Page 194 of 272 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 4073

Thread: Had enough yet

Women and children first? Not in Joe’s world!

We have a humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan and sadly all we can expect from Washington and the media after first agreeing and telling us that it was time to leave Afghanistan is more of the blame game for the resulting crisis at hand.

While the The Washington Post tries to cover Biden’s ass, FOX hands Biden his ass! Trump had a hand that was never played as he was voted out of office. Voted out because of the hatred for the man more than for the confidence put in Biden. Biden played Trump’s hand saying he had no other option. The emperor has no clothes and is being deserted. Even Kamala Harris has been quoted as saying, “I’m not going to take the blame for this ****.”

Yes Mr. Biden, you do own it. Your were warned repeatedly that your strategy had the potential to cause this exact crisis.

Trump’s deal with the Taliban, explained - Washington Post

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

As criticism of the chaotic Afghanistan withdrawal continues to build, President Biden has argued that he effectively had little choice in the matter. A deal President Donald Trump cut with the Taliban last year forced Biden to choose between a withdrawal now and an escalation of the war, Biden says. And as The Fix’s Aaron Blake notes, with the brutal Taliban regime retaking power, former Trump officials are suddenly and conspicuously scrambling to distance themselves from that deal.

And then there are the countering FOX News reports:

Joe Biden has left us in a hostage crisis

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Media plays into Biden's hands following most recent speech – Fox News

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

When have American citizens ever not been lied to by politicos? Behind closed doors and in smoke filled rooms before, in public in today's world, fearing less now because biased media outlets will cover-their-asses!

HUMILIATION!...

Taliban unit appears to mock iconic US Iwo Jima flag-raising photo

By Patrick Reilly
    August 22, 2021 4:14am Updated
    Click On Image To Enlarge:

Reference: https://nypost.com/2021/08/22/taliba...-world-war-ii/
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Lee & Mark,

I am heartbroken over this crisis that only one person caused, Resident Biden. His commando's and cabinet should of had the courage to stop what happened in Afghanistan. But I am reminded that there is a bigger agenda here, China & Russia. How do they factor into this plan that Resident Biden unleashed? I hear that what is left behind is Lithium? What do we use lithium for Lee & Mark? Why is China & Russia interested in this? I really don't know the answer to that. How is it that we have armed a barbaric group to become the most sophisticated army now in the world....

When we start to dissect the ramifications of Resident Biden's actions, we do see there is a bigger picture.

Please for the love of God may our people be rescued and brought home safely.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Lee & Mark,
    But I am reminded that there is a bigger agenda here, China & Russia. How do they factor into this plan that Resident Biden unleashed? I hear that what is left behind is Lithium? What do we use lithium for Lee & Mark? Why is China & Russia interested in this?

When we start to dissect the ramifications of Resident Biden's actions, we do see there is a bigger picture.
    Speaking only for myself, spot on shortstuff!!!

Personally, I do not believe that the events of last five years are a series of unlinked coincidences, nor do I believe that those events traveled an uninspired road.

I will leave what I believe to be a resident Globalist agenda out of this, but I do believe that the Chinese have driven, and are driving, most of the events; occurrences which are intentionally aimed at the destruction of our Republic.

As for the butcher Putin, perhaps he has taken a page out of Stalin's 1939 playbook?

You will recall that in light of Anglo-French pledges to come to the military aid of Poland in the event of a Nazi invasion, Hitler and Stalin signed a non-aggression on August 23, 1939. That pact assured Hitler that the USSR would not intervene when Hitler invaded, and therefore, Germany would be spared a two-front war; the fatal mistake of both Napoleon and Kaiser Wilhelm.

Hitler of course did invade on September 1, 1939, and Britain and France did in fact go to war against Germany on September 3.

More to your specific concern, I believe that the 1939 template may hold certain relevance to the current circumstances because, in a secret protocol to the Non-Aggression Pact, Hitler agreed to give Stalin Poland, east of Brest-Litovsk.

As such, Stalin got a nice chunk of Polish land, which included the Polish oil fields and refineries around Drohobych.

More importantly, the Russians got a land "buffer" between the German army and the Russian border proper, as well as a near-two year time period to prepare for the inevitable Russo-Nazi conflict.

Perhaps that historic 1939 scheme may well be in the dark mind of former KGB Officer Putin, n as he presently engages the Communist Chinese?

To wit, like Stalin, perhaps Putin may realize that the Russians will eventually fight the Chinese, and that in payment for any support that he may give to China, he, like Stalin, may acquire some easy spoils of war and conquest, along with the important element of time; an intangible which may be essential to a more fairly-balanced Sino-Russo battlefield.

Here is some evidence which may support my thinking:

Russia, China hold large-scale joint military drills
    Reference: https://www.reuters.com/world/russia...ls-2021-08-10/

GOD HELP TAIWAN!!!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 22nd, 2021 at 02:03 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Contemptable expose

America’s weakening / destruction from within and out. Pathetic timeline!

How the US exit from Afghanistan unraveled, miscue by miscue

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/85529358.cms

What's this all about?...

American Trapped in Kabul Explains 'Bogus' Visa Email Sent to Thousands: 'Brain Worms'

by Matthew Impelli on 8/20/21 at 4:57 pm edt

"This looks like a U.S. Visa," Fox said while showing a copy of the document he received. "for those of you who aren't familiar, if you get a U.S. Visa or an immigrant visa in your passport, this is what it looks like. But this document has no name. It's not addressed to anyone. There's no serial number at the bottom, there's no barcode...

...and what do you think happened when these people received a document like this that has no name? Of course, they printed out a thousand copies," Fox said. "you have tens of thousands of Afghans who now have this kind of ridiculous, bogus document that the state department created...

...I don't know how else to explain something like this except for brain worms. I mean, it's absurd. What were they thinking?"

Reference: https://www.newsweek.com/american-tr...-worms-1621668

Trump set the stage for the chaotic scenes we're seeing on TV today.

So says an opinion piece posted on Newsweek and written by Scott Dworkin who is an author and serves as Executive Director of The Democratic Coalition. He was a deputy director for the 2009 Presidential Inaugural Committee and the 2012 Democratic National Convention, and a senior adviser to the Draft Biden and Run Warren Run campaigns.

Trump should not go unscathed in this mess, but this is irrational reasoning and leads to a conclusion that has no relevance here as Biden is in office, not Trump, and calling the shots.

Stop Blaming Biden for Afghanistan. He's Cleaning Up Trump's Mess | Opinion

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

The images coming out of Afghanistan have been disturbing. But let's be clear: The Trump Administration led us straight into this mess. And President Biden is doing everything he can to get us out of it.

In Afghanistan, President Biden got dealt yet another losing hand from the Trump Administration. Their Doha Agreement with the Taliban violated the most basic principles of self-government for the Afghan people. There was no way to enforce it or make sure the Taliban kept its word. There was no denunciation of al-Qaeda terrorists. Worst of all, the deal didn't mandate the Taliban stop attacks against Afghan security forces.

Two defense officials told CNN that the first US troops have started leaving Afghanistan as the evacuation effort enters its final week

Reference: https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...-21/index.html

Does not Biden appear to be more concerned about honoring the Taliban's demand for an August 31 withdrawal date, than he is about rescuing American nationals?

Taliban says it won’t accept extension to Biden’s Aug. 31 Afghanistan withdrawal deadline

By Howard Altman
    Reference: https://www.militarytimes.com/flashp...awal-deadline/

Strictly Hypothetical Of Course:

What if a Chinese-compromised President Biden deliberately planned to recklessly withdraw U.S. Troops from Afghanistan in order to assist China in acquiring hegemonic influence in Afghanistan?

I have already observed:

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    My opinion only, but the Biden withdrawal plan from Afghanistan was flawed from the start and was doomed to failure. If a more thoughtful plan would have been applied, America could have disengaged its twenty-year commitment with honor, and left the Afghan armed forces in a much stronger position to maintain a position superior to that of the Taliban.

Is it not fair to ask why was such a reckless plan adopted?

Just a thought, but Afghanistan holds 3 trillion dollars of rare earth minerals.

Reference: https://tfipost.com/2020/07/afghanis...depends-on-it/

Perhaps with a Chinese-compromised President Biden in office, this New York Post headline may suggest a reason?:

China reportedly prepares to recognize Taliban if they oust Afghan government

Reference: https://nypost.com/2021/08/13/china-...l-1S-DQKoAvBrQ

The surrender of a nation rich in mineral wealth to the Chinese would be a nice down payment on the mortgage that President Xi Jinping holds on the Biden Presidency, eh?
    Today, this supporting development:

Shortly after the capital fell to the Taliban, a spokesperson for China’s foreign ministry said Beijing is “ready to develop good-neighborliness and friendly cooperation” with the Afghanistan.

Reference: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/23/chin...lysts-say.html

If the United States experiences severe resistance to its evacuation efforts, would it not be interesting if China, using its friendly relationship with the Taliban, steps forward as the calming, benevolent guarantor and savior of American lives?

In that event, is it not fair to say "Hello" to a substantial increase in Chinese wealth and an expansion of its hegemonic influence in Afghanistan, and "Goodbye" to America's World preeminence?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 24th, 2021 at 09:17 PM.

Hey Mark:

Considering what is taking place in Afghanistan is a result of the Trump Accord to withdraw from Afghanistan, I can only hope your opinion has no merit. I am one who believes we should have never considered withdrawing all our troops from Afghanistan.

I find complete troop withdrawal disturbing, especially Biden's stating that America has no interests in Afghanistan. No interests like stability in a region noted for promoting terrorist activities against the U.S; aiding citizens wishing to be free from restrictive / punitive Sharia Law; where Afghans have been the fighting force and losing tens of thousands of lives in the past several years and at no loss of American life in the last 1-1/2 years; loss of access to rare earth minerals; the loss of $85 billion in sophisticated military equipment.

While we watch and read media outlets and see the evacuation hardships and embarrassment taking place, the Biden administration and supporting left media are making fools of themselves trying to sell Americans a different positive narrative. While the Afghanistan withdrawal leaves allies in Europe to face harsh reality of US's departure from world stage, Biden declares he speaks with them all the time and they are cooperating.

While we read in the media:

• U.S. forced to leave on 'Taliban's clock' is 'moment of American humiliation'

• As conditions deteriorate in Kabul, United Nations Secretary General António Guterres has acknowledged that Taliban reprisals have begun against U.N. staff, and a group of U.N. staffers has urged Guterres to order their evacuation.

• The Taliban Now Controls a U.S.-Made Super-Surveillance System and $85 billion in military weaponry.

• ISIS terrorist threats jeopardize Afghanistan evacuation, Pentagon assessment warns

• Taliban vows to keep certain Afghans within the country

• Chinese government suggests it will financially aid the Taliban

• Biden’s poll numbers are dropping - now at 41%

we then read a different narrative in the following POLITICO report:

In the span of a week, the White House went from struggling to explain a rapidly deteriorating situation in Afghanistan to beating its chest.

Top Biden officials and administration allies have begun aggressively touting the success of their evacuation efforts in the war-torn country, offering frequent updates on the number of evacuees. They’ve framed the operation as historic —in line with the Berlin airlift — declared that they’re “over performing” their own metrics and trumpeted the president as “defying expectations.”

Democrats are trying to sell Biden’s agenda. But key voters aren’t paying attention. Americans' harsh judgment on Afghanistan costs Biden's approval, down to 41%

Comment

It ain’t over till it’s over, Mark. The lying and misinformation by the Biden administration and media left is appalling, especially considering their castigation of Trump as the ‘Liar-in-Chief. To think the Washington Post found there was no need to fact check the White House once Biden took office.

This is a cluster**** to the nth degree. It will be whitewashed to make America look virtuous.

No longer confident in and embarrassed by our ‘Washington leaders’? Yeah, me too!

Scared by the policies proposed by an inept and dysfunctional Congress and president? Yeah, me too

Just listened to the briefing, apparently over 82,000 folks have been transported to date. They stated that they are actually leaving prior to the 31st. Those still left behind are then left behind. Slaughtered. Is this not the saddest day in our history? Or is there any other time in history that the US will have stranded/abandoned in a foreign terrorist hostile country? Am I suppose to be thankful and relieved that not all have been rescued? Is this truly 2021 or 1810? The mouthpiece said that now that Pfizer has been approved by the FDA, they have made it truly mandatory for all military personnel to be vaccinated period.

Biden turns his back on humanity. Sad....

Is this not the saddest day in our history? Or is there any other time in history that the US will have stranded/abandoned in a foreign terrorist hostile country?
    Not in a foreign terrorist hostile country shortstuff, but the Franklin Roosevelt administration, after its failure to take adequate defensive measures, presided over the surrender of the Philippines in the spring of 1942. That decision was resultant of a strategic choice made by President Roosevelt, General Marshall, and Chief of Naval Operations Admiral King, to focus American military priorities on the war in Europe rather than on the Philippines.

Although General MacArthur was evacuated to Australia, the remaining United States military assets and the entire Philippine population, all United States nationals, were left to the mercy of the Japanese occupation forces.

My family lost a young soldier to the Japanese executioners while on the Bataan Death March, and that is why MacArthur's vow "I shall return" remains, to this day, so inspirational me.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 25th, 2021 at 01:37 PM.

Am I suppose to be thankful and relieved that not all have been rescued? Is this truly 2021 or 1810?
    Your time examples are intriguing shortstuff, because they vividly illustrate Biden's departure from near-enshrined American tradition and policy.

The United States cut its teeth on the use of military force to free Americans taken hostage or its prisoners of war. From the pre-1812 impressment of American sailors, to the Barbary Wars, past the Boxer Rebellion, through the Pueblo Crisis, Son Tay, the Mayaguez Incident, Grenada, the Achille Lauro intercept, the Libyan raid in response to the La Belle discothèque terrorist bombing, and the "Guests" of Saddam Hussein in 1990, the bi-partisan American foreign policy, with very few exceptions, has always relied on its military might, or at least the threat of its usage, to confront the abuse of its citizens abroad, and to do so in such a way as to preserve American honor.

Perhaps Biden is some sort of foreign policy wiz, but if such is the case I fail to discern it. As I see things, if Biden has any perceptibly credible policy regarding Afghanistan, I simply do not understand it.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 25th, 2021 at 04:49 PM.

The blame game - another perspective

Afghan general says army was 'betrayed' by politics and blames Trump, Biden, and Afghan leaders for losing the war to the Taliban

https://www.businessinsider.com/afgh...-losing-2021-8

A perspective which I find credible and agree with. Trump did have a different exit strategy, but one that would still leave Afghanistan defenseless against terrorist attack and takeover and threaten America’s security.

The American public is seeing through Biden’s withdrawal strategy failures and any attempt by the left media to prop him up. Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates wrote of Biden’s foreign policy knowledge and decision making, ‘he was wrong near 100% of the time’.

The following email circulating social media features Mr. Biden’s humanitarian position in the Vietnam War. Acting today against his own intelligence agencies, military, and administrative advice, he pulls out the military before even considering evacuating American citizens and Afghan supporters. Withdrawing from the Bagram Airport was his biggest blunder.

Vietnam War

In 1975, President Ford was left to manage the difficult ending of the Vietnam War. President Ford went to Congress for a relief package to allow American personnel and our allies to evacuate.

However, there was ONE US SENATOR who opposed any such support. The result was the embarrassing and hurried evacuation from the roof of the American embassy in Saigon

This senator reveled in the embarrassment and did everything he could to leverage it politically against Ford. Despite the efforts of this U.S. Senator--President Ford managed to rescue 1,500 South Vietnamese allies prior to the country's fall. Had President Ford not acted quickly, these people would have been targeted and slaughtered for their support for America. When they arrived in America, President Ford asked Congress for a package to assist these refugees to integrate into American society.

That SAME troublesome SENATOR TORPEDOED ANY SUPPORT for the shell shocked, anti-communist, Americans and our helpers, the refugees.

Instead, President Ford had to recruit Christian organizations to offer assistance on a voluntary basis. As he did so, the Senator belittled those efforts. What kind of person would oppose President Ford's tireless work to do the right and humanitarian Thing? Who would want to play politics with the well-being of innocent people who stood by America in the tragic Vietnam War?

THAT SENATOR WAS JOE BIDEN

When Biden says he owns this catastrophe, indeed he does!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

However, there was ONE US SENATOR who opposed any such support. The result was the embarrassing and hurried evacuation from the roof of the American embassy in Saigon

This senator reveled in the embarrassment and did everything he could to leverage it politically against Ford. Despite the efforts of this U.S. Senator--President Ford managed to rescue 1,500 South Vietnamese allies prior to the country's fall. Had President Ford not acted quickly, these people would have been targeted and slaughtered for their support for America. When they arrived in America, President Ford asked Congress for a package to assist these refugees to integrate into American society.

That SAME troublesome SENATOR TORPEDOED ANY SUPPORT for the shell shocked, anti-communist, Americans and our helpers, the refugees.

Instead, President Ford had to recruit Christian organizations to offer assistance on a voluntary basis. As he did so, the Senator belittled those efforts. What kind of person would oppose President Ford's tireless work to do the right and humanitarian Thing? *Who would want to play politics with the well-being of innocent people who stood by America in the tragic Vietnam War?

THAT SENATOR WAS JOE BIDEN

When Biden says he owns this catastrophe, indeed he does!
    In these current circumstances relating to Afghanistan, Biden appears to be inappropriate in his conduct, comments, and policies:

Psaki grilled about Biden joking in response to Afghanistan question

Fox News’ Peter Doocy pressed Psaki on Biden's response to the reporter's question, asking her: 'What's so funny?'

By Houston Keene | Fox News
    Reference: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/psa...istan-question

...but historically Biden, either through his conduct, comments, and policies has faithfully been either inappropriate or wrong.

Biden's 1975 Vietnam policy seemed to undermine Ford policies such as...
    Operation Babylift

During the collapse of South Vietnam in 1975, President Gerald Ford ordered the evacuation of Vietnamese orphans from Saigon in the face of a massive North Vietnamese offensive. This mission, officially named Operation Babylift, began April 4, 1975, and evacuated more than 3,000 orphans throughout the month.
    Reference: https://www.fordlibrarymuseum.gov/mu...bits/babylift/

...and Biden continued to double-down on his uncaring policies without regard to this tragedy...

Remembering The Doomed First Flight Of Operation Babylift...

...Traynor was charged with carrying hundreds of children, many under age 2 and so small, they had to be carried onto the plane.

"We bucket-brigade-loaded the children right up the stairs into the airplane," Traynor remembers.

When the plane's cargo doors malfunctioned they blew out, taking with them a chunk of the tail. There was a rapid decompression inside the aircraft.

"It cut all control cables to the tail," explains Traynor. "So I'm pulling and pulling and pulling, and my nose is going down further and further and we're going faster and faster and faster, and I can't figure this out."

Traynor managed to stabilize the plane and turn it back toward Vietnam. After that, his only option was a crash landing. The impact was fierce.

"We came to a stop and I thought to myself 'I'm alive,' " he says. "And so I undid my lap belt, fell to the ceiling, rolled open the side window, and stepped out and saw the wings burning. And I thought, 'Oh no, that's the rest of the airplane.' "

Out of the more than 300 people on board, the death toll included 78 children and about 50 adults, including Air Force personnel. More than 170 survived.

Reference: https://www.npr.org/2015/04/26/40220...ation-babylift

Somethings and some people never change, eh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 26th, 2021 at 08:08 AM.

Thread Information