Dear Fellow New Yorker,

In December, I promised to sign the Reproductive Health Act into law within the first 30 days of the Legislative Session.

Today, on the 46th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade ruling, I am happy to report that we delivered on that promise.

With the Reproductive Health Act now enacted, a woman’s right to make personal decisions about her own reproductive health will be protected in New York State — no matter what the federal government or the Supreme Court do in the future.

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#202020][FONT=&amp]I want to extend my gratitude to the fierce advocates who have fought alongside us during this long battle for women's reproductive rights — we couldn’t have accomplished this without you.

And a special thank you to everyone who signed our petition. Your voice had an impact.

But we’re not done yet. I propose we amend the New York State Constitution to enshrine Roe v. Wade into law for all future generations and settle this issue once and for all.

Watch and share our RHA video.

Today we celebrate, and I hope you’ll continue to stand with me in the many fights ahead.

Ever Upward,

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo