Recently I read where Brian Higgins has delivered an ultimatum to the Peace Bridge Authority. Either get the shovels into the ground within 1 year or he will recommend that federal aid money for the project be taken away and used elsewhere!

While I applaud Rep. Higgin"s kick in the ass to the PBA, I am forced to wonder why any taxpayer money should be necessary to finance this project???

Not when there is a practical, privately financed alternative!

The hard facts as put forth by the PBA is that they will require $110 million dollars of taxpayer money to get this project done!!!The AmbassadorNiagara Bridge Group's proposal requires NONE!!!!! Not one thin dime!!

The PBA and Rep Higgins both agree that this money is for a scaled down proposal, not Tony Masiello's and the New Millenium Groups dream of a signature, world class "Welcome to Buffalo and the USA" bridge. Actually the $110 million is for a twin span companion bridge which will mimic the existing structure.

The AmbassadorNiagara's proposal is for a signature trucks only bridge a little further north of the existing bridge.

The best the PBA can do is recommend that all customs, warehousing and associated jobs be performed on the canadian side!!! What a stupid idea!!!

The AmbassadorNiagara proposal is redevelopment of the Black Rock neighborhood and the jobs and development would go here, not in Ft.Erie! What a great idea!!!!

The PBA states that they are not worried about anyone else building a bridge because they have "exclusive rights within 5 miles of the current bridge". This smacks of an arrogant goverment patronage entity that thumbs it's nose at the taxpayers who are forced to finance their arrogance!!

Why do we taxpayers allow this to continue??? Why??? It's a question we should ask ourselves more often.

The new bridge is possibly the most important project to the future growth of Buffalo and it's suburbs. I, for one am not willing to leave it in the hands of these worthless *******s at the Peace Bridge Authority!