A Letter From John Pilato:

Neighbors,

My name is John Pilato and I live on Briarwood Drive in the great Village of Lancaster.

I am a lifelong resident of Lancaster, and I am currently the Town of Lancaster Forestry Supervisor. I am also a small business owner employing four full time staff members,as well as a number of part time summer workers.

Throughout my life, it has been my family and the great people of Lancaster who provided me with my strong conservative values; who taught me right from wrong; and who instilled upon me the combined senses of community and civic spirit.

The people of Lancaster are more than friends and neighbors. Like my own family, the people of our great town have been, and will continue to be, my lifetime mentors. Together, they have always lifted me when I was down, and continue to faithfully temper my success with the gentle reminder that, with my achievements, come both humility and an obligation to serve my community.

It is that combined sense of humble obligation which leads me to announce that I am running for Lancaster Town Highway Superintendent.

I run not to re-invent, but to reinvigorate. I run not to oppose any single man, but to serve the best interests of residents of Lancaster.

Essentially, I run to restore to the office a temperament which will calmly return dignity to our workers, and to advance the interests of Lancaster without the soil of backroom political bosses.

I am fully qualified and equipped to lead the Town Highway Department.

I completed the Business Management Program at Erie Community College.

My managerial experience spanning sixteen years in the "Green Industry" along with my experience as the Lancaster Town Forestry Supervisor, combined with my ownership of Turf Care of WNY, provide me with the necessary supervisory and administrative skill sets to effectively deal with the challenges that confront the Highway Superintendent.

Equally important, my experience as a laborer in both the Town Highway and Forestry Departments, extend to me a deep knowledge of the hands-on tasks resident in the Highway Department, as well a keen sense of kinship with our great workers.

The Lancaster Town Highway Department is far too essential to the safety of Lancaster and the transiting public to continue under the stale and harsh oversight of the politically beholden and the whimsically committed.

I thank you for your time in reading this letter, and I humbly ask for your support.

Sincerely,

John Pilato