New Hope For Old Mt. St. Marys?

Dave McKinley, WGRZ, November 27, 2015

NIAGARA FALLS, NY – The abandoned Mt. St Mary's Hospital at 515 6th street has been a vacant eyesore for nearly 20 years, which Niagara Falls Mayor Paul Dyster hopes can someday be reclaimed for a useful purpose.
"I can't tell you there's an active redevelopment project on the way... but it's a building that is very prominent and I think it would be an important symbol for the neighborhood to see something positive happening there. I think that's next on the agenda in terms of what we're doing in that part of the city," Dyster told WGRZ-TV.

The sprawling complex, which covers nearly one-half of a city block, began as a hospital more than 100 years ago. It served as such until 1965, when the current Mount St. Mary's was built in Lewiston. The building then became St. Mary's Manor, a nursing home, and functioned as such until being shuttered in the 1990s.

The property owner, according to the city assessor's office, is Dulzura Inc., which lists as its address a post office box in Las Vegas, Nevada...
Full story here: http://www.wgrz.com/story/news/2015/...alls/76272668/