Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lancaster Republican Party Chair resigns

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Hey newbie, I am trying to figure out whether you are a staunch prototype “Breezy’ Democrat, a disgruntled Republican who was and is pissed off regarding the recent Republican Party Chair election and being vindictive, or just a moron. Your next post should give some indication on which it is.
    First off, Matthews didn’t resign in disgrace. He had enough of the **** people like you are peddling.

And just like the anonymous keyboard warrior Breezy, you also post under a pseudonym which in your mind allows you to be the gutless/clueless paradigm for morals and competence.

Do you also want to claim that it is only Republicans who are ethically challenged; that there are no skeletons in the Democratic Party closet? Is it your focus to simply deprecate solely the republicans or to incite a nasty election campaign where both sides slander and drag each other through the mud? There isn’t one candidate in any Town of Lancaster politico party that doesn’t have something personal out there he or she wishes were not exposed.

So if candidate ‘x’ once screwed a goat 20 years ago, but has led an exemplary life since, he or she is not qualified to serve – unless he or she was a member of your party? Is that right? No wonder good people are put off from running for a position in one of the most corrupt and unethical agencies in the world. This is today’s world of mean-spirited, identity politics, guilt by association and all the other BS practices.

As I always say: With rare exception all politicos suck!

Speaking of corrupt and unethical, if you look up the meaning of the words in the dictionary you will find pictures of Hillary, Cuomo and De Blasio.

Lee,

What does it matter if I am a "newbie" or not? I am a longtime reader of this forum and have been active in Lancaster politics for years. Ever hear of Argumentum ad hominem? I expect these types of comments from someone like Breezy, not you.

"He had enough of the **** people like you are peddling." - Really??? He simply just "had enough" and is resigning NOW? Are you aware that he only took the chairmanship because he was told to and no one else wanted the position at the time? He obeyed his overlords and held the chairmanship. Now all of a sudden he has "had enough." Oh and by the way, it just so happens to coincide with all of this immoral behavior being brought to light. Think there Lee! And, the only **** people like me are peddling are his own actions. I am simply pointing out his appalling and immoral behavior. If he has had enough of it, he should probably take a good long look in the mirror!

"Do you also want to claim that it is only Republicans who are ethically challenged" - I never claimed in my post that ONLY Republicans are ethically challenged. I agree that Democrats have just as many (often more) ethics problems of their own. I am simply staying on the topic of this thread. Feel free to start a new post about Lancaster Democrats and their ethics problems. I will gladly chime in on those threads.

"So if candidate ‘x’ once screwed a goat 20 years ago, but has led an exemplary life since, he or she is not qualified to serve" - REALLY Lee? You are dragging this thread into bestiality??? I really don't care what an elected official did 20 years ago. What I do care about is their CURRENT conduct while holding office and representing me. I never once mentioned anything that an elected official did BEFORE they were in office.

The fact that all of these events took place involving elected officials and on county time is concerning and frankly immoral. And the fact that the issue still remains uncorrected with Mr. Morton still employing Mr. Matthews to run his district office is appalling. This will not bode well for Mr. Morton and his re-election bid. But, that is just my "newbie" opinion. So, believe what you want and only time will tell.

Lancaster Resident - I apologize for choosing a similar screen name. I was in no way attempting to impersonate your account. I wasn't aware of your account and I would have chosen a different screen name would I have known. I am simply a concerned Lancaster Resident and I thought the screen name was appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanc_Resident View Post
    Lee,

What does it matter if I am a "newbie" or not? I am a longtime reader of this forum and have been active in Lancaster politics for years. Ever hear of Argumentum ad hominem? I expect these types of comments from someone like Breezy, not you.

"He had enough of the **** people like you are peddling." - Really??? He simply just "had enough" and is resigning NOW? Are you aware that he only took the chairmanship because he was told to and no one else wanted the position at the time? He obeyed his overlords and held the chairmanship. Now all of a sudden he has "had enough." Oh and by the way, it just so happens to coincide with all of this immoral behavior being brought to light. Think there Lee! And, the only **** people like me are peddling are his own actions.
    I am simply pointing out his appalling and immoral behavior. If he has had enough of it, he should probably take a good long look in the mirror!
    "Do you also want to claim that it is only Republicans who are ethically challenged" - I never claimed in my post that ONLY Republicans are ethically challenged. I agree that Democrats have just as many (often more) ethics problems of their own. I am simply staying on the topic of this thread. Feel free to start a new post about Lancaster Democrats and their ethics problems. I will gladly chime in on those threads.

"So if candidate ‘x’ once screwed a goat 20 years ago, but has led an exemplary life since, he or she is not qualified to serve" - REALLY Lee? You are dragging this thread into bestiality??? I really don't care what an elected official did 20 years ago. What I do care about is their CURRENT conduct while holding office and representing me. I never once mentioned anything that an elected official did BEFORE they were in office.

The fact that all of these events took place involving elected officials and on county time is concerning and frankly immoral. And the fact that the issue still remains uncorrected with Mr. Morton still employing Mr. Matthews to run his district office is appalling. This will not bode well for Mr. Morton and his re-election bid. But, that is just my "newbie" opinion. So, believe what you want and only time will tell.

Lancaster Resident - I apologize for choosing a similar screen name. I was in no way attempting to impersonate your account. I wasn't aware of your account and I would have chosen a different screen name would I have known. I am simply a concerned Lancaster Resident and I thought the screen name was appropriate.

Thank you for your enlightened moral judgments:

Guess it's better than having a Jenny while having a Genny

Georgia L Schlager

Originally posted by Lanc_Resident:
    The fact that all of these events took place involving elected officials and on county time is concerning and frankly immoral.
    What elected officials are you speaking of?

Georgia L Schlager

Lee,

"He had enough of the **** people like you are peddling." - Really??? He simply just "had enough" and is resigning NOW? Are you aware that he only took the chairmanship because he was told to and no one else wanted the position at the time? He obeyed his overlords and held the chairmanship. Now all of a sudden he has "had enough." Oh and by the way, it just so happens to coincide with all of this immoral behavior being brought to light. Think there Lee! And, the only **** people like me are peddling are his own actions. I am simply pointing out his appalling and immoral behavior. If he has had enough of it, he should probably take a good long look in the mirror!

If you are sincere in stating that partisan party politics holds no water with you, then I apologize for my rhetoric and tone as I believed otherwise.
    However, it was your statement that brought about the confusion: It's time to clear the Republican party of these scumbags!

Matthews may have been coerced into taking the Republican Party Committee leadership (Chair) but I would offer that what was taking place with this party fell miles short of becoming a contending party for years under other leaderships – to the point where town campaigns found no Republicans running for some elected positions.

Yes, Langworthy encouraged Matthews to run because what was in place was appalling. Unfortunately Matthews didn’t possess the leadership skills or tenacity to overcome the inner party turmoil and even some Republican Party committee members left to join the Conservative Party as they also had enough of the inner conflict.

Please tell me what Matthews did that was so immoral and impacted his ability to serve and/or affected his service when Chair; and/or to now serve as Morton’s aide?

With all the hate speech and turmoil going on globally, is this such a big deal and a reason to ruin an individual’s character; especially when the Republican Party is being overrun with mavericks with personal agendas.

It’s time to problem solve and not sow dissension. Party politics be damned! The community’s best interest should be served!

Lee,

Hello,

I thought I would make a few comments & clarifications in response to some of what you have stated in the aforementioned.

1. Robert Matthews was not forced to take the position of Chair of the Republican Party.

2. There was already a Chairperson in place in fact voted in, Georgette Pellerterri, she stepped down and Robert Matthews was put in place.

3. Average folks run for positions such as Chair to task a very difficult movement. Robert Matthews was critical in changing the political dynamics in Lancaster.

You obviously have a disdain for Robert Matthews & Ted Morton which has an appearance of something very personal to you. Perhaps you did not get the endorsement, and you have an ax to grind. It is very apparent in your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Hello,

I thought I would make a few comments & clarifications in response to some of what you have stated in the aforementioned.

1. Robert Matthews was not forced to take the position of Chair of the Republican Party.

2. There was already a Chairperson in place in fact voted in, Georgette Pellerterri, she stepped down and Robert Matthews was put in place.

3. Average folks run for positions such as Chair to task a very difficult movement. Robert Matthews was critical in changing the political dynamics in Lancaster.

You obviously have a disdain for Robert Matthews & Ted Morton which has an appearance of something very personal to you. Perhaps you did not get the endorsement, and you have an ax to grind. It is very apparent in your posts.

Hello shortstuff,

1. I never said he was "forced" into anything. I am sure he knew it was in his best interest to remain in good standing with the party and accept it as a placeholder. Whatever the situation may have been behind closed doors, we will never know. But, we can tell it was a self-serving gesture for him. He never expressed any interest in becoming chairman prior.

2. You are correct. I don't know how it's relevant to the conversation?

3. REALLY? How exactly was he critical in changing the dynamics of ANYTHING let alone the politics of Lancaster? Please enlighten us to ANYTHING he did specifically that benefited the Lancaster Republican party and are now better off for? Did you forget about the disastrous election cycle of 2015 that he presided over? He was a lame duck placeholder and did only the bare minimum to "act" as chair. Yes, I'll admit it was a very turbulent time in Lancaster Republican politics. But, he did nothing but sit on the sidelines and watch. Have you heard the man's public speaking skills? Appalling is an understatement!

I have no specific axe to grind with the two I mention. I am merely stating what I and many others are seeing - immoral and unethical actions by elected officials. As I mention, the situation with Ted Morton still has yet to be rectified. Matthews has stepped down as chair (for obvious reasons) but still remains the aid to Morton. Clearly this is going to come up as the election cycle grinds on. So conversely I say to you: You obviously have content for Robert Matthews and Ted Morton and continue to defend them for some reason. Maybe you are related/friends/co-workers or somehow otherwise connected to the people I mention? I see no other reason why you would defend such appalling actions?

Hello shortstuff,

1. I never said he was "forced" into anything. I am sure he knew it was in his best interest to remain in good standing with the party and accept it as a placeholder. Whatever the situation may have been behind closed doors, we will never know. But, we can tell it was a self-serving gesture for him. He never expressed any interest in becoming chairman prior.

3. REALLY? How exactly was he critical in changing the dynamics of ANYTHING let alone the politics of Lancaster? Please enlighten us to ANYTHING he did specifically that benefited the Lancaster Republican party and are now better off for? Did you forget about the disastrous election cycle of 2015 that he presided over? He was a lame duck placeholder and did only the bare minimum to "act" as chair. Yes, I'll admit it was a very turbulent time in Lancaster Republican politics. But, he did nothing but sit on the sidelines and watch. Have you heard the man's public speaking skills? Appalling is an understatement!

I have no specific axe to grind with the two I mention. I am merely stating what I and many others are seeing - immoral and unethical actions by elected officials. As I mention, the situation with Ted Morton still has yet to be rectified. Matthews has stepped down as chair (for obvious reasons) but still remains the aid to Morton. Clearly this is going to come up as the election cycle grinds on. So conversely I say to you: You obviously have content for Robert Matthews and Ted Morton and continue to defend them for some reason. Maybe you are related/friends/co-workers or somehow otherwise connected to the people I mention? I see no other reason why you would defend such appalling actions?
    I'm neither related or a coworker to both Matthew's or Morton. I am very happy with Ted Morton's accomplishments as Legislator, as for Bobby Matthews I have seen him grow from a very young Chairperson into a seasoned young adult.

If you knew Bob Matthews and how he managed the party I suppose you would not be asking those questions. Bob Matthews was not the only person in that party that made the party operate. It was a collection of committee members running the party.

My position or opinion towards both these fellows has absolutely nothing to do with whatever you seem to be speaking about. My opinion or position is mine, if you don't like it, too bad.

This is not written in support of any candidate. It is offered as a refutation to unsupported trash talk.

[QUOTE][QUOTE=[QUOTE]
    Lanc_Resident;1724547. Whatever the situation may have been behind closed doors, we will never know. But, we can tell it was a self-serving gesture for him.[
    You admit to a lack of confirmed information. Therefore, your comments are based on unsupported facts.

Regarding your remarks concerning a self-serving gesture, it seems to me that one can act in one's own best interest without having a natharius reason. To do otherwise would be to contradict the laws of nature.

Have you heard the man's public speaking skills? Appalling is an understatement!
    How do "the man's" public speaking skills relate to your "allegations? How do those skills impact his job with Mr. Morton?

Are you a speech pathologist, or are you searching for the second incarnation of William Jennings Bryan?

I have no specific axe to grind with the two I mention. I am merely stating what I and many others are seeing - immoral and unethical actions by elected officials.
    I do not know what visions you, or the other eleven Apostles, are "seeing," but IF if you have information of unethical public conduct, there is The Ethics In Government Act, which functions under the provisions of The Public Officers Law, SS73, SS73a, and SS74. That Act provides legal remedy for any concerns that you may have.

IMHO, your efforts would be more productively expended pursuing those legally-prescribed channels, rather than these gratuitously negative postings, which only serve the cause of public castigation.

As for "immoral" conduct, since you do not allege any issue of criminal conduct, may I suggest quietly mentoring the subject, and/or praying for the stained soul?

This is not a defense of anyone. It is not an endorsement of anyone. This type of personal character assassination turns my stomach.

[QUOTE=Lanc_Resident;1724547]

Maybe not forced, but strongly urged by Langworthy to seek the Chairmanship and bring about change and town council victory in the elections.

It is relevant because the resignation was the result of the change that was coming.

Outside of the demeaning comment on the man’s speaking skills, I agree with your opinion. Nice guy, but not cut out for the dirty side of politics. Did not, could not combat the seedy side of the opposition.

You don’t have an axe to grind but found it relevant to disparage the character of two individuals; especially the one ethical charge against Matthews that is unfounded and untrue. He is qualified and ethically suited to serve on the Republican Party Committee as Morton’s aide.

If you do not feel the same about Morton, do not vote for him..

[QUOTE=mark blazejewski;1724602]This is not written in support of any candidate. It is offered as a refutation to unsupported trash talk.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by [QUOTE

You admit to a lack of confirmed information. Therefore, your comments are based on unsupported facts.

Regarding your remarks concerning a self-serving gesture, it seems to me that one can act in one's own best interest without having a natharius reason. To do otherwise would be to contradict the laws of nature.

How do "the man's" public speaking skills relate to your "allegations? How do those skills impact his job with Mr. Morton?

Are you a speech pathologist, or are you searching for the second incarnation of William Jennings Bryan?

I do not know what visions you, or the other eleven Apostles, are "seeing," but IF if you have information of unethical public conduct, there is The Ethics In Government Act, which functions under the provisions of The Public Officers Law, SS73, SS73a, and SS74. That Act provides legal remedy for any concerns that you may have.

IMHO, your efforts would be more productively expended pursuing those legally-prescribed channels, rather than these gratuitously negative postings, which only serve the cause of public castigation.

As for "immoral" conduct, since you do not allege any issue of criminal conduct, may I suggest quietly mentoring the subject, and/or praying for the stained soul?

This is not a defense of anyone. It is not an endorsement of anyone. This type of personal character assassination turns my stomach.
    Excellent post!

[QUOTE=Lee Chowaniec;1724635]

Maybe not forced, but strongly urged by Langworthy to seek the Chairmanship and bring about change and town council victory in the elections.

It is relevant because the resignation was the result of the change that was coming.

Outside of the demeaning comment on the man’s speaking skills, I agree with your opinion. Nice guy, but not cut out for the dirty side of politics. Did not, could not combat the seedy side of the opposition.

You don’t have an axe to grind but found it relevant to disparage the character of two individuals; especially the one ethical charge against Matthews that is unfounded and untrue. He is qualified and ethically suited to serve on the Republican Party Committee as Morton’s aide.

If you do not feel the same about Morton, do not vote for him..
    Excellent post!

Getting back to the main topic: Mr. Matthews is a disgrace and did resign as such. His lack of morals and character has shown: GOOD RIDDANCE to him! It was long overdue and the Lancaster Republican party is better off without the likes of him at the helm.

I am not a fan of Breezy, but he/she does have a point: This whole mess does not bode well for Mr. Morton. He was either completely oblivious to the situation, or he was complacent and a facilitator. This shows he is either completely incompetent and aloof of what goes on in HIS district office. Or the more likely scenario where he is complacent with immoral staff and unethical behavior on county time. The fact that Mr. Morton has yet to rectify the situation and still has these types of characters representing him in his district office speaks volumes for his character. Just add that to the list of other ethics problems Mr. Morton has had in the past. It's gonna be a tough election year for him indeed!

It's time to clear the Republican party of these scumbags!
    Anyone who thinks Ted Morton deserves re-election should review this entire thread before Election Day!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information