Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
Covid, take it seriously

Sometimes it has to become personal before one believes the seriousness of an event, or to hear from the public rather than the media.

In the past few days I know personally of two individuals hospitalized with Covid, one recovering at home and several testing positive and in quarantine. The great majority work in the health industry. Also hearing from nurses on the seriousness of the virus and on concerns of staffing shortages and worker fatigue.

The one health care worker recovering at home sent me the following email this morning describing her grim Covid experience:

Lee,

I have been coping with Covid since Nov 15th. It was grueling. Asked LVAC to take me to the hospital and they advised against it since my lungs were clear.
I'd never wish it on my worst enemy.

My dog TIpper was with me through most of it but had a heart attack or stroke on Thursday. My grandson volunteered to come get her and take her for cremation.

Waiting for my retest results. If I can get a negative Monday; back to work Tuesday. Have no idea of how things at work except what I read in the paper.
My co-workers have been sheltering me against any info from work wanting me to build up my strength and not get stressed.

It is real, Lee.

Stay safe!

God bless the first responders and essential workers, every one! Stay safe!
I know the animal lover that your friend is. The friend shared my grief when I had such a loss recently and want the friend to know that I share her grief as well.

I wish the friend a full and complete recovery, and if the friend needs anything, to let me know.

This year sucked and continues to suck.

I echo your "God bless the first responders and essential workers, every one! Stay safe!"