Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Collins Should Resign Today!

In connection with my suspicions of Collins' response to the Grabber question about a plea deal having been offered in April, I have another question. If a deal was in fact offered, and was as significant as has been suggested, and the charges would be reduced to misdemeanors, why would this observation appear in the Buffalo News of September 13, 2018?:

But this move is also seen as last resort, since a Collins appointment would require him to resign from Congress – a move he has so far resisted, possibly to retain leverage for potential plea negotiations in the future with federal prosecutors. And he would not have to resign from Congress as a Town Council candidate.
    https://buffalonews.com/2018/09/12/s...m=more_stories

Just throwing it out here.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I have speculated such would be the case since listening to Tom Reynolds on August 19.

I am sure your source is most probably correct, although the most credible source is one's own common sense. To wit, time is the huge indicator. The longer this goes on without a replacement, the more obvious it is that Lord Collins will stay on the ballot.

What I simply still do not understand is why Langworthy permitted this high-profile "Dog and Pony" show which only served to possibly weaken public perceptions of his first string players, especially visa v the County Executive race in 2019.
    I agree Mark, the GOP created their own mess and they should now live with it. Both Langworthy and Collins were well aware of the fact that he was under investigation for insider trading. We will know for sure by September 19th. That's the deadline for the party's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherview View Post
    I agree Mark, the GOP created their own mess and they should now live with it. Both Langworthy and Collins were well aware of the fact that he was under investigation for insider trading. We will know for sure by September 19th. That's the deadline for the party's decision.
    Hardwick just interviewed Grabber on "Hardline." Shoes to start dropping tomorrow to be followed by court challenges.

Let's try to remember that the election is about the people of NY-27, and not about the virtue of Nick Langworthy and Chris Collins.

In that connection, since possible challenges will be based on the technicalities of the election law, it seems to me that if a circumstance would occur which would lend itself to Republican compliance with the law, the Democrats would be rather disingenuous if they obstruct, or unduly delay, with a narrow legal argument(s), the legally-prescribe electoral process.

My problem is the alleged Collins corruption, not an untainted Republican alternative. If the Republicans, by some miracle, can manage to comply with the law, the goals of removing Collins from the ballot, and getting him the Hell out of Congress, would have be fulfilled. However, for the Democrats to gratuitously attempt to block a duly selected candidate, suggests that the Democrats may be opportunistically attempting to deprive the voters of a legitimate, untainted alternative to Mr. MacMurray.

Also, bear in mind that Collins, warts and all, still has a decent shot at winning this thing. Therefore, I must ask why risk having that Bozo re-elected and representing our interests while he is out on bail, and then, possibly being removed if convicted?

Irrespective of popular perceptions, Collins simply did not commit himself to resigning if re-elected. Carefully parse these words from the Grabber interview:

DAVE: So, you believe your last day will be December 31st?

COLLINS: Correct.
    The operative word is "believe," hardly a firm commitment.

Potentially, who needs all of the twisted crap that a Collins re-election, trial, removal, and subsequent special election would bring?

I don't know about you, I just want Collins out, and for the people of the 27th to have a reliable, untainted voice in Congress, whether that voice be Mr. MacMurray's, or that of a Republican.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 16th, 2018 at 11:19 AM.

From: https://buffalonews.com/2018/09/17/c...sional-ballot/

Rep. Chris Collins will stay on the congressional ballot in November even though he remains under indictment on insider trading charges, according to four sources familiar with the situation.

The sources, who asked not to be identified, say Collins has heeded the advice of his criminal attorneys who fear the potential complications of protracted election law challenges almost sure to be initiated by Democrats if he removed his name from the congressional ballot.

“It’s very fair to say there’s been a drastic shift,” said one of the sources, referring to the congressman’s earlier commitment to cooperate with local GOP officials and step aside for a substitute candidate. One GOP source noted the decision has always remained an option for Collins and that Republican strategists were prepared for his continuing presence on the ballot; but other sources remain unhappy that the move derails efforts to find a substitute candidate.

Erie County GOP Chairman Nick Langworthy said during an afternoon news conference that he felt like a “groom jilted at the altar” after Collins changed course.

A Collins lawyer confirmed the congressman's plans after The Buffalo News uncovered the story.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Thanks for posting dt. What a shock, eh?

Thanks for posting dt. What a shock, eh?
    I did not see them getting him off the ballot no matter what.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Between a law permitting very narrow legal possibilities, and two rather manipulative main players, we could be blind and still see this coming.

Thanks for all of your input and insight on this thread sir.

I agree. No one form Clarence was willing to step down and he didn't meet the residency requirements elsewhere.
    So is LANGWORTHY FULL OF CRAP WHEN HE SAID THEY HAD A PLAN??

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    I agree. No one form Clarence was willing to step down and he didn't meet the residency requirements elsewhere.
    So is LANGWORTHY FULL OF CRAP WHEN HE SAID THEY HAD A PLAN??
    As I understand the Constitutional requirements Gorja, residency is not specifically required.

But as far as Langworthy being "full of crap:" SPOT ON as a wise man is fond of saying.

Let's try to remember that the election is about the people of NY-27, and not about the virtue of Nick Langworthy and Chris Collins.
    So, on this thread you want the election to be about "the people" while on the Lancaster Town Justice threads you viciously attack Dems and try (failed) to make them the issue.

Dude, you are all over the place!

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    So, on this thread you want the election to be about "the people" while on the Lancaster Town Justice threads you viciously attack Dems and try (failed) to make them the issue.

Dude, you are all over the place!

Your pathetic when discredited.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Spot on, Mark! LMAO.

Too often in the past the Republican Party took the high road in election campaigns and it cost them dearly. Unfortunately, in today’s political climate a roll in the mud has become the paradigm. Sojka’s questions and comments to Breezy (especially Breezy) were relevant and appropriate.

However, what particularly drew my attention was this paragraph written by Breezy:

Yet, with the Trump university scandal where middle class people were scammed out of all their money in some cases, or Trump using undocumented aliens in his projects, or the trail of unpaid contractor debts linked to this man that cost families a lot of their money, apartment sales scams, and all the rest, then you somehow bring up a minor arrest of someone who has led an exemplary life and somehow that is a why people should support who you say they should support ????? The thing happened in 1992 for crying out loud.

Breezy’s Trump analogous reference was irrelevant and unrelated to local town politics.

Stating that an individual’s history should play no role in current politics regarding integrity and credibility flies in the face of his constant barrage of past history references to the likes of past Supervisor Fudoli and a cast of former Republican Party office holders, candidates and even their supporters.

Dare to be anything but a member of the Democratic Party, you’re an ‘idiot’ and game for political correctness and/or social warrior identity politic savagery.

Dare to vote for any candidate other than a Democrat in Breezy’s world and expect to be mocked and considered a clown, castigated and fit for public ridicule. His mantra is that of former Party boss Frank Max who dared to publicly remark at a Democratic Party fundraising function: “They may not be the best candidates, but they are our candidates and victory is most important.”

Often Breezy’s team succeeds because of a disorganized, inept Ralph Mohr club, indifferent or lazy Republican Party registered voters, a local Independence Party membership that was once infiltrated by and still influenced by the Democratic Party and a biased media.

Lastly, Breezy doesn’t answer questions, he just throws shade. He asks us to forget or forgive past Dem sins but rails against everything Republican; never once recognizing the positive things that happened under the Fudoli administration (4 consecutive years of tax cut budgets, the sale of the Colecraft Building, Library and dilapidated Dog Control facility, the construction of the police building, etc.) but savaging him at every opportunity for activities outside the political spectrum. I would suggest a little more civility Breezy as there are a lot of skeletons in the Democratic Party closet. Next year's general election is more than year off and its already getting nasty.

https://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sh...et-off-the-pot!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 18th, 2018 at 07:52 AM.

It's the soup kitchen all over again!

Oh, the horror.

I bet Jeremy is a nervous wreck with your "support" on here, you made a mess of it yesterday and Jeremy is probably ashamed of your endorsement.

Yeah, during National Suicide Prevention Month the soup kitchen dude writes, "What SHAPE does a dull knife have? There are ways of determining a knife's sharpness, but please don't run one over your wrists or across your throat."

Stick to the soup kitchen, pal!

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    It's the soup kitchen all over again!

Oh, the horror.

I bet Jeremy is a nervous wreck with your "support" on here, you made a mess of it yesterday and Jeremy is probably ashamed of your endorsement.

Yeah, during National Suicide Prevention Month the soup kitchen dude writes, "What SHAPE does a dull knife have? There are ways of determining a knife's sharpness, but please don't run one over your wrists or across your throat."

Stick to the soup kitchen, pal!

Oh, BTW, so there is no misunderstanding, my comments cautioning "Breezy" NOT to test knife sharpness responded to this "Breezy" quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy

But this "Breezi" certainly takes the cake, being ABSENT since February 2018 and comes to Jeremy's defense literally one day AFTER the all-important primary election. Yeah, this Breezi is shape, about as shape as the dullest knife in the drawer. Dude - you blew it!
    "Breezy" apparently thinks you can tell the dullness, or sharpness, of a knife by the shape of a knife.
    No one of reasonable intelligence would make such an observation.

In turn, this was my ENTIRE response concerning the "knife sharpness- safety" issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski

What SHAPE does a dull knife have? There are ways of determining a knife's sharpness, but please don't run one over your wrists or across your throat.
    See reader, I was pointing out the fact that "Breezy," apparently is so stupid, that he thinks a knife's sharpness can be determined by its shape. To wit "Breezy," the stupid, needs to be alerted to dangers.
    Just the Good Samaritan in me.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 18th, 2018 at 08:10 AM.

I forgot to add. Your pathetic when discredited.

Your pathetic when discredited.
    *You're

--------

What you call "discredited" I have to call "earning a merit badge!"

HaHa!

Lee has been attacking Dems for decades, and the others, too. So, when someone finally stands up to them (yes, since Aug. 2013 for me), and in their own language, the whining comes out.

Boo hoo!

My fav was from shortstuff, during one of the elections, bemoaning: "with this Breezy it's not fun anymore," something like that.

Sounds like a win to me!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information