree not superbowl ready. A win is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    I would agree not superbowl ready. A win is a win.
    The defense is Super Bowl or very deep playoff run good. The offense is not, right now.

One thing you have to consider is that the defense returned 10 starters from last year. The only new player is the #9 pick in the draft and a player some considered the best prospect on defense in the entire draft.

The offense is pretty much brand new. 4 of the 5 on the o-line are new to Buffalo and playing together. Still, they played well. 4 of the 5 skill players are also new to Buffalo. Only 4 players (Allen, Dawkins, DiMarco, and Jones) returned from last season. So depending on the position group, you have 7 or 8 new players on offense.

I liked what I saw from Allen yesterday. Many QBs would have packed it up after 4 turnovers. I like what they have as a team right now. They have a very, very good culture which is important. With this defense, I still think it's probable to walk into the NE game at 3-0.

Oh come on Leftie, everyone knows the whole “culture” thing is bird crap. Don’t you listen to Mike Schopp and the Bulldog? Schopp will tell you there’s no such thing. And he has a wealth of experience including, apparently, never playing an organized team sport. But he’ll tell you all about all the neat collectibles he has and that’s almost like playing.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Oh come on Leftie, everyone knows the whole “culture” thing is bird crap. Don’t you listen to Mike Schopp and the Bulldog? Schopp will tell you there’s no such thing. And he has a wealth of experience including, apparently, never playing an organized team sport. But he’ll tell you all about all the neat collectibles he has and that’s almost like playing.
    Yeah yeah...

Wish them best and be optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Yeah yeah...

Wish them best and be optimistic.
    WNY, I am optimistic. I think they’ve got a pretty good team there. And if the offense can stay healthy I’m hopeful they’ll really get rolling after a couple of games. Not that it matters, but it seems pretty clear (at least to me but I could be wrong)
    that McDermott is a pretty religious guy. Schopp and Bulldog have been clear on the air about their contempt for religion and I think they trash McDermott over things like “culture” because they lack the stones to go on the air and trash him over his beliefs. The attacks over culture are a surrogate target for the real target of their contempt.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post

Which is the one that sounds like he is choking on a jelly doughnut? LOL.

The challenge with Buffalo sports media is even though it has 2 professional teams, it's not in a big enough market to justify quality reporting to the level that can fill 8hrs a day on the radio and a sports section in print....regardless of how small the BN makes it.

What some fools don't grasp is that the reason why NE has had the success it has is because of their culture. Yes, Brady and Belichick are there and they do what they do but there have been countless QBs and countless great defensive coaches who have not won like they have. Notice how they always seem to pick up players with issues but somehow those players fall in line while playing in Boston? Ya, that's culture.

30 years ago it was 'circle the wagons' and now it's 'trust the process'...don't know if this team will come close to the success of those teams but it's the same playbook they are running in terms of the locker room.

Thread Information