‘Because Integrity Matters’ campaign mailer

After just writing a few days ago how strange the town council campaign has been with no mailers, up pops a mailer. It is a mailer supporting candidate Michael Wozniak, has his picture on one side and the caption ‘Because Integrity Matters. On the backside it lists reasons why voters should not consider voting for opponent Dawn Gaczewski.

The individual who provided me a copy of the mailer is a Conservative Party member and asked my thoughts as I am not a Conservative Party member but a Gaczewski supporter – the genuine conservative; interviewed, vetted and endorsed by the Conservative Party. .

1. Gaczewski has voted 3 times to override the tax cap.

Not true. Twice, and both times were a proactive move to override the tax cap limit if needed, was not used and much ado about nothing. The current budget overrides the tax cap limit and if not adjusted residents will lose the State refund check.

2. Gaczewski has voted to raise your taxes three times.

Yes, she did. In the four years she served on the board my taxes went up a total of $92. Examining the current budget, best estimate is that my taxes are due to increase by $128 and if the budget doesn’t meet the tax cap limit, I will not see a refund.

3. Gaczewski has voted yes on $283,000 no bid contract to a firm whose spouse works for the town.

Indeed, as did the other board members who approved the contract satisfied with the past work of GAR – recognized as one of the best firms New York State and contracted by many other towns. Much ado about nothing.

And now Gaczewski has collected unemployment insurance payment from the Town of Lancaster Taxpayers in clear violation of NYS Law.

Don’t know where this is going as Gaczewski was not in office in 2020 and whether this relates to COVID.

Lastly, to send out a mailer captioned ‘Because of Integrity’ without any indication of submitter identity is disingenuous and lacking in integrity. In addition, its claims are either false or misleading.

At present, looking at the current budget disaster, Supervisor Ruffino could use the budget expertise of Dawn Gaczewski, not a novice Wozniak ‘yes man’.

My kingdom for a Dave Brown!