To set the record straight, Brenda Christopher, Lancaster Board of Education vice president, made the following comments during the Lancaster Central School District Board Report session of the regular meeting to dispel community rumors and incorrect blog postings that have appeared on Speakupwny.com.

Christopher comments

We know how people like to indulge in the personal lives of elected officials. As of recent, I find myself in this position as elected vice president of this school board.
When I started on this journey, I never thought of this as political. It didn’t take long for me to see how very political this position really is, and to adjust to that personally. I am about to complete my second year on this board and couldn’t be more proud of this district. I could ramble on for hours about the positives in this district. That is not the reason I asked for a few minutes to speak with you.

I would like to dismiss a few rumors that have been floating around the community and from bloggers on Speakupwny.com. First and foremost, I am not a teacher at Lancaster. I am in fact a second grade special education teacher at the Cheektowaga Central School District.

I do not profit at all from any decisions I make or vote on with my fellow board members.

On the subject of my daughters (that have been mentioned), I am very proud to announce that my eldest daughter has been accepted to Nardin Academy in the fall; 351 students applied, 121 were accepted. Some have criticized me for serving this board and sending my daughter for a private education. Please understand that this is a decision that we as a family have made. We believe this is best for our daughter.

I want to thank the teachers at Court Street, William Street and the Middle School for preparing her so well. I am confident that with the preparation that was invested here, and with her unconditional support at home, she will soar.

Lastly, within the past six weeks or so my husband and I have decided to put our home on the market. I have published no information because so far there is no real information to share. As I am sure you all know the real estate market is grim. A house could sell in two weeks, two months, or two years; who knows. The decision as to where I will move also has not been finalized. With that said, I will continue to fill my role as a trustee on this board.

I want to remind the board this evening that I am a lifelong resident of this town, I am a proud alumni of this district, and (?). I have worked long and hard with my colleagues to put together a fair and strong budget that stops cuts, that retains programs and that will be supported by our taxpayers. Tonight I plan to vote on this budget and continue my responsibility as a trustee and officer of this board. And I am going to share as a trustee on this board; I will. Until then, I encourage people talk to me instead of posting incorrect information on blogging web sites. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.