FROM THE TOWN BOARD MEETING JUNE 18, 2008.

READ THIS CRAP THAT LITTLE HILTER IS SPEWING OUT OF HIS MOUTH NOW:

Supervisor Eagan: I would just like to make a point. Every time we have a public hearing regarding our Town Budget, there are always a few people that either come here or are down at the restaurants and are talking about all the revenue that is brought into this community and how we should use some of this additional revenue. I just want to point out that we collect about $184,000 in General Fund property taxes, but our overall budget is approximately 4 million dollars. So, a lot of the additional monies come from State aid, mortgage tax, and sales tax, which fluctuates. Because of that fluctuation, we never have the assuredness that it will be replaced. A few years ago, I believe Holland and Concord got into some financial trouble because they exhausted their surplus funds and had nothing to balance their budget with; therefore, they had to raise their taxes considerably.

Supervisor Eagan Cont’d: Since I have become supervisor, we have used a professional and conscientious approach to managing our finances. I have always opposed to using an excess amount of this surplus for every day, reoccurring expenses. We’ve primarily used it for offsetting our obligations for grant monies. We get a $50,000 grant; we have a $50,000 match. That is how we were able to complete a $200,000 project in bank stabilization along Irish Gulf. This is how we were able to meet some of the cost along 18—mile creek with some of the projects we have going. We collected over $190,000 in sales tax last year, to date; we have only recently received $61,000. Home sales have slowed. Boston has always been a very healthy community and we are growing here, I wouldn’t say at a fast pace, but our market and values are still up, but they are slowing down. My projection is that when the next check comes in around November, December, we are not going to see $61,000. There are houses on the market right now that just aren’t moving. My point is, when these people on the street, church or coffee shop talk about excessive funds, any funds we have are in reserve for meeting grants. This will help pay for the archeological study we didn’t expect. I will bring this up again, because I am putting together a review of the last five or six years of our other sources of revenue to show the public how much it fluctuates and to substantiate my position that you can not use this to bank roll the expenses of the community. It is disastrous to do it in the long run. Kevin Gaughan would probably agree with me that it would be a real act of irresponsibility to just continue to use reserve funds to pay everyday expenses without the ability of knowing that money can be replaced.

THIS HOW EAGAN IS ABLE TO SLIDE MONIES TO HIS DEMOCRATIC FRIENDS.

" This will help pay for the archeological study we didn’t expect"

NOW ALMOST EVERY PROJECT IN BOSTON HAS TO HAVE A "archeological study" ANYBODY IN THE DEVELOPMENT BUSINESS KNOWS THIS. HE IS IN CHARGE OF SPENDING OUR TAX MONEY AND GRANT MONEY. HE DIDNT EXPECT TO PAY FOR THE STUDY?

ANOTHER TOWN BOARD MEETING WITH ALL MEMBERS VOTING ALL IN FAVOR.

WHEN IS THE TOWN BOARD GOING TO WAKE UP?

GET RID OF EAGAN IN 2009. ALL THOSE IN FAVOR AYE!!

NOW MAKE SURE YOU DONT SAY ANYTHING BAD AT THE LOCAL COFFEE SHOP ABOUT EAGAN, IT GETS BACK TO HIM....