As president Obama and vice-president Biden fawn over each other and congratulate each other while declaring: “We said we could and we did,” many Americans believed the Hope and Change program excluded them from the process and wanted a change in direction.

I found today’s Douglas Turner’s column very interesting and much in alignment in what I thought of Obama’s legacy.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/13/tu...ely-invisible/

The last sentence was very poignant: Yet polls show that Obama has rarely been more popular. Maybe he should be, considering who is moving into the Oval Office four days from now.

Obama: a great orator, a likeable guy, but an empty suit in so many ways. Yet he was fawned on by the media, academia, and Hollywood celebrities and could do no wrong in governing his 57 states.

I find it difficult to believe that even the strongest Trump supporter cannot but shudder at some of repulsive comments made by him, as well as some of the outlandish claims made by him in how he is going to s govern. Those astute in the workings of the political world well understand what Trump says and what will transpire will not be the same. He has already walked back many of his claims and one has to be pleased that his cabinet nominees are contradicting his statements.

What the left refuses to accept is that they created Trump and cannot accept they lost the election to this man. Trump won primarily because his opponent was Hillary Clinton; bringing along a ton of garage and so despised by many they would not vote for her under any circumstance, and even more so with her assailing Trump supporters as a half-basket of deplorables.

Many Trump supporters did not vote for Trump because of his persona or what he was selling in total, but for a change in direction. Trump will be held just as accountable by his supporters and especially by a media who detests him.

Finally, the Democratic Party will have a difficult time getting back party supporters or new party members if it continues petulant approach to delegitimize Trump’s election win or to disrupt everything Trump. That has become alienating factor.