Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Boulevard Mall, And Yet another WNY Mall closing soon !!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    There is a difference between talking about WNY from an outsiders perspective and sh*tting on WNY because you don't live there anymore and are unhappy with your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    Speaking of unhappy, go watch NHL Center Ice, watch the crowds inside all the arena's, the people walking outside and around the concession area's. In Buffalo, the crowd has no laughter and no smiles. At all the other arena's, you see people laughing, smiling, dancing. Don't believe me, go watch for yourself

I think I do see it now. It's the tone of the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So you guys don't see a value on how other people see Buffalo/Erie County basically from outside of NYS?
    I have a habit of telling every customer over the course of conversation that I'm from Buffalo. 3-5 customers per day for over 3 1/2 years is a lot of people to go by. Besides the snow comments, I never get a negative comment. Most seem to know someone from Buffalo (I always said everyone knows someone from Buffalo...lol), or that they've been there and thought, or haven't been there but heard it's a nice city. That's the outsider's perspective.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Speaking of unhappy, go watch NHL Center Ice, watch the crowds inside all the arena's, the people walking outside and around the concession area's. In Buffalo, the crowd has no laughter and no smiles. At all the other arena's, you see people laughing, smiling, dancing. Don't believe me, go watch for yourself
    I have, you're wrong. I see the same thing in Buffalo as other arena's.
    HipKat's Blog

I moved to AZ during the recession and it was booming compared to what I left in Erie County and even during the recession years, AZ was still gaining large population increases every single year during the Recession and their were jobs and new construction going on.
    Well anywhere is a boom compared to Erie county.
    But Arizona is hardly the model for economic rebuilding.
    The Housing market has had constant peeks and valleys since the housing bust of 2008. They still have a foreclosure rate that's higher then the national average.
    And that population growth was primarily in Maricopa county which has almost 2/3rds of the states population.
    And financially that county is in some serious distress. http://www.statedatalab.org/state_da...detail/arizona
    When I moved out of NY 5 years ago Az was on my list. But my sister, who lived in Tempe at the time said to stay away.
    So I chose Texico.
    And while it has an economy that is more stable then NY's.
    It has all the same public salary, pension, benefit money problems as NY.
    Just it only costs me $4,000/yr in property tax instead of $14,000.
    But just like most states, it is already facing pension shortfalls.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDNY View Post
    The Housing market has had constant peeks and valleys since the housing bust of 2008. They still have a foreclosure rate that's higher then the national average.
    And that population growth was primarily in Maricopa county which has almost 2/3rds of the states population.
    And financially that county is in some serious distress. http://www.statedatalab.org/state_da...detail/arizona
    When I moved out of NY 5 years ago Az was on my list. But my sister, who lived in Tempe at the time said to stay away.
    So I chose Texico.
    Most AZ Cities are doing mass Pension Reform, The City of Phoenix is now doing a 3rd Pension Reform since 2010 and their are tiers, where the most senior workers have a lower percent pension payroll deduction taking out of their checks to where the new worker being hired is having a higher percent pension payroll deduction and it will be like 401K
    Last edited by jennifer7; March 29th, 2017 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEDNY View Post
    So I chose Texico.
    What made you move? How do you like San Antonio?

Most AZ Cities are doing mass Pension Reform, The City of Phoenix is now doing a 3rd Pension Reform since 2010 and their are tiers, where the most senior workers have a lower percent pension payroll deduction taking out of their checks to where the new worker being hired is having a higher percent pension payroll deduction and it will be like 401K
    It won't be enough for the next recession, and that will make 2008 look like a Sunday school picnic.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    It won't be enough for the next recession, and that will make 2008 look like a Sunday school picnic.
    Why would their be another recession in AZ ? but their's waiting lists for apartments and hotel rooms, It's hard to find a parking space
    at the malls, shopping centers, grocery stores etc... You have to wait 1 hour or 2 to get a table at most resturants, the Fitness Centers/gyms are over crowded and the traffic is Insane, but that's what happening when your booming

What made you move? How do you like San Antonio?
    Lots of reasons.
    Basically financially and my situation was good timing.

My former downstate home town (Ramapo NY) had a problem that was unique.
    And Rockland county became the second highest property taxed in the Country.

The last year I lived there my 2,000SF house on 1/2 acre had Property tax of over $14,000/yr.
    So when a man offered me $400,000 cash for the house with no realtor involved, I flew the coop.
    Sold my interest in my business to my partners.

I was lucky that I was in a position to up and move.
    Kids were grown and on their own.
    Both mine and my wifes parents were gone so no one to care for there.
    And I have 2 siblings and many nieces/nephews In Texas.
    As well as a job with my brother.
    It was a no brainer.

Texas is nice.
    Slowly shedding my yankee ways.
    Don't miss winter.
    Do miss my Adirondacks and some of the best fishing around.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Why would their be another recession in AZ ? but their's waiting lists for apartments and hotel rooms, It's hard to find a parking space
    at the malls, shopping centers, grocery stores etc... You have to wait 1 hour or 2 to get a table at most resturants, the Fitness Centers/gyms are over crowded and the traffic is Insane, but that's what happening when your booming
    All the more reason to NOT live in a Metropolis sized city. Truth is, I'm much happier in a town of 30,000
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post

All the more reason to NOT live in a Metropolis sized city. Truth is, I'm much happier in a town of 30,000
    People, business's & Investors are coming for the jobs and to make alot of money, Their's 19 & 20 year olds building new $300,000+ new houses with no degree, and making over 100K just selling cars, selling Gym memberships and other sales jobs ..

People, business's & Investors are coming for the jobs and to make alot of money, Their's 19 & 20 year olds building new $300,000+ new houses with no degree, and making over 100K just selling cars, selling Gym memberships and other sales jobs ..
    You do realize, *******, that these are the first jobs to vaporize when any sort of trouble hits the economy. Right? Commission based jobs are always boom or bust.

What you need to look at is where the pension checks are coming from. It's great that AZ is putting in pension reforms but the majority of your pensioners are collecting pensions from other states. As we all know, those pensions are in trouble. What you're too stupid to see is when, not if but when, those rust belt pensions run into issues it's going to be AZ residents needing services and those services are going to be covered by AZ. Not NY, OH or PA but AZ.

The biggest pension reforms are going to come in health insurance. Most pensioners retired with gold health care that comes at little to no cost. The problem is the current workers are being forced to pay more. Tier 2 was just 20 years ago. Now it's tier 6. At some point in the next 10 or 15 years the rank and file VOTING members of these unions are going to start voting to cut benefits to those who retired and moved away. It's already happened in some police departments. When those medical benefits are cut it's the county/state of where one lives that picks up the burden.

Idiot.

I give up....

I give up....
    It's a 1 to 2 hour wait for restaurants here in Peoria, (Illinois) too. I guess the economy is booming here
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    It's a 1 to 2 hour wait for restaurants here in Peoria, (Illinois) too. I guess the economy is booming here
    I guess we're missing out.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information