Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So how do we get them to REMOVEthe toll booths

Tony Fracasso - Admin

So how do we get them to REMOVEthe toll booths

Now we see more traffic going to where it was intended to be going. Down the 190 instead of other streets clogging our community

How can the Authority be FORCE to physically remove the tolls NOW so the bottleneck which is slowing the working man down be eliminated.

Go read Backups at the barriers!

This is awesome news..

This is showing where the traffic should of been going and how the government FORCED tolls were interfering with traffic into Buffalo. This is where the wear and tear of traffic should of been going all this time versus secondary roads to the city. See how government tends to interfere with real growth.

Those toll booth because of this safety issue have to be torn down now. This should be a few weekend project.... Bull doze them flat and concrete the pads....

Why wait till spring..

Some idiot in government will say for our own safety they have to charge tolls again. Think how they think.

And....

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Now we see more traffic going to where it was intended to be going. Down the 190 instead of other streets clogging our community

How can the Authority be FORCE to physically remove the tolls NOW so the bottleneck which is slowing the working man down be eliminated.

Go read Backups at the barriers!

This is awesome news..

This is showing where the traffic should of been going and how the government FORCED tolls were interfering with traffic into Buffalo. This is where the wear and tear of traffic should of been going all this time versus secondary roads to the city. See how government tends to interfere with real growth.

Those toll booth because of this safety issue have to be torn down now. This should be a few weekend project.... Bull doze them flat and concrete the pads....

Why wait till spring..

Some idiot in government will say for our own safety they have to charge tolls again. Think how they think.
    And here I thought I was the only cheap-ass driving around the toll booths to avoid the $.75 toll!
    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis (1935)

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Look at the difference in usage. We could of been getting our money out of this roadway all these years versus spending money on secondary roads all these people were using.

This show's you how detrimental a lot of department in our local/state governments are.

The money we could of saved on all the secondary roads that must of been used instead of the 190 to buffalo.

They are in fact holding up progress of buffalo all those years.

Some in the "road department" should call the company that knocked the grain mills down for the indians.

We want the tolls bulldozed immediately before the snow starts. Old pads concreted over.

Can we sue the authority if one person is hurt because the toll booths are still up impeding traffic?

We ar still paying for the tolls. $14,000,000 out of taxpayer money is going to fund the 1 year toll!!!

How stupid do the politicians think we are???

If they wanted to do us a favor, they should eliminate the toll AND give us 75 cents back everytime we have to slow down to go through, or they could rebate us on our vehicle registrations.

Duhhh! WE ARE STILL PAYING!!!

bf

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofamily
    If they wanted to do us a favor, they should eliminate the toll AND give us 75 cents back everytime we have to slow down to go through, or they could rebate us on our vehicle registrations.bf
    LOL!

What did we expect in the end? That this was going to be a smooth transition? We can't get a bridge built and we can hardly run our own governement.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofamily
    We ar still paying for the tolls. $14,000,000 out of taxpayer money is going to fund the 1 year toll!!!

How stupid do the politicians think we are???

If they wanted to do us a favor, they should eliminate the toll AND give us 75 cents back everytime we have to slow down to go through, or they could rebate us on our vehicle registrations.

Duhhh! WE ARE STILL PAYING!!!
    Yes, we're still paying, but we (buffalonians) are paying less because it's coming from the entire state now instead of just WNY. That means it's spread over 20 million people instead of just 1 million people.

Also, from what I've read, the Paladino lawsuit is still in progress. If the lawsuit proves that the tolls should have come down 10 years ago, then the state owes us something in return.

I'd save the breath that's being used in the argument for use elsewhere.

The tolls are gone. It's been less than a week. Let's be happy over that as opposed to complaining about the damn booths still being there.

Most citizens: "Man...I hate being reamed up the ass!"

therising: "Stop your complaining...at least their using a lube now."
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCtUrNaL
    Most citizens: "Man...I hate being reamed up the ass!"

therising: "Stop your complaining...at least their using a lube now."
    So, the toll booths still being there, 5 days after the tolls are eliminated constitutes "being reamed up the ass", huh?

I suppose Nocturnal is more qualified to know how that feels, so I will graciously defer his judgment.

Well I heard as soon as the Historical Society heard the toll booths were being demolished they filed a lawsuit claiming they are a landmark. Now it's gonna be held up in the courts for the next 20 years!

Quote Originally Posted by therising
    So, the toll booths still being there, 5 days after the tolls are eliminated constitutes "being reamed up the ass", huh?

I suppose Nocturnal is more qualified to know how that feels, so I will graciously defer his judgment.
    Unless you don't pay taxes in this state...you're being reamed too baby. Perhaps the problem is that you've grown so accustomed to it you've lost all sensation in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by therising

Dollars to donuts say's the booths will still be there 500 days after the tolls have stopped being colleted there.

Those gay jokes are more than just lame. They're weird. Why don't you just take it on the chin, for once?
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Thruway Toll Barrier Demolition Progress Expected
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 08:36 AM - WBEN Newsroom

Buffalo, NY(WBEN)-- October 31, 2006, was The Day the Tolls Came Down.

Three months later, the NYS Thruway Authority is making some slow progress on removing the barriers left behind at Ogden and Breckenridge street with a bid package that would allow demolition in April.

Drivers apparently are adjusting.

"I havent seen the spike in accidents.. at these locations... that I had first feared might exist," says State Police Cpt. Michael Nigrelli. To hear more with Nigrelli, click the audio link above for a report from WBEN's Barbara Burns.

If bid specifications are released within days, as expected, the barriers would come down in April, after a 30 day contract review by the NYS Comptroller'sOffice.

There's not much less traffic on Niagara Street, but there is MUCH more noise on the West Side, because of all the extra cars on the Thruway. But some cheapos are happy about their 75cents, so I guess that's okay...

Someone will need to pay for the road upkeep - nothing is free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information