Thread: Buffalo Niagara population loss.

Buffalo Niagara population loss.

I guess no one is hanging around here as people continue to leave this area and the state. Same old story high taxes, new state fees, no jobs and the laws these idiot politicians continue to burden people with. I thought for sure everyone would be moving in to this area because of cannelside.

Do we blame Cuomo? “Every single county in New York, except for three, had net out-domestic migration.” Another big factor which will effect this area. Erie County's population is higher than it was five years ago, but the trend line does not appear promising, particularly if federal government policy changes diminish immigration numbers.

Erie County is losing population – but that’s happening across the state.

More people are moving out than moving in here, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

The 2016 estimate reverses a growth trend in Erie County and in New York State, where population dropped for the first time in a decade.

“People are moving away from the state,” said Peter Borsella, a demographer with the Census Bureau’s Population Estimates Branch. “Every single county in New York, except for three, had net out-domestic migration.”Niagara County's population, meanwhile, continues to fall at a steady but steeper rate. The Census Bureau estimated its population for last year to be 211,758, a decline of 764 people.

The metropolitan statistical area, including Buffalo, Cheektowaga (cheek is right up there with the high crime cities) and Niagara Falls, shows greater population losses since the growth leveled off in 2014. The Buffalo metro area still ranks among the top 50 metropolitan areas nationwide – barely. It ranks 50th. More troubling is that the metro area had the 10th biggest numerical decline in population in the nation.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/23/la...pulation-loss/
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Bit of a gut punch here.

FWIW, Canalside is not about getting people to move to Buffalo. It's about making Buffalo tolerable for those who are fortunate to have an income that can withstand the tax level and who want to live in the region for personal reasons.

And no, at this point you don't blame Cuomo. You can't blame Poloncarz and you can't blame Brown either. Every one of them has won election by a landslide....multiple times. If you have an issue with the state of New York State the only person you can blame is yourself for still being a resident.

But it does stink as I had hoped the bottom had been reached.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Bit of a gut punch here.

FWIW, Canalside is not about getting people to move to Buffalo. It's about making Buffalo tolerable for those who are fortunate to have an income that can withstand the tax level and who want to live in the region for personal reasons.

And no, at this point you don't blame Cuomo. You can't blame Poloncarz and you can't blame Brown either. Every one of them has won election by a landslide....multiple times. If you have an issue with the state of New York State the only person you can blame is yourself for still being a resident.

Despite the pro business advertising NY does making us believe that we are on the upswing the business climate here is still not great in my opinion. So less expansion and relocation of business to NY less jobs.. which as you know is the keystone for everything. For the large demographic older folks with means the weather and taxes definitely figure into the equation.

On a bright spot I do remember that Buffalo metro area ranked highly for places to be during a recession and global warming, both of which are inevitable in my opinion.
    the weather and taxes definitely plays a part

It's a shame to see the population drop especially after a couple of growing and/or stable years. What I do find odd is that the region has been adding jobs for 5+ years now. Granted it doesn't take into account underemployment but you would think population would be growing based on the job increases.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/03/23/hi...dds-7000-jobs/

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post
    It's a shame to see the population drop especially after a couple of growing and/or stable years. What I do find odd is that the region has been adding jobs for 5+ years now. Granted it doesn't take into account underemployment but you would think population would be growing based on the job increases.

The population was never growing or stable. The US Census caught Erie County lying about the number of Immigrants coming from other countries and using that number to try to offset the yearly population loss's. If anything slowed Erie County Population loss's back then, it was because of the national recession and it didn't effect WNY because WNY has been in it's own recession for 50 years for different reasons and now the national recession is over
    Last edited by jennifer7; March 24th, 2017 at 10:37 AM.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post

Bottom is still lower down. Won't stop as long as we have the same faces/social clubs making decisions in New York State. As long as groups want to give away net tax payer's money those on the receiving end will continue to elect the same people.

I finally reached the opinion that people should just move from New York State because it is in their best interest to do so.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Despite the pro business advertising NY does making us believe that we are on the upswing the business climate here is still not great in my opinion. So less expansion and relocation of business to NY less jobs.. which as you know is the keystone for everything. For the large demographic older folks with means the weather and taxes definitely figure into the equation.

On a bright spot I do remember that Buffalo metro area ranked highly for places to be during a recession and global warming, both of which are inevitable in my opinion.
    the weather and taxes definitely plays a part
    Pro business for a select few. It just isn't "state" taxes/fees/regulations but property taxes as well. We pay more than we need to for services including for services that are probably not needed.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post

There are no growing or stable years. The only reason Erie County stayed flat was by the importation of refugees by various groups who are paid to do so. If you remove the 15,000 refugees imported into Erie County over the last 10 to 15 years I'm pretty sure we would see a population drop.

Basically what Jennifer said.

As more taxpaying contributors to the system leave the area...and more refugees (15,000 subsidized by our tax dollars) who mostly contribute nothing ...except a burden on our system...the pot of money dwindles ...and those left will be taxed more to offset the loss ...and as our areacontinues to die off...I wonder who will be able to afford/occupy all those $1000/$2000 converted loft apartments that have also been subsidized by our tax dollar$??

The old grump has been saying for years that the narrative that millenials and others were flocking to WNY was nothing but horsesh*t. The only people coming here are Arabs, Ubangis and other useless unproductive types who are rapidly spirited through the welfare system by the Catholic Church and the Democratic Party to quickly put them on the dependency dole upon which the Democrats rely. Don't think so? Swing by the daily meeting of the local branch of the Arab league any week day at Social Security downtown.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    “The immigration wave to Erie County and Western New York has been a boon for us in regards to stabilizing our population,” said Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz:
    http://on.wgrz.com/2ngdqsN

BUFFALO - Upstate New York continues to shrink.

Estimates from the US Census Bureau have Upstate losing 73-thousand people since 2010. It largely the same story in western New York.

Of the eight counties that make up the region, all but one has lost population. The exception is Erie County, which managed to eek out population growth of 0.2%.

Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz says that thanks to an influx of immigrants.

“The immigration wave to Erie County and western New York has been a boon for us in regards to stabilizing our population,” says Poloncarz.

Census data suggests 23,465 people have arrived in western New York in the last six-years. They come from points all around the globe. Most are from the Middles East, Africa and Asia.

Immigrants and refugees offset what demographers call "domestic migration", people native to the region who leave. But will western New York be able to continue to depend on immigrants and refugees to bolster the population?
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/immig...ping/425388868

Cities like Troy and Buffalo seem to want to use refugees as a population booster. No skills, no language, different culture....

And to top it off, a few of Obama's dreamers raped a minor in a school bathroom. When will government start looking out for citizen's best interests first instead of foriegn nationals from all over the world? It really makes me sick to my stomach.

These leftist a- holes that claim families are being broken apart... well who's fault is that? I can smuggle drugs into China and put my family structure at risk by breaking a law.What other country in the world does tolerates crap like that? You can destroy a population and make it's citizens miserable with huddled masses yearning for freedom. This isn't 1850 anymore and we need to realize that.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    When will government start looking out for citizen's best interests first instead of foriegn nationals from all over the world? It really makes me sick to my stomach.

These leftist a- holes that claim families are being broken apart... well who's fault is that? I can smuggle drugs into China and put my family structure at risk by breaking a law.What other country in the world does tolerates crap like that? You can destroy a population and make it's citizens miserable with huddled masses yearning for freedom. This isn't 1850 anymore and we need to realize that.
    Let us focus on that highlighted sentence.

When will the www.ecdems.com and associated town board members throughout Erie County start looking out for local USA citizens/property owners best interest?

Lets get to the meat of the matter.

Board members, Erie County Legislators and associated party people who support this nonsense directly cause our cost of living to be higher than it needs to be. They don't care because they get to line their pockets as they move up the "political ladder". Right?

What other way can property/business owners in Erie County look at the situation based on the decisions those in "government" make?

I don't understand Mark Poloncarz's attitude with refugees. Being County Exec he get's to witness first hand the cost that refugees add to the host community. Welfare whether short term or not is a cost. There a cost to the property owners by way of increased school taxes and so on. There's a cost when grant money is spent to subsidize businesses to hire refugees while not hiring local residents.

Refugees are human being just like everyone else. We should show compassion and help others. That doesn't mean to take people's money to the point where families/business leave the community because the cost of living/doing business is too high because of actions by "government".

https://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/defaul...che=1400180538

Here is an idea. Why don't the groups that import refugees including Mark move to a far "richer" area of the USA? Take their skill set and operate in that community. Work in increase their cost of living instead of ours?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Bottom is still lower down. Won't stop as long as we have the same faces/social clubs making decisions in New York State. As long as groups want to give away net tax payer's money those on the receiving end will continue to elect the same people.

I finally reached the opinion that people should just move from New York State because it is in their best interest to do so.
    Erie County is taking out a Multi Million loan to pay for and build a new larger ER building at ECMC and the Erie County Control Board approved it (? Why does the City of Buffalo & Erie County both still have 2 Control Boards going on for 10+ Years ?) When you take out a loan & borrow money, you need to pay back interest, taxpayers are footing the bill & paying the added interest. Just about when ECMC's new larger ER Dept opens is when The Berger Commission meets again to consolidate Hospitals and the word on the street is Sisters Hospital at St Joe's Campus in Cheektowaga and Sisters Hospital in Buffalo are on the bubble to be closed by the Berger Commission because their
    are too many beds for the declining population and that is the real reason why ECMC is builidng a larger ER
    Last edited by jennifer7; March 25th, 2017 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Let us focus on that highlighted sentence.

When will the www.ecdems.com and associated town board members throughout Erie County start looking out for local USA citizens/property owners best interest?

Lets get to the meat of the matter.

Board members, Erie County Legislators and associated party people who support this nonsense directly cause our cost of living to be higher than it needs to be. They don't care because they get to line their pockets as they move up the "political ladder". Right?

What other way can property/business owners in Erie County look at the situation based on the decisions those in "government" make?

I don't understand Mark Poloncarz's attitude with refugees. Being County Exec he get's to witness first hand the cost that refugees add to the host community. Welfare whether short term or not is a cost. There a cost to the property owners by way of increased school taxes and so on. There's a cost when grant money is spent to subsidize businesses to hire refugees while not hiring local residents.

Refugees are human being just like everyone else. We should show compassion and help others. That doesn't mean to take people's money to the point where families/business leave the community because the cost of living/doing business is too high because of actions by "government".

https://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/defaul...che=1400180538

Here is an idea. Why don't the groups that import refugees including Mark move to a far "richer" area of the USA? Take their skill set and operate in that community. Work in increase their cost of living instead of ours?
    Honestly the US doesn't need any more refugees. We would be serving all countries and this planet if we spear headed birth control efforts in these areas that are out of control with people being born into poverty.
    10's of millions born into such and the US talks about taking in a few hundred thousand to a million? Not even making a dent. Governments need to start tackling tough issues, such as pension underfunding, debt, trade imbalances, medicaide. Half the children born in NY are born with medicaide tax dollars. If there is a currency collapse or derivative, pension, student/auto loan time bomb then a lot of people are going to be SOL.

Thread Information