Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Totes are coming to Lancaster

In a town robocall made by Supervisor Coleman today she apologized for the confusion occurring on the new trash pickup contract. She said residents would receive a letter for clarification.

I wonder if this is the same letter that was promised at the January 8th town board meeting and never sent. Promised at the January 22nd meeting and where attendees were told the letter had been mailed that very day, but never sent.

What could possibly go wrong when many elder residents in our subdivision do not have computers, where others never visit the town website, and where others still screwed up on their new pickup date. Fortunately, I and other neighbors made the effort to disseminate information because we knew the town and Waste Management failed to their attempt to cover all bases; no promised letters were mailed.

Today, with the high wind gusts carts and totes were strewn over many roads and streets in the town and village; often the contents as well when the trash wasn’t picked up yet.
    Many residents are still unaware that the bar code on the carts are there for your external identification as well. The Waste Management brochure informs residents they can mark the inside of the lid to identify their carts. What purpose does this serve when all the lids will be closed after the arm operation goes into effect. Record that bar code number for external identification purpose if needed.

BTW – Hearing several resident report on ill-fitting lids.

These new cans are also extremely top heavy. They blow over quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    In a town robocall made by Supervisor Coleman today she apologized for the confusion occurring on the new trash pickup contract. She said residents would receive a letter for clarification.

I wonder if this is the same letter that was promised at the January 8th town board meeting and never sent. Promised at the January 22nd meeting and where attendees were told the letter had been mailed that very day, but never sent.

What could possibly go wrong when many elder residents in our subdivision do not have computers, where others never visit the town website, and where others still screwed up on their new pickup date. Fortunately, I and other neighbors made the effort to disseminate information because we knew the town and Waste Management failed to their attempt to cover all bases; no promised letters were mailed.

Today, with the high wind gusts carts and totes were strewn over many roads and streets in the town and village; often the contents as well when the trash wasn’t picked up yet.
    Many residents are still unaware that the bar code on the carts are there for your external identification as well. The Waste Management brochure informs residents they can mark the inside of the lid to identify their carts. What purpose does this serve when all the lids will be closed after the arm operation goes into effect. Record that bar code number for external identification purpose if needed.

BTW – Hearing several resident report on ill-fitting lids.
    They also sent out an email -
    Message from Lancaster, Town of, NY
    Date: Fri, Feb 8, 2019 4:04 pm

Please see the Town of Lancaster web site: www.lancasterny.gov for important information concerning garbage collection, totes & collection days
    As far as the mailer, the WM rep on the Monday meeting recording again stated it should be received in a few days which he also said 4.5 weeks ago.
    Councilman Dawn Gaczewski stated to the WM rep, I know you sent the mailer to the post office and I know bulk mail doesn't get there as quickly as we'd like.

I guess they're blaming the post office.

Georgia L Schlager

Jeez,

I thought only undertakers picked-up and delivered on weekend nights.

Our totes arrived at 6:02 p.m. tonight. The way they were pushed off the flatbed reminded me of a war movie where the airborne was jumping.

At any rate, yes, they are heavy and big. But good news for me. My wife, who has become a tote supporter, can nearly fit into one, so the next time she gets pissed, no more sleeping on the couch for me, as she now has her own little niche .

I didn't receive my new totes yet. I had a 5'x7' area rug to get rid of.
    Instead of cutting it up for bulk pick up, I threw it in my second tote.

I will miss my second tote. I'll make my decision in June.
    I have a very wet back yard until about mid-June and am unable to get all the cuttings in that I can get done in the front.
    So, sometimes, the grass is just too wet or long to mulch.

Georgia L Schlager

Ah, our first full experience with totes: A story worthy of the pen of Aristophanes.

The wife, reading with authoritative purpose from the "Waste Management" bible, guided my every move in order to apply the stringent requirements. No worries, the totes, although heavy and awkward, were appropriately secured and placed with compliant skill and care.

What BS!

Satisfying the requirements of Waste Management, requires the spirited dedication and commitment of a "Little Orphan Annie Junior Commando."

Become a "Lancaster Tote Trooper." Join Today!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 11th, 2019 at 07:39 AM.

Totes arrived while I was at work. No written material accompanied them. So my neighbor to the south who has his recycling out on the wrong week won't know that.
    Also. how in the heck can I comply with the closed lids policy when my lids won't close?

Georgia L Schlager

We did receive the "Bible" with the delivery Saturday. The "Little General" told me to suggest that you check the bottom of the tote for the written stuff.

Just an additional observation Gorja.

The intersection of Walden and Central, extending southward to Hinchey: Tote delivery at 3:25 p.m.

That intersection at that time of day. Seriously?

Makes one wonder if Brown Chiari has stock in Waste Management.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 11th, 2019 at 05:25 PM.

When I go out later, I'll look on the bottom. Thank the little woman for me.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    When I go out later, I'll look on the bottom. Thank the little woman for me.
    If she permits me to speak at the dinner table, I certainly will.

Nothing, inside, outside or underneath

Georgia L Schlager

Nothing, inside, outside or underneath
    If you need a copy Gorja, I can share mine with you.

Totes arrived while I was at work. No written material accompanied them. So my neighbor to the south who has his recycling out on the wrong week won't know that.
    Also. how in the heck can I comply with the closed lids policy when my lids won't close?

Thank God that you have a computer, attend town board meetings and have knowledge of what's going on and can help your neighbors.

This has been a cluster-f*** of major proportions by the town and Waste Management. Anyone get a mailer yet?

The lid closure complaints have been numerous.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    If you need a copy Gorja, I can share mine with you.
    Thanks Mark. I had gotten everything off the website as soon as it was available. For those, who don't look at the website or read local papers are the ones in the dark.
    I'll probably put a concrete block on each tote to get the lids down. Maybe it's because of the winter cold that they're stiff.

Georgia L Schlager

Yesterday, a resident put out a small kid's bed, a 4'x6' rug and a dresser.
    The resident thought that they would make it easier for WM by removing the two drawers.
    So, WM took the dresser and the 2 drawers as their 3 items and left the bed and the rug

Georgia L Schlager

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information