Thread: My "Choices" For Town Council

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My "Choices" For Town Council

I have stated on a number of occasions, that I have not, and will not, publicly support any candidate in the 2017 Town of Lancaster elections.

Therefore, I was very surprised to read the "Breezy" membership account's attempt to link me to the Dickman campaign singularly based upon what he perceives to have been my complete support for the 2015 Republican Town ticket.

I also note its highly exaggerated observation that I "emptied" my "wallet" into the Brainard campaign. (Really "Breezy," if a fifty-dollar ticket to a Brainard event caused my wallet to be empty, I have much bigger problems than local Lancaster politics.)

With respect to the "Breezy" membership account, that account, IMHO, is not a "who" with an opinion, but an "it" with a function. That function, consistent with Chairman Zellner's commitment to exploit social media, seems to serve as the Democrat Party's opposition research/rapid reaction instrument on Speak Up.

(I relate parenthetically that the Republican and Conservative Parties would be well served with such a membership account.)

The "Breezy" observations notwithstanding, as one who is now an unaffiliated voter, I view the 2017 campaign election as a "fix-is-in" election.

As I see this campaign, the "fix" takes the following form:

(1) Ron Ruffino is plastering mailboxes with personal exulted pronouncements highlighting his recent, but hopefully not temporary, conservative conversion. This may win Ruffino conservative voters, and together with his natural Democrat base, should ensure him victory. Therefore, mailing one, mailing two, and I expect more.

(2) Regarding Mr. Dickman, he benefits from his Fire Department and high-profile village connections. Those village associations, along with his Republican line, may, and probably will, give him a victory. Any personal informational mailing may tend to highlight, his respectable, but very thin, resume.

To date, I have received no such mailing. For now, and anticipated future: "Crickets."

(3) Mr. Abraham, apparently unlucky in an attempt to stage a third consecutive Democrat Party "coup" to "snag" the Conservative Party line, will cross his fingers and hope for the best. But, he too, seems hesitant to highly promote a record subject to scrutiny and criticism.

Therefore, I would be surprised to experience anything but "Crickets."

(4) Tragically, this leaves Mr. Leary. I simply do not understand the Republican Party's limited, and I must say rather awkward, presentation of this eminently qualified man.

IF I had any Republican Party influence, that hefty resume, blending tested public service with expert private sector experience, would be shouted from the mountain top. Regrettably, and to my amazement: "Sad Crickets."

I wish Messrs. Ruffino, Dickman, Abraham, and Leary good luck and good fortune, but as I have observed above, the "fix-is-in" for this election cycle, and as such, the 2017 campaign is a hill not worth publicly dying for.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 19th, 2017 at 05:51 PM.

Thread Information