I read in the "News" this past weekend that two homeowner associations are going to continue the legal challenge of the store proposed for Sheridan & Bailey Ave. A recent court finding once again decided in favor of the developer and that the next challenge would be difficult to achieve do to the few cases heard in a year (selective) by the higher courts. My question is who is financing these court challenges? The homeowners associations cannot be funding these on their own and I just wonder if a TB member is a party to this with taxpayer money defending his position? Once again we talk of redeveloping our older established retail areas, but we seem to throw various roadblocks in the way that sends a message to the development community not to invest in this town (forget the proposed project on Maple Road).
I wonder if this town had not exhibited such a overzealous decision making process with projects, whether Yahoo may have been built in our town? Fast track projects are a thing of the past, so communities that can exhibit some cooperation in a short window of opportunity, will be the winners.