Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Close:

To Close:

You can always tell when people get too close to the truth.

Yeah, they put their fingers in their ears and go...

"lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala ....gasp....lalalalalalalala"

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    And why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Vague posts do no one any good.
    So, why don't you tell us what you're talking about?

Originally postd by shortstuff:
    Is that when they send someone to the Message board to DISTORT the facts?

Georgia L Schlager

Bingo, gorja

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Is that when they send someone to the Message board to DISTORT the facts?
    It is a pattern here in Lancaster. I am beginning to get tired and bored of it. I am glad one of astute mind was able to asertain what this meant.

Standard methods of Dem.Boys

Its easy for them to mislead and misinform. Its easier then dealing openly and they never feel accountable because their always justified.

I am not trying to mislead anyone, I cant stand people like the guy behind the latest posts. I don't believe he cares about the actual issues, taxes, Honest Government or any other valid subject.

So many people are so easily turned with a little bit of exaggerated information. A well planted innuendo or a planned barrage of nonsense like they did to Mr.Reese.

I don't have to invent or misinform - we see them at the Board Meetings. We read about them - whenever the mainstream news dares. We see them riding around in our tax fueled vehicles. Most people know exactly who the true "Party Players" are and what tax funded job they glom off of.

I say bring it on, I can take it! I have for almost ten years. I made the mistake of believing Lancaster was a Town of Democracy. Supervisor Bob Giza and people like Committee Chairman T.McCracken, Russel Luke, Joe Coppola, Jim Perry and many others have educated me.

The "Sons of Patronage" run this Town. Its a shame, its true and they hate people like me who help others acknowledge the truth.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Yup, well said

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Its easy for them to mislead and misinform. Its easier then dealing openly and they never feel accountable because their always justified.

I am not trying to mislead anyone, I cant stand people like the guy behind the latest posts. I don't believe he cares about the actual issues, taxes, Honest Government or any other valid subject.

So many people are so easily turned with a little bit of exaggerated information. A well planted innuendo or a planned barrage of nonsense like they did to Mr.Reese.

I don't have to invent or misinform - we see them at the Board Meetings. We read about them - whenever the mainstream news dares. We see them riding around in our tax fueled vehicles. Most people know exactly who the true "Party Players" are and what tax funded job they glom off of.

I say bring it on, I can take it! I have for almost ten years. I made the mistake of believing Lancaster was a Town of Democracy. Supervisor Bob Giza and people like Committee Chairman T.McCracken, Russel Luke, Joe Coppola, Jim Perry and many others have educated me.

The "Sons of Patronage" run this Town. Its a shame, its true and they hate people like me who help others acknowledge the truth.

and we can see when it gets too CLOSE to the truth, the water boils. Lee did his clarification and expressed the truth. When these "unknowns" come out with venom it appears to be inaccurate information anyways. But the harsh words are only words. It shows what kind of people they are.

It's OK the truth will prevail when you get closer.

The "Sons of Patronage" run this Town. Its a shame, its true and they hate people like me who help others acknowledge the truth.[/QUOTE]

So true. They hate when people call them on anything. I have a question for you 4248. As I am sure yours and most other residents, our county taxes went up. I checked one town employee's property tax record and found their assessed value has never gone up since they purchased home in the 90's. Is this another perk taxpayers are not aware of? I am not saying this is true since I have only checked one so far. How can we check all town employees county tax bills to ensure they are paying their fair share? I hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post

So true. They hate when people call them on anything. I have a question for you 4248. As I am sure yours and most other residents, our county taxes went up. I checked one town employee's property tax record and found their assessed value has never gone up since they purchased home in the 90's. Is this another perk taxpayers are not aware of? I am not saying this is true since I have only checked one so far. How can we check all town employees county tax bills to ensure they are paying their fair share? I hope I am wrong.[/QUOTE]

Great find, & it is a very good question itch. I know 4248 will have an answer for you. Now you have peaked my interest, I want to know too.

Originally posted by ichingtheory:
    I checked one town employee's property tax record and found their assessed value has never gone up since they purchased home in the 90's. Is this another perk taxpayers are not aware of? I am not saying this is true since I have only checked one so far. How can we check all town employees county tax bills to ensure they are paying their fair share? I hope I am wrong.
    Wonder how that could happen with everyone else's going up. After reading this, I did check R.R., R.G., D.A., D.S., J.C. and Aurora Gold and found all their assessments did rise through the years.

Georgia L Schlager

Talking Quite sure Mr.Marrano will have a excuse/reason

I can't say its done deliberately - but!

I have noticed a similar trend in "Less than equal assessments" and fee's controlled by Town Hall.

I have a neighbor who's house is a full story larger - same exterior dimensions. They also have a huge garage big enough to hold six cars that was built in their yard. He actually rents it out for storage of auto mobiles. His assessment is lower - now is that because he and his wife enjoy Town Connections- ????? Sure looks like it!

- another Dem. Com. supporter on our street is running a home based unlicensed collision shop. Unlicensed cars litter his property - front and rear - is that because he's "Connected"??????

The easement game can be played many ways - assessments might not be "Updated Quickly" or theres always the "challenge method"

"Updates" are the easiest - not only for residential, but commercial as well - as we've seen on William St. They simply ignore certain parcels when updating. If and when someone complains - which has been rare - they simply "Update" that assessment - now that could still take another year

The "Challenge Method" is another good game, if your connected. You simply file a challenge. Then go to Town hall and get "Comparable" properties from the list. Usually they get the lowest possible ones they can find. Now remember the people who make the decision on your request are local "appointees."

Don't just look at residential real estate - look at sites for future development. They tend to be still assessed at "Farm Prices" - or they don't truly reflect "Market Value"

If like in the case of the future Marrano development on Walden Ave. That has already been approved for subdivision into many lots. Lets say each lot would sell for $30,000.00 - they are not assessed at that value until sold.

But your land and home are assessed at "Market Value" - why aren't they? The Deer Run project - $550,000.00 for the 43 acres of land, over $12,000.00 an acre. How long will it take for that property to be assessed at $550,000.00??????

Now that project is for 90 single lots - lets say average $25,000.00 per lot. That would be about $2Million dollars at average "Market Value" - will it be assessed at that rate any time soon - I don't think so!!!!!!

Theres so many hidden perks and loop wholes it's hard to keep track.

Why do you think the favored lines go something like this -

When a "Politician is cornered" - he might say, "Do you really think I have that power?" -

or - "That would take one hell of a complicated conspiracy - is that what you believe?"

A local Town Board Member was about to approve another subdivision - a taxpayer in the crowd asked, "Don't you care about the tree's being bull dozed or the rare birds being displaced?" - the Council Woman made a big show and said, "We will give proper consideration to both issues - I am all for Smart Growth - I vote Yes." - the next day bulldozers flattened the entire area.

So I guess she gave it "Due Consideration" and decided a campaign promise was worth more!

But, I am sure they will have a "Different Point of View" and plenty of reasons why "Its not our fault."

Originally posted by 4248:
    "Updates" are the easiest - not only for residential, but commercial as well - as we've seen on William St. They simply ignore certain parcels when updating. If and when someone complains - which has been rare - they simply "Update" that assessment - now that could still take another year

Assessor Marrano explained why they can't update based on sales when not in re-val mode. This year and forthcoming years there will be updates, instead of having to wait years. It seems more fair to me.

Originally posted by DMarrano:
    William St Property

I am glad that was brought up. The two properties in question are owned by SK Development, who has ofices on Transit Road in Lockport. I do not know much about them, but I believe they own Intertech Satellite services, since thier owner address match's the address for that company.

As far as what they bought versus what the Assessed value is, I will explain the process.When a municipality is not in a re-val mode. you can only change assessments if there is a :
    1. Physical Change in the property(New build, addition,demolition)
    2. If their is a Change in Use(Property goes from a Pizza Shop to a medical buliding)
    3. You can lower an assessment if a property owner challenges, but to protect property owners, you can not raise a value if you are not in townwide reval mode based on a sale price. That is one of the resons you do a yearly update-it allows you to not only lower values based on sale prices,but also raise values based on market conditions.

As far as the property on William, an Assessor must value property for what it is currently used for, not it's highest and best use. This again is done to protect the property owner. There are property's still used on Transit road as single family homes. While the highest and best use for that property is probably different, and if we valued the property that way it would significantly raise the value, I must value the proiperty as a single family home-it's current use.That was the case when the William street property's sold. They were still used as single family homes.

The good news is that since we are in a re-val mode for 2010, combined with the fact that the homes may be vacant and scheduled for demolition(note we will be doing our field work on this in November), I fully expect to raise the values on these properties since they will now be valued as Vacant Commercial property, not single family homes, and they sale price paid in 2005-06 will not be one of the factors we will use to value.

There is no conspiracy, just me following the laws of New York State on how I value property.
    http://www.speakupwny.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=29

Georgia L Schlager

Ok

Its OK with me if someone who has been a "Party Player/Developer/Sales Agent/Dem.Committee Supporter/Planning Board Chairman and so on" - has what sounds like reasonable answers.

As I said before - I am no expert - he is studying the rules and regs. He was taught, by the County's head property guy. He also just happens to be a Dem.Com. Big shot and operates mainly with his developer buddies here in Lancaster.

When asked about his relationship with Bella Vista, and Joe Coppola in particular - he said, "I know allot of people and he doesn't stand out" - some thing to that affect.

That was less than honest, I believe he stood up as a best man at Joe's wedding. I also believe he and Bella Vista and Marrano homes are tied at the hip.

My parents bought our first new build from Marrano in the late seventy's. We had family members in the same schools and at St.Marys when Terry McCracken was there.

I would hope he has the character to stand up for whats right. From what I see he was and is devoted to the Dem.Com. in Lancaster or else he wouldn't be where he is.

He has first hand knowledge probably as much, if not more than Supervisor Giza when it comes to who's building or going to build in Lancaster.

The only reason they got rid of the lady who used to run that Department was because she was the last "Non-Dem. Com. devotee"

Time will tell the rest of the story!

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Its OK with me if someone who has been a "Party Player/Developer/Sales Agent/Dem.Committee Supporter/Planning Board Chairman and so on" - has what sounds like reasonable answers.

As I said before - I am no expert - he is studying the rules and regs. He was taught, by the County's head property guy. He also just happens to be a Dem.Com. Big shot and operates mainly with his developer buddies here in Lancaster.

When asked about his relationship with Bella Vista, and Joe Coppola in particular - he said, "I know allot of people and he doesn't stand out" - some thing to that affect.

That was less than honest, I believe he stood up as a best man at Joe's wedding. I also believe he and Bella Vista and Marrano homes are tied at the hip.

Are you Insane?I was not in Joes C's wedding party.Where on earth did you get that information?Untrue/unfounded an another example of you spilling lies and distortions to fit your agenda.

Marrano Homes and Bella Vista-I have no idea of their relationship-I have never had any interest , emplyment etc with either-Why do you continue to try and say I do-I would ask for proof, but there is none.

My parents bought our first new build from Marrano in the late seventy's. We had family members in the same schools and at St.Marys when Terry McCracken was there.

I would hope he has the character to stand up for whats right. From what I see he was and is devoted to the Dem.Com. in Lancaster or else he wouldn't be where he is.

He has first hand knowledge probably as much, if not more than Supervisor Giza when it comes to who's building or going to build in Lancaster.

The only reason they got rid of the lady who used to run that Department was because she was the last "Non-Dem. Com. devotee"

Time will tell the rest of the story!
    Are you insane- I was not a member of Joe C's wedding party-where on earth did you get that information-Some of what you say has some fact, but much of what you list is based on rumor and innuendo-that comments tops it.Unlike other people, when you put a falsehood out on me, I come to the website, and list the facts.

As far as any relationship between Bella Vista and Marrano-how would I know if there is if any-I have never worked with either, had any financial interest in either nor have any idea on the business of either. I really wish you would STICK TO THE FACTS.

Just so you know, my relationship with Bella Vista is so good, I am currently in court with them on assessment challenges they have on three of their properties, which I feel we have assesed properly.

My previous posts talk to how we value property. Since you have questions, I urge you to come to my next Public Meeting on February 17th at the senior center at 6:30 PM, where I review all the process of the re-assessment project before you make accusations.We will be fair, we will do the best job we can, and if a taxpayer has issues with our values, we will have a process that they can use to meet wit us and review their values.

I will address one point on valations of Subdivision lots- we do not value them as a buldable lot until the infrastucture (roads./Utilities etc) are put in. At that point they go to an Assessed Value of $40,000 per lot. Note that will be increasing to about $43-$45,000 with our 2010 values. That will happen at Deer Run (or any subdivision) when that happens. Also Note we must value as of the condition of the property as of 3/1-That is the law.

Again- I am always open to meet with you or anyone rergarding questions you may have on the process.
    Last edited by DMarrano; January 17th, 2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: I want to move part of Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information