I hear all these great things about the outer harbor development but I have noticed that the agency that is responsible for regional transportation is noticeably absent about any plans to incorporate light rail extension into the development.

Why is that?

You know rochester is using state and federal funds to incorporate a performing arts center, a downtown college annex and office/residential space into a bus station...all using transportation dollars.

Seems to me that the NFTA would want to pursue some transportation dollars to help finance the outer harbor development, especially with 3-4 million visitors a year expected for bass pro!

Seems like the NFTA wants to be in every business except transportation! Look at the momentum on major regional transportation issues:
1) Signature Peace Bridge (stalled)
2) Skyway Tunnel Replacement (not even being discussed)
2) Extending Light Rail to the Airport (stalled)
3) Extending Light Rail to Niagara Falls (stalled)
4) Extending Light Rail into the outer harbor development (not being discussed)
5) Working jointly with other regional planning organizations to create an Inter-Urban between Syracuse, Finger Lakes, Rochester, Batavia and Darian Lake (not even being discussed)
6) Working jointly with other regional planning organizations to create a passenger ship (cruise, ferry, excursion, entertainment, etc) service between Lake Erie Ports: Port Colborne-Ca, Erie-PA, Cleveland, Sandusky, Toledo, Detroit, etc)
7) Spending more money to market the Port of Buffalo for Intermodal Lake Traffic.
8) Lobbying for High Speed Rail between Buffalo and NYC, or High Speed Rail between Buffalo and Cleveland, or between Buffalo and Pittsburgh, or between Buffalo and Toronto!

It just seems to me that an Institution responsible for transportation would be the loudest and most vocal advocate for Transportation related issues. BECAUSE FRANKLY IF A REGIONAL INSTITUTE RESPONSIBLE FOR TRANSPORTATION WERE NOT ADVOCATING, ENDORSING AND PROMOTING TRANSPORTATION, THEN SHOULDNT WE BE DEMANDING THAT A CITIZENS ADVISORY PANEL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SETTING THE PRIORITY PROJECTS FOR THE REGION OR DEMANDING THE NFTA BE DISBANDED / PRIVATIZED!

IF THE ONLY THING THE NFTA IS GOOD FOR IS DAY TO DAY MANAGEMENT AND REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT, WELL THEN, WE HAVE NON-PROFITS WHO CAN MANAGE DAY TO DAY AFFAIRS AND WE HAVE PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTOR DEVELOPERS ALREADY....WHY DO WE NEED A TRANSPORTATION COMPANY (NFTA) THAT ACTS LIKE IT DOESNT WANT RESPONSIBILITY FOR TRANSPORTATION!