Unassigned mailer 6-9-2021.jpg

Unassigned mailer (2) 6-9-2021.jpg

Click on image to enlarge

The first thing that struck me on this negative mailer I received today was it came from no organized political party. It targets two incumbent Republicans, Judge Cervi and Councilmember Dickman. It is negative, accusatory, scathing in fact. I had no idea to submittal source until a few friends called to say the address on the mailer identified the sender residence as that of Republican Party BOE Commissioner Ralph Mohr – the same Ralph Mohr who wields powerful influence in the Lancaster Republican Party committee. The same committee who snubbed endorsing incumbents Cervi and Dickman for re-election. Ah, politics!

Note: In all those budget votes there was only one ‘no’ vote and that was cast by then Councilmember Ruffino. All those budgets came in under the state’s tax levy limit.

It gets worse. In reviewing the budget numbers presented, I can find no evidence to corroborate their validity, be it increase in budget spending, increase in tax levy, or from examining personal property tax receipts over referenced time. My town property taxes increased nowhere near the 17.8% since Dickman took office. My county tax did increase by 37%.

Judge Cervi

Judge Cervi entered office in 2018 earning $43,576. 2021 salary is $45,115. Salary increased by $1,539 over four-year term, 3.53% - not 7.7% as stated in the mailer. If anything, Cervi’s salary increase of less that 1% average annual increase was lower than any other town employees and is approved by the town. He cannot increase his own salary.

Cervi’s department spending (budget)in 2018 was $345,885. In 2021, $357,318. Department spending increased by $11,433 over four years in Judge Cervi’s term, 3.3%, not the incredible 16.5% as stated in the mailer.

Judge Cervi’s input in controlling the quoted $3,400,000 increase in town spending is nil. Not a fact as claimed in the mailer but a misleading falsehood.

So who pissed in Mohr’s tea that he is not content enough with colluding with the Democrats and getting a cross endorsed slate that excluded the ‘real’ Republican incumbent candidates? Why take part in a mailer that savages Republican incumbents that he took part in from this year’s party endorsement? Apparently his influence in getting a cross endorsed slate, and with support from the Working Families Party is still not enough to convince Mr. Mohr that his candidates are unbeatable.

Any significance with that picture on the mailer that depicts Republicans, Democrats, ‘blank’s getting together to celebrate an event?

Lastly, the mailer claims as FACT: Dickman, Cervi and their not-so-“Real” Republicans are bad for Lancaster taxpayers. So, the endorsed Democrat – Republican – Working Family candidates Amatura and Wozniak are the “Real” Republicans?

A negative mailer with false / misleading information!