Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wegner suing town for defamation of character

Wegner suing town for defamation of character

Cheektowaga highway chief, subject of probe, sues town for defamation

The suit alleges that former Supervisor Mary Holtz and Council Members Gerald Kaminski, James Rogowski and Christine Adamczyk showed a “reckless disregard for the truth” in publicizing what the lawsuit calls their false accusations about the department.
    The harm to Wegner was compounded, he says, when news media reported that the town was investigating whether a nonunion employee – Wegner’s deputy – was abusing compensatory time, whether town equipment was loaned for use on private property and whether Wegner had given a load of asphalt millings to a private country club to repair is cart paths.
    http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/05/ba...ead-lawsuitgs/

Decide for yourself

Highway investigation index
    http://stor.artvoice.com/highway_investigation/

Georgia L Schlager

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    The suit alleges that former Supervisor Mary Holtz and Council Members Gerald Kaminski, James Rogowski and Christine Adamczyk showed a “reckless disregard for the truth” in publicizing what the lawsuit calls their false accusations about the department.
    What do us property owners have to do with this?

THe "Town" didn't defame anyone. The people mentioned above did.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

They get elected every year to represent our interests and are covered legally for their political shenanigans, 100k wasted and now how much that will most likely be settled out of court for a non disclosed sum

Another prime example of our elected officials only caring about themselves at the expense of the taxpayers!!

Remember these people at ELECTION time!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Can someone that represents the property owners sue the group or the social club that add this needless cost to our town?

Don't sue them as the "town" Sue them personally by name or by "Cheektowaga Democratic Party" I'm assuming there is some paper work that makes the social club an "entity".

Why do you automatically ASSUME that he WAS defamed?

Georgia L Schlager

Can someone that represents the property owners sue the group or the social club that add this needless cost to our town?

Don't sue them as the "town" Sue them personally by name or by "Cheektowaga Democratic Party" I'm assuming there is some paper work that makes the social club an "entity".
    Seems like Holtz and Kaminski could be charged for abuse of power and abuse of taxpayers money

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Pitbull.

Let's focus on what is best for us property owners. The elimination of the group that has brought our town to the point it is at. One of the highest taxed communities in the area while losing population over the last 15+ years.

Mark, Mary, Frank and host of characters on our town board all belong to the same social club that controls our town.

This really takes the cake this time.

Sue the people involved not "me" or my neighbors. In the end it is the property owners will line his pocket with a settlement and line the pockets of the lawyers involved. That is how I see it. That money could be going to fix issues that should have been addressed over the years. Roads, curbs or what ever. Like lowering our taxes so we are inline with other communities across the USA.

There is nothing stopping Mark from suing these people directly. Only difference I see is who has deeper pockets. Us property owners or the people involved.

I could see this excuse being used in a "political" way to work against the people currently on our town board. If that is why it's being done I still don't like it even though it my opinion the ENTIRE TOWN BOARD needs to replaced with people who put the property owners best interest first and are capable of doing so. Not excuses why things can't change. Example "Our hands are tied. There is nothing we can do" Well my answer is replace the people with excuses with people who can deliver results.

Without a doubt we need to stop reelecting the same toxic people to fill our town seats. We have elected officials suing the town (taxpayers). Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. I propose we start a class action lawsuits to recoup the money our elected officials cost us because they don't care what they spend, it's not their money. (Before anyone goes crazy or starts with the name calling, I was joking about starting the class action lawsuit).

Just a guess but - the Towns insurance company will make a settlement - part of the settlement will include a gag order.
    Someone gets a nice going away payment and in their eyes no one gets hurt because its the insurance company paying.

They will also be able to tell people, "WE save tax dollars by avoiding expensive legal fees and such - so we did good!"
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Just a guess but - the Towns insurance company will make a settlement - part of the settlement will include a gag order.Someone gets a nice going away payment and in their eyes no one gets hurt because its the insurance company paying. They will also be able to tell people, "WE save tax dollars by avoiding expensive legal fees and such - so we did good!"
    Not necessarily true.

I don't know the exact amounts but the town is self insured up to a certain amount before insurance will kick in. There is a fund in the budget for such litigation settlements.

So the tax payers WILL be funding a settlement that could be 6 figures. Then insurance kicks in.

So the next time the town wants to close a park or a pool you can thank wegner for his money grab!

fish fry needs the extra money or rent.. he still wants to run the sanitation dept for and extra 13 g's a year. No one is in charge right now lets see if he gets it.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

I looked at the court file in this action. It was commenced on May 10, 2016 after the plaintiff received leave to serve a late notice of claim and the town filed their answer on June 10, 2016. There is now a motion pending that was filed on February 16, 2017, to dismiss due to the alleged failure of the complaint to set forth the particular words complained of, which is a mere pleading defect that can be cured by amendment. Why make this basic motion about 9 months after answering? How much did the town pay Hodgson Russ to defend it in this 9 month period for such work?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    You can't make this stuff up. The Cheektowaga Democratic Party internal BS cost us property owners money while being a "employment agency" for the friends and family of the group.

Has our town Supervisor released an official statement on this matter?

They've been costing us money all along....I love that Diane Voted as a board member to investigate and now is changing her tune...I guess this BS has to stop sometime, but screw it..Lets let the Town employees do what they want, when they want, with our tax funded equipment..And when they admit to doing it we will now ask the town board to do nothing..Its ok...I would also love to hear our Supervisor (once again, who voted for the investigation) to tell us now that she is the Town Supervisor what she has done to get the money back that the Deputy Supervisor was over paid? Never gonna happen..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information