Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here is the Western Ny Mentality

Here is the Western Ny Mentality

This was in this mornings paper.It says it all. God Help us

FEMA should cover generators, lost food

11/6/2006

When it was announced that federal funds would be available to assist Western New Yorkers after the storm, I was happy. When I learned what was covered, I changed my outlook. Food, the most important item in a person's budget, isn't covered. Generators aren't covered. The time and labor to cut down trees that have grown for 10 to 15 years and collect all the branches is not covered.
    What is covered? People who stayed in a motel. Who can afford to do that except the rich? Damage to homes and cars is covered, but only by the insurance company. Who is going to get these millions of dollars that reportedly will be spent in the next couple of months? I'll bet it will not be the people who need it the most.

Hum

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466

FEMA should cover generators, lost food

11/6/2006

When it was announced that federal funds would be available to assist Western New Yorkers after the storm, I was happy. When I learned what was covered, I changed my outlook. Food, the most important item in a person's budget, isn't covered. Generators aren't covered. The time and labor to cut down trees that have grown for 10 to 15 years and collect all the branches is not covered.
    What is covered? People who stayed in a motel. Who can afford to do that except the rich? Damage to homes and cars is covered, but only by the insurance company. Who is going to get these millions of dollars that reportedly will be spent in the next couple of months? I'll bet it will not be the people who need it the most.

So what's your point! I lost 2 trees in my backyard, and they aren't cover under my homeowners insurance, so what's your point ! My homeowners insurance will cover for Volcanic ash but not trees so what's your point ! Your point must be how little ower homeowners insurance covers during these types of Buffalo storms so, what's your point ! I bought a generator because I needed to buy one in the first place, and the storm only forced me to buy one a little sooner so, what's your point.....If you had your home busted up by a tree you should be helped by FEMA, but if you bought yourself a generator I don't think so...So what's your point !!! ?
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    So what's your point! I lost 2 trees in my backyard, and they aren't cover under my homeowners insurance, so what's your point ! My homeowners insurance will cover for Volcanic ash but not trees so what's your point ! Your point must be how little ower homeowners insurance covers during these types of Buffalo storms so, what's your point ! I bought a generator because I needed to buy one in the first place, and the storm only forced me to buy one a little sooner so, what's your point.....If you had your home busted up by a tree you should be helped by FEMA, but if you bought yourself a generator I don't think so...So what's your point !!! ?
    Funny post. Are you asking for his point?

Huh, Humm

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS
    Funny post. Are you asking for his point?

I believe I am.....
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

I got part of his point, he's pissed that he toughed it out in his cold dark house when all along, he could have been comfy cozy in a motel/hotel room...who'd of thought FEMA benefits would be available? Not me. That was a lost opportunity. Next time power goes out, people will be flocking into motels/hotels only to find that there's no declared disaster.

What does FEMA coverage have to do with "Western New York Mentality?"

you know

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    I got part of his point, he's pissed that he toughed it out in his cold dark house when all along, he could have been comfy cozy in a motel/hotel room...who'd of thought FEMA benefits would be available? Not me. That was a lost opportunity. Next time power goes out, people will be flocking into motels/hotels only to find that there's no declared disaster.

I believe you're right Buffy...hehehe
    Riven37
    _________

nothing

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    What does FEMA coverage have to do with "Western New York Mentality?"

it has nothing to do with it. Not one Ioda of nothing........that's why I asked him what's his point...hehehe
    Riven37
    _________

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    Read your post!!!!!! This is my point.

Middle Class Sqeeeezed Again

THOSE ,during the storm who were able to afford the motel room will be reimbursed, THOSE on FOOD STAMP... AUTOMATICALLY HAD THEIR ALLOCATIONS REISSUED AND THE MIDDLE CLASS , WELL ..THEY GET TO BEND OVER AND GRAB THEIR ANKLES...BRCAUSE THEY TOOK IT IN THE WALLET AGAIN GAWWD, HOW I LOVE OUR POLITICIANS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466

When it was announced that federal funds would be available to assist Western New Yorkers after the storm, I was happy. When I learned what was covered, I changed my outlook. Food, the most important item in a person's budget, isn't covered. Generators aren't covered.

The lost food---isn't that deductible?
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

[QUOTE=joe d.]THOSE ,during the storm who were able to afford the motel room will be reimbursed, [/qoute]

The last word is that any hotel reimbursements will be on a case by case basis. Not all will be able to reclaim their five star hotel stay. Unless of course you are a politician probably.......

THOSE on FOOD STAMP... AUTOMATICALLY HAD THEIR ALLOCATIONS REISSUED
    I still cannot believe that one. What the hell people lost food that is ok but those on food stamps could go back to eating their steaks or buying cigarettes.

AND THE MIDDLE CLASS , WELL ..THEY GET TO BEND OVER AND GRAB THEIR ANKLES...BRCAUSE THEY TOOK IT IN THE WALLET AGAIN GAWWD, HOW I LOVE OUR POLITICIANS!!:d
    It is an on going circle of who will get screwed first.

I still cannot believe that one. What the hell people lost food that is ok but those on food stamps could go back to eating their steaks or buying cigarettes.

What foods are eligible for purchase with food stamps?
    Households CAN use food stamp benefits to buy:
    * Foods for the household to eat, such as:
    • *breads and cereals
      * fruits and vegetables
      * meats, fish and poultry
      * dairy products.

* Seeds and plants which produce food for the household to eat.

Households CANNOT use food stamp benefits to buy:
    • * Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco
      * Any nonfood items, such as:
      * pet foods
      * soaps, paper products
      * household supplies
      * Vitamins and medicines.
      * Food that will be eaten in the store.
      * Hot foods

I hope that helps you understand what is food-stamp eligible and what is not.

Quote Originally Posted by ams

• *breads and cereals
      * fruits and vegetables
      * dairy products.

* pet foods
      * soaps, paper products
      * household supplies
      * Hot foods

I have seen food stamp ourchases go for questionable items..... It is a abused
    system.....

Quote Originally Posted by ams

• *breads and cereals
      * fruits and vegetables
      * dairy products.

* pet foods
      * soaps, paper products
      * household supplies
      * Hot foods

Thanks for the information though

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information