Its a shame a handful of our citizens choose to commit violent acts against others. I am not arguing the need for control of fire arm sales - I am supportive of individual rights to own guns to protect ones self , family , target shoot , or hunting.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That said I read and watch many "News Outlets" versions of how to stem the violence.

It makes many of us nervous when we hear words like "confiscation" - "Assault weapons" - "High Power" and many other misleading/inflammatory verbiage.

They are now using terms like "block or limit the number of high-performance rifles" - and "At the state government level, there have been discussions about ways to discourage local municipalities from allowing future gun shows on public property"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After being contacted by the Buffalo News, "Volunteer firefighters in Newstead, whose hall was rented out for one of the gun shows today and Sunday, told The Buffalo News they are concerned about sponsoring the show, but point out the rental agreement for their hall was made months ago"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems not only is our Government acting to interfere with legal gun sales - but the mainstream media uses their suggestive questions and statements to also interfere or intimidate. They prod those they interview with statements like, "Don't you care about Colorado - aren't you concerned with the safety of our children" - how would any reasonable person answer that question?

As with most things Politicians and their media do - they use other peoples tragedies to propel their own agenda's.

One of the true issues here is drugs - not just illegal drugs - but the ones parents have been getting prescribed for their children.

If a young child has "High energy" - "Cant focus on tasks" - "Is unmanageable" - "Attention deficit" - well its become all to common for Doctors to easily prescribe "Mind/Mood altering drugs".

Read the stories of most if not all those recently who have committed these terrible shooting sprees. Each and everyone has had documented "Social Issues" - "Metal Problems" -

Maybe we as a society need to look at the true causes for these horrific out bursts -

Just a short rant - or my 2 cents !