Page 1 of 272 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

Had enough yet

Had enough of the circus atmosphere that pervades our country and in no way leads to a unified nation, but one that is either the laughing stock of other countries or scared into thinking Armageddon is upon us.

Had enough of the fake news and afraid to opine on anything for fear of being caught in a “gotcha” moment? Obviously so, as no posting have been submitted on this thread.

Had enough of every rock being overturned to blame Hillary’s loss on – when in fact it was the terribly flawed Hillary herself and the promise of a continued Obama legacy that caused Middle America to bolt from the left.

Had enough of the wide-range left tactics to delegitimize Trump’s victory and to organize tens of thousands of protestors to disrupt the inauguration? Do you believe these tactics will not turn off non Republican voters who voted for a change in direction and again are being intimidated by a Democratic Party whose mantra is tolerance and inclusion?

Had enough being worried that Trump would do all the things he promised in his campaign? He has already walked back much of his rhetoric, his cabinet nominees are contradicting his claims and his hands are legally tied in attempting to keep other promises.

Trump will be inaugurated next week and will be our president for the next four years. It is a shame that we will likely be going through the same crap for the next four years thanks to a biased media and hard core liberals. Is it any wonder registered Republicans and Democrats are leaving their parties and registering as Independents or not party affiliating at all. Is it any wonder that newly registered voters are choosing to register as independents or blanks in higher numbers than ever before.

Once in office Trump has to prove himself; he will be held accountable. He is not being given the chance; not now and most likely not in the future.

Had enough yet? I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Had enough of the circus atmosphere that pervades our country and in no way leads to a unified nation, but one that is either the laughing stock of other countries or scared into thinking Armageddon is upon us.

Had enough of the fake news and afraid to opine on anything for fear of being caught in a “gotcha” moment? Obviously so, as no posting have been submitted on this thread.

Had enough of every rock being overturned to blame Hillary’s loss on – when in fact it was the terribly flawed Hillary herself and the promise of a continued Obama legacy that caused Middle America to bolt from the left.

Had enough of the wide-range left tactics to delegitimize Trump’s victory and to organize tens of thousands of protestors to disrupt the inauguration? Do you believe these tactics will not turn off non Republican voters who voted for a change in direction and again are being intimidated by a Democratic Party whose mantra is tolerance and inclusion?

Had enough being worried that Trump would do all the things he promised in his campaign? He has already walked back much of his rhetoric, his cabinet nominees are contradicting his claims and his hands are legally tied in attempting to keep other promises.

Trump will be inaugurated next week and will be our president for the next four years. It is a shame that we will likely be going through the same crap for the next four years thanks to a biased media and hard core liberals. Is it any wonder registered Republicans and Democrats are leaving their parties and registering as Independents or not party affiliating at all. Is it any wonder that newly registered voters are choosing to register as independents or blanks in higher numbers than ever before.

Once in office Trump has to prove himself; he will be held accountable. He is not being given the chance; not now and most likely not in the future.

Had enough yet? I have.
    The conduct of some on the left has been outrageous. The whining and the crying about perceived bigotry, the over acting by the Hollywood left, allegations of "illegitimacy," and the landmines planted by many (BUT NOT ALL) Democrats, speak volumes about THEIR devotion to a united America.

The planned protests, most probably to stage a visual sideshow to reflect the emergence of a contrived Trump police state, the refusal of many talents to perform at Inaugural events out of "principle," the instigation of Al Sharpton (who remained silent when a special needs white man was tortured by black youths), and the antics of BLM protesters at the Sessions confirmation hearings, are all very unsettling. Hopefully, those incidents were seen for what they were: hyperbolic reactions by agenda-driven, perhaps compensated, left wing extremists who can not accept defeat, and in so doing, want to further divide, if not tear down the nation.

Some Democrat Congressional leaders have directly attacked James Comy as a wild-eyed partisan, and specifically blamed him for Clinton's loss. These same Democrats however, seem indifferent to the fact that Comy's last comments regarding Secretary Clinton, which were prominently reported, were exculpatory. They also remain silent regarding the conduct of Loretta Lynch and Anthony Weiner.

More alarming were the comments made by Congressman John Lewis that Donald Trump's presidency is "illegitimate." Congressman Lewis should realize that Donald Trump speaks for America in a troubled and dangerous world. That was a horrible message to send to both our friends and adversaries. Those words ring of reckless hypocrisy, given the fact that they were uttered by a representative from the political party which has become so security conscious recently.

At noon on Friday, Donald Trump will take the same thirty-five word oath of a office that his forty-three predecessors swore. That oath will be administered by the Chief Justice of the United States. It does not get more legitimate than that.

However, there are some hopeful notes. The President and Mrs. Clinton will attend the Inaugural. Their presence, if not there words, hopefully, will serve to assuage the suspicions and fears of those sincerely impassioned with resentment and anger.

Equally impressive was the acceptance by Robert Kennedy to serve on a commission attendant to the CDC, to address the childhood vaccination issue.

Above all, the kind and open-minded words of Steve Harvey genuinely spoke of his commitment to, and his love for, America.

I am not overly optimistic, but I am hopeful.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 14th, 2017 at 04:50 PM.

Ok, I get it but I still wonder where all this devotion to a unified America was from the right the last 8 years?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Ok, I get it but I still wonder where all this devotion to a unified America was from the right the last 8 years?

Hey HipKat,

Perhaps this entire obsession with Presidential legitimacy began in 2000 with the election of George W.

Then, in 2009, the right, stupidly in my opinion, clung to the "birther" questions, which were in fact raised by Obama's previous writings and comments from his own family members. Those issues were in fact first raised by the Clinton campaign during then 2008 primary contest. IMHO, the whole "birther" issue, fact-based or not, was all a set-up for the dumb asses on the right to raise the "birther" question, just to that they may be labeled racist. Yea, that includes Trump, who finally made a clear statement saying he was wrong. But again, the "birther" issue, IMHO was a set-up to play the race card.

But, the birther issue not withstanding, to the best of my knowledge, no sitting Republican member of Congress EVER held that Obama was not duly elected, and as such, would not recognize his official, functional role as the President of the United States. That is a very dangerous turn of events.

To the best of my knowledge, no one on the right pursued recounts in order to address the so-called "Black Panther" intimidation at the polls in 2008.

To the best of my knowledge, no one on the right, advocated or engaged in significant efforts to disrupt and influence the functions of the Electoral College in 2008, or in 2012, especially in states as close as Florida, Ohio, and North Carolina.

To the best of my knowledge, there were no significant, organized efforts by the right to disrupt the Inaugurals in 2009 and in 2013.

In fact, President Obama's outreach was limited to day-long "meetings" on the ACA, which were grounded in the stated premise that the opposition was participating as vanquished opponents, and their input was not valued. That does not sound very unifying to me.

I can only observe that President Obama received widespread Republican and independent support for the Bin Laden raid: all sides came together in the national interest.

There were many on the Republican side of the isle, who tried to work cooperatively with Obama on Immigration. That would include Senator Rubio.

Kagan and Sotomayor received BI-PARTISAN support in the Senate.

Moreover, President Obama's cabinet picks were confirmed, and with Republican praise. I am speaking of Eric Holder and later Loretta Lynch. Mrs. Clinton received very shallow opposition. Even Turbo Tax Cheat Timothy Geithner was approved with little resistance.

Fast Forward to 2016-2017:

President-elect Trump has reached-out to Al Gore, Rahm Emanuel, Robert Kennedy and many others on the left. At least he is making an attempt to be inclusive.

Those gestures were greeted with:

(1) Frivolous recounts, financed by Clinton supporters in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania.

(2) A concerted effort to disrupt the functions of the Electoral College.

(3) Calls for political disruption of the Inaugural.

(4) Boycotts of businesses friendly to Trump.

(5) Disruption of Senate Confirmation hearings,

(6) Pledged opposition to all of Trump's cabinet picks.

(7) Refusal by HOUSE MEMBER(S) to recognize the legitimacy of the Trump Presidency. The positions of the Hollywood left and the talking heads goes without saying.

(8) Calls for a "state of national emergency" and martial law.

Yea HipKat, I agree, both sides suck and act as kids sometime. But, this crap is a bridge way too far.

Thank you for the exchange.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 15th, 2017 at 12:04 AM.

Excellent summation post, Mark.

It appears that you and I are on the same page when it comes to holding both sides accountable and share some past history that belies the current re-writing/presentation of history. I found Bill Clinton’s recalling of his and Hillary’s convention love story totally disingenuous and appalling.

And regarding the Clintons favoring open borders and the empathy extended and protection of “illegal” immigrants, perhaps Bill has either amnesia or evolved from his immigration position when in his 1995 State of the Union he professed:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c43510...migration-sotu

But today, people who hold like positions are labeled xenophobes and racists; deplorables lacking in compassion by daring to want to put America's best interests first.

Yes, both sides too often suck in taking positions that are not in the country's best interest. Here, the left is acting is acting like a spoiled kid who didn't receive a trophy and is crying for a safe space because someone told them that Chicken Little said the sky was about to fall.

BTW - any wacko Hollywood celebrities leave the country yet?

Excellent summation post, Mark.

It appears that you and I are on the same page when it comes to holding both sides accountable and share some past history that belies the current re-writing/presentation of history. I found Bill Clinton’s recalling of his and Hillary’s convention love story totally disingenuous and appalling.

And regarding the Clintons favoring open borders and the empathy extended and protection of “illegal” immigrants, perhaps Bill has either amnesia or evolved from his immigration position when in his 1995 State of the Union he professed:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c43510...migration-sotu

But today, people who hold like positions are labeled xenophobes and racists; deplorables lacking in compassion by daring to want to put America's best interests first.

Yes, both sides too often suck in taking positions that are not in the country's best interest. Here, the left is acting is acting like a spoiled kid who didn't receive a trophy and is crying for a safe space because someone told them that Chicken Little said the sky was about to fall.

Lee,

I take occasion to focus on your comments regarding the Clinton immigration evolution, and extending that observation to include President Obama.

From the Syrian refugee issue, to the ridicule of Trump's proposed wall, to the laments of Mr. Khan, the right has been labeled as heartless xenophobes whose bigoted selfish needs transcend the sacred right of ILLEGAL immigrants to realize the American dream.

Now, be careful not to get whiplash: President Obama has reversed a 50 plus year, bi partisan American policy of automatically granting asylum to those fleeing Communist Cuba.

Now, let me get this straight. Those fleeing the oppression of Communist Cuba should be promptly returned upon reaching the American shore, but refugees, vetted with flawed standards, from nations with heavy terrorist populations, are welcome, as are those illegal entrants, from multiple nations, pouring in from our southern land border. And, are granted full asylum in various "sanctuary cities." I'm not only scratching my head, but other body parts as well.

That reversal, along with other violent foreign policy turns, seem to suggest that the President is rewarding the Castro regime, at the expense of those existing on that imprisoned island, while at the same time, sticking it to the Cuban Americans for their support of Trump in Florida, AND leaving a steaming pile on President Trump's desk.Obama just hit a triple.

I rarely use this language, but WTF? I am understanding this correctly?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 15th, 2017 at 02:04 AM.

Here, the left is acting is acting like a spoiled kid who didn't receive a trophy and is crying for a safe space because someone told them that Chicken Little said the sky was about to fall.

This is something we agree on. These left wing cry babies are an embarrassment and I wonder how long it will take to sink in that it's this behavior that helped them lose the election. It's a stark contrast when you look at the stereotypes.

The right portrayed as out of touch, uneducated conservative Christian rednecks, the left as trendy, pop cultural, hippy, faux-activists and neither side really represent real America and it was real America that finally made a stand
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    This is something we agree on. These left wing cry babies are an embarrassment and I wonder how long it will take to sink in that it's this behavior that helped them lose the election. It's a stark contrast when you look at the stereotypes.

The right portrayed as out of touch, uneducated conservative Christian rednecks, the left as trendy, pop cultural, hippy, faux-activists and neither side really represent real America and it was real America that finally made a stand
    The grassroots Republican voters recognized that their needs and interests were not well served by the "elitist" wing of their party. They equally rejected the "ultra right" wing, whose constant message was embedded in rigid, uncompromising values which reflected an arrogant exclusionary attitude. They preferred a "problem solver"and not a "problem maker." Those Republicans, the silent middle class, want to engage a strong, secure, and prosperous America, while offering a helping hand and a kind smile to those truly in need. Enter Trump.

As for all this nonsense about a "hacked" election, Hillary Clinton's problem was not hacking but revelation. Secretary Clinton has been a public figure for almost forty years. During that time, Mrs. Clinton successfully confined the concerns regarding her character to the vague world of "the unsupported appearance of wrong doing." The publication of the emails, and the email server issue, shined a bright, tangible light on her dark side, and together, those two issues tended to reinforce and confirm those suspicions.

As in 2008, and in the 2016 primaries, people were looking for reasons NOT to vote for her. Any credible alternative was acceptable.

Rejection of both the dumb ass elitist and "ultra right" Republicans, and rejection of the corrupt Clinton equal TRUMP.

Perhaps the left will understand that is why they lost the election, and stop hiding behind the contrived excuses.

Equally, I wish to hell that elitist Republican bunch would realize what message sold this past fall, and break their habit of doing the incredibly stupid, like attempting to abolish the Independent Ethics Office. NOT SMART!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; January 15th, 2017 at 11:36 AM.

Ask yourself, does any thinking person really give a **** what the likes of Rosie O'Donnell, Charlie Sheen or Alec Baldwin think about anything? Of course not. And as far as the main stream media, isn't it more and more apparent that the only ones listening are themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Ask yourself, does any thinking person really give a **** what the likes of Rosie O'Donnell, Charlie Sheen or Alec Baldwin think about anything? Of course not. And as far as the main stream media, isn't it more and more apparent that the only ones listening are themselves?
    Yep, they talk to each other on their private jets and compare who has the biggest one. Carbon footprint that is.

That is pretty naive of you two. Of course people care about what celebrities say and think about politics. And guess what, they vote too. Scary isn't it.

b.b.

Beyoncé and Jay Z campaigned for Hillary, guess that didn't matter too much

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    That is pretty naive of you two. Of course people care about what celebrities say and think about politics. And guess what, they vote too. Scary isn't it.

b.b.
    The operative word Bob is "thinking." But, you are correct. Those non-thinking people, and there are plenty, sell everything from tooth paste to presidents, and yes, it is scary.

For someone to have voted for Romney or Trump because of Clint Eastwood is asinine. For someone to have voted for Gore, Obama, or Clinton because of Barbra Streisand is not only gullible, but tone deaf, IMHO.

Why doesn't Rosie just keep her promise and move out. I understand she tried to get into Canada but there were problems at the bridge. Something about weight limitations for crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Why doesn't Rosie just keep her promise and move out. I understand she tried to get into Canada but there were problems at the bridge. Something about weight limitations for crossing.
    Yep, I guess she won't be able to speak at the Toronto Charm School commencement.

Page 1 of 272 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information