Hey Mark:

Thanks for sharing.

While it appears we both share our dislike for Biden and Trump, your concern over the history and politics of Shanahan and her potential influence over Kennedy is not shared by me. As a Democrat she was free to support whoever she chose from her party. Since aligning with Kennedy (a Democrat becoming an Independent) she appears to have taken on his agenda. As such, her history becomes irrelevant IMHO. Hopefully, Kennedy and Shanahan will remain moderate liberals and not succumb to the fringe radical left as Biden has done.

A lifelong unaffiliated registered voter, a generator older than you, I have come to see Biden over his political career as being weak in leadership skills, a lying flip flopper, crass and a nasty, vindictive, self-aggrandizing and totally inept in advancing policies that have put our country in a position of decline; one that is less safe and secure than ever in my lifetime. The great uniter? I don’t think so!

Trump is no better than Biden and may likely lose to Biden in the end because how much of the thug Trump can anyone take. Apparently, his spineless political cohorts will continue to kiss his ring and endorse him, ride with him to possible defeat, well knowing that Haley had a better opportunity of defeating Biden.

While you appear fixated and concerned about Shanahan as vice-president, how can one not be equally concerned about the inept Kamala Harris in that position – and/or Trumps running mate who may have spoken ill of Trump during the primary campaign but will fawn all over him to get the position.

What will be important in the next seven months is what comes out of Kennedy’s mouth, how the media slices & dices him to diminish his chance of winning, how far left he drifts.

Truth-to-power: Shanahan’s influence so far is her money!