Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Billion bombshell seemingly fits into the Buffalo narrative

Tony Fracasso - Admin

Buffalo Billion bombshell seemingly fits into the Buffalo narrative

Buffalo Billion bombshell seemingly fits into the Buffalo narrative

If you’ve been here long enough, you can feel it in your bones. It seeps into your psyche. It is built into your roots.
    You do not shake the feeling that something will go wrong. You wait for the bad news that inevitably follows the good. You know, with 8 seconds left, the ball will not go through the uprights.
    This, after all, is Buffalo, the hard-luck town that, for years, could not escape its decades-long descent into rusty nostalgia. The place that needed a jingle to goad residents into talking proud. A city more accustomed to broken promises than victory.

Read the Full Story in the Buffalo News

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Odd. I posted a video and the thread wasn't displaying correctly. I had to start it over.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Everyone is literally flabbergasted,’ state source says of Buffalo Billion probe

ALBANY – One was like a son to the late Gov. Mario M. Cuomo and brother to the current governor, Andrew M. Cuomo.

The other was a longtime friend of Andrew Cuomo, starting out as a trusted staffer to Mario Cuomo in the 1980s, a job that placed him in a harrowing emergency landing in a smoke-filled plane with the former governor in 1988.

But now, Joseph Percoco and Todd Howe are part of U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara’s year-old expanding investigation into Andrew Cuomo’s Buffalo Billion program.

Read the full article

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    WNYresident

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not surprised. We have a lot of incompetent people in office

Jeff

You can't have the government throw a billion dollars at anything and not have fraud, corruption and favors.....

WNYresident

Yes you can. You just have the wrong people in office. People who take their self interest first before the tax payers best interest. Funny part is many play the "I didn't know what was going on". You don't see them jumping on rumors when in fact many times those rumors are true in the end.

When a Politician uses tax dollars to finance a factory for a Company that has a track record that includes a "Federal Investigation" of its last Government financed failure - what else should we expect ?

Well, he did get reelected so mission accomplished !
    Next we can elect Mrs.Hillary Clinton who promises more of the same .
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Whenever A & B get together to spend C's money, fraud will result.

Just breaking on the Democratic public relations operation locally known as ch 2 news Solar city is providing only 500 jobs at the $700 million boondoggle known as Riverbend. Mayor Erkel and the hopelessly inept Assembly man Sean Ryan (supposedly) knew nothing about this until advised by ch 2. As the old grump has been saying since day one: house of cards, folks, house of cards.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    SolarCity slashes Buffalo factory commitment

SolarCity has sharply reduced its job creation commitment for the solar panel manufacturing plant under construction in Buffalo from 1,460 to 500 jobs, according to state records and filings the company submitted to the Securities and Exchange Commission last fall.

The company remains committed to a total of 1,460 jobs in Buffalo, but the majority of them will not be employed at the plant. Documents do not specify what kind of jobs they might be.

http://www.investigativepost.org/201...campaign=ipost

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    SolarCity slashes Buffalo factory commitment

http://www.investigativepost.org/201...campaign=ipost
    I think it amounts to 1.3 million dollars per jobs.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    I'm going to search some previous threads. I'm pretty sure said this was a stupid use of our money and that IDA's need to be abolished. I bet the politically connected lawyers got their cuts on this project.

I don't think any IDA's were involved. The only one would be ECIDA which is notoriously corrupt and typically spends more $/ job created than almost any IDA in NY. But no, I think this boondoggle was run by Cuomo and his local minions like Sam Hoyt @ Empire State Development. This was part of a Cuomo budget deal from a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I don't think any IDA's were involved.
    Correct. The buffalo billion money is NYS funding from Albany. I don't think any local IDA's get a cut from it.

Sorry, I thought that "funding" was from our tax dollars ?
    So was the funding for Solyndra !
    The real question is "Who got played, who got paid" ?
    Just my two cents.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

The total number of jobs haven't changed ... so they say.

Everyone, the last post on this thread supposedly made by me was not posted by me. I'm not a big fan of class action lawsuits which typically line the pockets of the lawyers for the class while the class members end up with $25 worth of coupons or something. And while I'm no expert on the subject I can't see a court certifying the taxpayers of NYS as a class. My post, part of which is quoted in the last post attributed to me has disappeared from the thread. It must have been there else wise no one could've grabbed the quote.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information