Page 15 of 274 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

I also took Obama to task when he made mistakes, and he definitely made mistakes, however, I'm not nor do I support the Democrats and I'm certainly not regurgitating left wing talking points without basis.

The fact is, he lies consistently. Those lies are documented. The fact is the Trump Administrations version of "Health Care" has nothing to do with Health Care as much as it is a tax cut for the rich and the Medical and Pharmaceutical companies. The fact is that defunding Planned parenthood, 1, does not stop women from getting abortions and 2, Planned Parenthood is a primary care giver for millions of women - and some men. The hit on Medicaid is even more profound and for someone in his 50's who lost most of his financial future, admittedly based on bad life decisions and bad timing for the most part, seeing cuts to something I may have to depend on after I get to the next stage of life is terrifying.

Now a talking point would be this ridiculous notion that we need to abandon cleaner energy sources for coal, which has been slashed mostly due to regulations; regulations put into place for good reason. Coal is a filthy, destructive and antiquated industry. To me, I don't get why anyone would want to embrace a system of energy based on an 1800's train engine....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

To me, I don't get why anyone would want to embrace a system of energy based on an 1800's train engine....
    I guess I'm someone who likes dirty water and air. Also, the older I get, the colder I get. Global Warming seems to be the perfect RX for downhill circulation.

No accounting for personal needs and tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I guess I'm someone who likes dirty water and air. Also, the older I get, the colder I get. Global Warming seems to be the perfect RX for downhill circulation.

No accounting for personal needs and tastes.
    ....until it get's to a point where it's 100+ degree heat index everyday. That just kills me more and more, the older (and hotter) it gets.
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    ....until it get's to a point where it's 100+ degree heat index everyday. That just kills me more and more, the older (and hotter) it gets.
    HipKat, seriously, if there was a broad consensus among scientist I could take the issue much more seriously. But, if my memory is correct, in the '70s and 80s, the earth, according to some scientists, was headed toward a new Ice Age. Now, many of those exact same individuals, say we are going to burn.

Which of their statistics/data bases are correct?

From what I understand, I am very suspicious when it appears that the statistics and data, when not contradictory and manipulated, appear to reflect insignificant changes to the climate. Surely, if the issue were not "polluted" by interests on either side, there would be a broad-based, fact-ground, consensus, and the data would indicate such significant changes.

As such, as a non-scientist, I need to see an overwhelming consensus among scientists, based on fact, before I reject or accept, the whole Global Warming thing.

I am not saying you are wrong. I am not saying those rejecting Global Warming are right. I merely submit, that for the present, I see no incontrovertible scientific evidence which justifies destroying, by regulatory fiat, current technologies and industries.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 25th, 2017 at 10:36 AM.

You know the show Deadliest Catch?? I watch that religiously. This it's 12th season. One thing that was always a given was that in the winter fishing season, they'd always be fighting the ice pack as it moved down out of the arctic. Fighting to get their crab before the ice took their gear. Fighting to keep the boats from getting overly iced up. But for the last 5 years, the ice pack hasn't existed. That's not an event, it's a trend. Every year for how many years now has the overall temperatures gone up?? And man, there IS a broad consensus amoungst scientists. It's just overshadowed by the people who deny climate change and have the capital to fund a few who claim to be scientists, and probably are, to have a louder voice in the media as they shout out so called facts to deny the change.

Do you know in Northern Russia, near parts of Siberia, climate change has been so profound, it's actually boosting their economy? Opening up ports and shipping routes that used to be closed in the winter through the north seas. Crop yields are up significantly in north Russia and China and have been trending upward for almost 50 years. Fifty! That's a trend. There is plenty of scientific evidence outside of pictures of icebergs breaking off. Real evidence. Just have to look for it

https://forcechange.com/936/climate-...enefit-russia/
    http://environmentalresearchweb.org/...cle/news/48491
    HipKat's Blog

You know the show Deadliest Catch?? I watch that religiously. This it's 12th season. One thing that was always a given was that in the winter fishing season, they'd always be fighting the ice pack as it moved down out of the arctic. Fighting to get their crab before the ice took their gear. Fighting to keep the boats from getting overly iced up. But for the last 5 years, the ice pack hasn't existed. That's not an event, it's a trend. Every year for how many years now has the overall temperatures gone up?? And man, there IS a broad consensus amoungst scientists. It's just overshadowed by the people who deny climate change and have the capital to fund a few who claim to be scientists, and probably are, to have a louder voice in the media as they shout out so called facts to deny the change.

Do you know in Northern Russia, near parts of Siberia, climate change has been so profound, it's actually boosting their economy? Opening up ports and shipping routes that used to be closed in the winter through the north seas. Crop yields are up significantly in north Russia and China and have been trending upward for almost 50 years. Fifty! That's a trend. There is plenty of scientific evidence outside of pictures of icebergs breaking off. Real evidence. Just have to look for it

HipKat, I am always interested in learning more. I'll check-out those links and suggested programs. Thank you.

Global warming is real HipKat. Anyone that denies that is a fool. You can already see its devastating effects. Determining the extent humans contribute to it, controlling its cause and/or adapting to it is complex and costly.

Here's something to consider:

http://breaking.projectveritas.com/cnnpart2.html

Project Veritas|American Pravda: CNN
    -- Project Veritas' American Pravda: CNN continues today with a video of left-leaning political commentator Van Jones caught on camera plainly stating that
    BREAKING.PROJECTVERITAS.COM

Here's something to consider:

Project Veritas|American Pravda: CNN
    -- Project Veritas' American Pravda: CNN continues today with a video of left-leaning political commentator Van Jones caught on camera plainly stating that
    BREAKING.PROJECTVERITAS.COM
    Trump won a big victory this week when CNN had to fire three reports for "Fake News." He started to turn a corner, and the public began to catch on to the obsessive and vitriolic hatred with which the media applies to President Trump.

Just when he was winning, he steps on his own positive message, when he tweets this:

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    I heard poorly rated @Morning_Joe speaks badly of me (don't watch anymore). Then how come low I.Q. Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe, came..
    8:52 AM - 29 Jun 2017
    17,979 17,979 Retweets 62,871 62,871 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Follow
    Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    ...to Mar-a-Lago 3 nights in a row around New Year's Eve, and insisted on joining me. She was bleeding badly from a face-lift. I said no!
    8:58 AM - 29 Jun 2017

President Trump is constantly abused by the media, but "Two stupids don't make a smart." He is much better than that.

I really wish he would save the "Tweeting" for those occurrences when it is necessary to bypass the left-wing media, in order to get his message out, in the national interest. His agenda is TOO important, and his time is too valuable, to react to the "trash talking" media with the instincts of a home-alone nine-year with smart phone.

He would be well advised to follow the caution "When you get into a p****contest with a skunk, you come out smelling like p****.

NOT SMART!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 29th, 2017 at 08:18 PM.

Mark, I would agree with you if there were an serious alternative for showing the daily lies that spew from the media. One of the things that keeps media panties in a bunch is they know that when they lie the Donald will shove it right up their ass. The NYT was left scrambling to develop further layers of lies to cover the lies it reported about Trump and the Russians after Trump blasted them after Comey uncovered the truth in the congressional hearings.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Mark, I would agree with you if there were an serious alternative for showing the daily lies that spew from the media. One of the things that keeps media panties in a bunch is they know that when they lie the Donald will shove it right up their ass. The NYT was left scrambling to develop further layers of lies to cover the lies it reported about Trump and the Russians after Trump blasted them after Comey uncovered the truth in the congressional hearings.
    Hey Grump,

I know that the lefties are sticking it to Trump. I take no comfort in seeing him get beat up with their lies, their bulls*** fiction, and their vicious attacks on a daily basis.

But what troubles me, frustrates me, is that, up to this point, he seems to habitually to squander all of his public relations victories. The media has significantly discredited themselves. With that discreditation, I think, I hope, that Trump can simply marginalize, or more accurately, ignore the INDIVIDUAL attackers.

Of course, when absolutely necessary, he can rebut their falsehoods with facts. But I think a tit-for-tat name calling contest with the jerks, only elevates them, and expands the wallets of their corporate sponsors. (CNN admitted that.)

I think it preferable that his criticisms should focus on the collective prejudices of the media, academia, and the other component groups of the left, and how they have united in a conspicuous, concerted effort to undermine the Trump agenda, and to subvert the electoral process.

For example Grump, look at what happened today. A was great day for the Trump administration: the so-called "Travel Ban," or more accurately, prudent vetting, took effect; Kate's Law passed the House; sanctions on banks supporting the rogue and dangerous North Korean dog-eater were imposed; and the Trump policy of peace through strength appears to have stopped a chemical attack by the Assad regime.

But, what is the freaking sycophantic left-wing media talking about?: Two pathetic, left wing propaganda mouth pieces, and how they have been victimized by the unfair, big bully in the White House. The media did not, and certainly will not, focus on the venomous garbage which led to the President's Tweet. They, are a lost cause.

The leftees only want to tear Trump down. The President does not need to help them.

Thanks for responding Grump.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 29th, 2017 at 10:12 PM.

I'm really getting tired of this. It's time the media people step it up more to defend themselves so blowhards like Grump, etc don't completely buy into this nonsense that the media is constantly lying to us. THAT is the lie. The problem dimwits that support Trump don't like what they're hearing and can't really defend it when t he 70 yr old man baby keeps wagging his lips, errr, fingers on Twitter and talking about things he doesn't know anything about. (Research the Senate Republicans that came out to announce that Trump doesn't really even know what's in their Health Care Bill). I like when CNN's camera rolled and taped every second of Trump accusing them of turning their cameras off....

TRUMP is the liar, not the media. Christ, even the Right Wing's beloved Fox News is taking him to task. It's not a lie when they quote actual things he says. It's not a lie when they show actual video of Trump saying the things he does. It's not a lie when they use actual facts to demonstrate their points.

Yes, the lefties want to tear Trump down and he does EVERYTHING to help them.

On top of that, speaking of lies, I'm getting real tired of the constant attack on the left when based on more Right Wing lies and denials. The left gets accused of obstructionism yet the right denies they obstructed Obama for 8 years, even though they freaking publicly announced that was their intention, for example. I do not understand how you support someone who hates you. You're not a Wall Street billionaire, not one of you, but you'd like to see him cut taxes to people who hate you? They HATE you. You stand up for a man, i use that term loosely, who is a national embarrassment. I listened to his press conference today.

Why is that when he speaks, it sounds like he's at an awards banquet and why does no one take him to task for lying about coal producing "millions and millions of new jobs"? Meh, it's really not worth trying or typing another word because I can already see the replies by the brain washed right, or in the case of Lefty, who "isn't a Trump supporter", even though he's done nothing BUT support him on here....

smmfh
    Last edited by HipKat; June 29th, 2017 at 11:19 PM.
    HipKat's Blog

TRUMP is the liar, not the media.
    That is not entirely true HipKat.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/26/medi...cle/index.html

3 journalists form one network do not make up that network NOR the entire media. And the problem wasn't that they lied, but that standard editorial procedures weren't followed and yes, he is a goddamned liar, I already proved that by posting his lies of 2017. Something else the Right denies, even though every single statement was said by Trump and was a blatant lie. You should go tell your kids, "Kids, I support a dishonest liar that hates people like us" and see how that works
    HipKat's Blog

or in the case of Lefty, who "isn't a Trump supporter", even though he's done nothing BUT support him on here....

IF the "Lefty" handle is intended as an reference to me:

(1) I have NEVER said that I am "not a Trump supporter." I stated clearly, and exactly, that, while Trump was not my first choice, I voted for him, and for the most part, support his policies.

(2) I certainly can not, and do not, support what I perceive to be the contemporary left's rather sick, hysterical, and divisive identity politics/special interest agenda, which, based upon my understanding of history, contradicts the historic, traditional, and seemingly main stream values of what used to be the Democrat Party.

(3) As you apparently failed read my posts in their entirety, equally, you appear to have failed to comprehend what I have been saying. Therefore, you discredit yourself.

(4) What separates me, from the apparent likes of you, is that I can criticize my own side. This is not the former Soviet Union or Nazi Germany. As such, I do not hold that a thinking supporter need be a sycophant, a mind-numbed robot, or a fair weather advocate, whose criticism is a mere reaction preceived popular sentiments.

I hope this addresses with clear finality, where I stand.

Thread Information